Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Um, anyone know what the poo poo happened to my game? The interface has shrunk the gently caress down and it's NOT COOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Or those who are too stupid to figure it out, the point is that they are using massive loving boxes which means you don't have to actually hit the plane to damage it. The hitboxen extend way out from the viewmodel.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow, get this: http://warthunder.com/en/news/635/current

The TL;DR of it is that they've seen a spike in SB players for planes, but only in Tank battles, to the detriment of Planes-only SB numbers. So...they're making it so SB planes are ONLY in Combined Arms now. :downs:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I finally started playing German tanks and holy poo poo you guys weren't kidding, these things are rear end.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
They AAA in CA either needs to be more spread out or just plain reduced. Even playing an RB match as Japan on Zhengzhou isn't this crazy. As it stands AAA is a randomized 30-second to 4-minute timer for your plane skytonk.

I've had the best luck with the Ar-2, once killing three F2s in one run. 250kg bombs are pretty much required unless you have really great aim.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skwee posted:

Did they change the icons since last I played (Like a few days ago) they are massive now, or at least really more obvious

They added a 1px black border to the icons a few days ago.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I didn't start playing German tanks until a few days ago and with my early EST schedule I literally can't play SB with them. :(

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
So whatever I was previously in as a Russian tank would get my rear end kicked by the F2. I bump up to a slightly higher up tank and am facing nothing but loving M4s. :suicide:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Hetzer is a mobile 10pc chicken nugget box and I love it. :allears:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Heliosicle posted:

The XP-50 gets an air start on Bulge, because why not give one of the best climbing planes a 3 km advantage :psyduck:

At least it made me pay attention if I spawned in my Hitlerbolt. Once I was Alt+Tabbed and one buzzed me and I drat near shat myself.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fauxtool posted:

That is legit interesting info. I assumed it was a Latin American soda because of its marketing.

The escaped war criminals brought it to South America! :pseudo:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The only times I've been killed by artillery is when I can't move (tracked, driver knocked out, whatever) or literally one time I tried running away from it and the first "test" shell loving nailed me.

Does the game let your enemy know the moment they call it? If so, dumb move. Your crew should only mention it when the first shot lands. More fun that way.

edit: To further explain how weak arty is, more than a few times I've ended a slugfest unable to move and the bastard called arty right on me before dying. I've survived multiple volleys where the main fire blew all around me with just track and suspension damage. As long as you don't directly get hit you can survive.

AMISH FRIED PIES fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 13, 2014

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I feel ya; I find it more effective to take very deliberate shots with higher caliber guns than to spam 20mm at someone. The grapefruit gun on the cobras and the 45mm on the Yak-9K are some of my favorite guns in the game.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just had two matches in a row in SBCA where it actually seemed like we had real air-support... :stare: Any time we encountered any grouping of hull-down enemy tanks eventually a Ju 87 or He 111 would whiz by and either kill it, hurt it, or make a big enough explosion to cover an advance.

I also had a beach game where it went on long enough that I made three full runs in my SM.79bis. :stare: Got a triple kill on some idiots makinga logjam at the bridge, even.

Anyone have advice for the Su-122? The bleb gun is fun but dailing in longer-distance shots is pain. :(

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The SU-122 is so fun (and really fast, too) but despite the awesomeness of its gun, I'm sad that I never actually get to see the impact. :(

What do I have to look forward to on the next TD in line? A flatter shell trajectory I hope?

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The worst choice. Free Research is the biggest scam there is.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Speaking of titles, I somehow can use the "Tanks Destroyer" title, despite having nowhere near the number of kills required for it. :psyduck:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Could be, I did kill a fuckton of tanks back when I still played Arcade.

I also just realized I own almost all of the Brit premiums except the Boston and the French ones. I'm gonna go stomping in a Wirraway or something! :v:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fart Car '97 posted:

I am such poo poo with the Typhoon Bs it is incredible. I haven't managed to kill a dozen people between the 2 Typhoon 1bs in ~30 matches.

It's okay, I suck with them, too. And I'm good with the Hitlerbolt, so what gives, they're supposed to be a little similar in playstyle, right?

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

AirborneNinja posted:

This is the best match I've ever had in an RB Beaufighter and it shouldn't have happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnGYdhXbVUg

Nice round and all, but that poo poo was unwatchable due to your squirrel-on-meth camera control technique. :psyduck:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
My favorite kill was when I was chasing someone in a dive and in a last ditch burst I critted their tail controls. This of course caused their plane to pull up at maximum force and rip its own wings off.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dicta Böelcke says to meet your attacker :black101:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

McDeth posted:

• Fixed bug which lead to AI Anti-Air to be much stronger on Karelia and Carpathians, than on other maps.

