Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I'm so turnt up over the idea of some loving THUG quarterback wearing a backwards hat like he's about to go galavanting around with undesirables

Do people still get mad at Romo for this? I can't even keep up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lamadrid posted:

Volkerball that is a shameful avatar after the high point of Peyton Hitler.

This av owns. I liked the one before peyton hitler better.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes

MourningView posted:

Do people still get mad at Romo for this? I can't even keep up.

Ditka about Stafford

literally old white people

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sataere posted:

I'd take a flier on him if I were the Bears. I mean, his only issue is pot and dumb, right?

He'd be a good role model for Lyerla in GB too

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

He'd be a good role model for Lyerla in GB too

gently caress that noise, Dimitroff is going to realize that not hiring bad seeds is for chumps and get the birds a starting safety for the back-side of the season.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Nfl network replaying cool films from the 60's this week.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Re: people getting really mad about taunting.

If you don't wanna get styled on, don't give them a reason to style. Marshawn Lynch standing at the edge of the end zone looking around before stepping in made me really mad when it happened.

In reality though its funny as gently caress.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

Re: people getting really mad about taunting.

If you don't wanna get styled on, don't give them a reason to style. Marshawn Lynch standing at the edge of the end zone looking around before stepping in made me really mad when it happened.

In reality though its funny as gently caress.

I agree, that was loving hilarious. But you probably also thought Clay Matthews deserved to get a bow in the ribs for that late hit on Kaep. (Also, he probably got a bow in the ribs at some point over it).

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If we can't have endzone celebrations, please eliminate sack dances.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Volkerball posted:

This av owns. I liked the one before peyton hitler better.

How does one get a huge av?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

WugLyfe posted:

How does one get a huge av?

I got connections. Really though just upload the image you want and them pm it to debbie metallica and ask her to upload it to SA. She'll send you a link back, and then you can post it as an av in [img] tags. You can go up to 300 high and 180 wide.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dang that's so close to United Ignorance

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I guess it does if you squint really heard, turn your head sideways and are Doltos

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Someone got paid real actual people money to come up "United in Orange" as their victory slogan.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Knock knock
who's there?
Omaha
Omaha who?

Knock knock
who's there...?
Omaha
Omaha who?