Taking bets here: who thinks they nerfed the AAA on Karelia and Carpathians, who thinks they buffed the AAA on all the other maps to compensate, and who thinks they actually did nothing? :psyduck:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just wrapping up the Bf 109 F-4 and I just slapped on the gunpods and holy poo poo everything is blowing up and minengeshoss lights up the skies. :allears:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Never Been Banned posted:

so should I just drop in on a room with players in it and say "hi can i play with you" or what sort of queuing system do you cats have going on up in here

If there's a room with people in it for a game mode I like I barge in, but if it's all empty I'll just idle in there and eventually someone else drops in. :)

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nothing like winning a well-fought duel to find the entire rest of the enemy team converging on you all at once from altitude and the rest of your team dead. :suicide:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Playing Japan in the morning from America sucks...always Zhengzhou, always climb off to the side, always come back to find I'm at 5000 feet and my entire team is dead without getting a single kill. :smithicide:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Ki-96 has two modes: The first is you get Zhengzhou and the USSR beats the everloving poo poo out of you, or you get New Guinea and you beat the everloving poo poo out of the US/UK team.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Commandante posted:

I've been playing my BF 109 F-4 a couple of times now and I get beaten soundly by the premium P-63s. They out turn and out run me, I'm legitimately confused in how to engage those planes. Basically if I can't get the jump on them or they see me to early it's game over.

P-63s climb like motherfuckers and will always be above you. This is why I was bitching about the Ki-96 on Zhengzhou. I'll climb to the side and come back to the fight to find all my teammates in A6M3s are dead and two or three premium Kingcobras with more than 1k altitude on me.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sim in a fighter is surprisingly playable with a mouse, at least when the other planes are mouse-users too. I'd hop in a 109 of some sort or even a Stuka and drop enemy bombers pretty regularly.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am still pissed at the spotting/radar mechanics they changed like half a year ago. I'll be at least 2km above everyone, see no one else near, and dive on a target a good 2k below me. I'm rewarded with a loving Typhoon gaining on me from 1km out after I make my pass. :sigh:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
One good part of the kill-credit changes in the past few months is that ramming bigger bombers often nets a kill credit for whoever shot it up the most prior to ramming, removing the little guilt I ever had about finishing a match by chopping something important off of a B-17. :getin:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why do I keep playing Tier IV poo poo. It's always a game of climb and climb to 7000m, find nothing for 5 minutes, finally find an enemy, engage, get torn apart by four more enemies that show up from even HIGHER up. :negative:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I recently started flying the B-17 and have had multiple rounds where I have the most air kills, even more so after upgrading the turret MGs' accuracy...poo poo just catches fire so nicely.

My favorite turret kill has to be when some Japanese bomber crossed paths with me about 800m to my right side, and my last turret burst lit him up at 1k. It eventually resulted in fuel detonation. :allears:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The 9K is one of my favorite Russian planes for that reason, even with it's blah flight characteristics. In fact, any fighter with 37mm or bigger cannons are what I love most. Reminds me that I need to fly the Ki-102 soon, but the Ki-96 is better for earning and I think it has better MM.

Also, lol @ the response my B-17 post got...just trying to spade planes, man.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I find pubbies are often confused that my Ki-96 can turn well AND go reasonably fast in a dive...are there any planes, premium or not, that are similarly misunderstood by players? (Other than the Ascender, that is. I have seen only one ever used by another player.)

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Eras have nothing to do with matchmaking and only count towards unlocking the next era. Still rad.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Guinea with a Ki-96 gets me a free kill on an AFK climber most rounds...just aim a little left when you spawn and you'll find some poor sap. :allears:

Seriously, this is the most fun plane for me, aside from the Hitlerbolt.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Today I stole a kill today in my B-17. A Wellington was being chased by a friendly Bearcat and he set it on fire and nicks the right wing off. It fell past me within 1000m so I sprayed a few bullets at it and got one tiny hit...and kill credit. And first strike. And fighter rescuer. The damsel in distress was not pleased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I had the best start to a round ever: Ki-96 on Iwo Jima and clouds over the allied half of the map. My air start allowed me to be above and behind a bunch of P-51s as they climbed out of the cloud layer...:getin:

• Locked thread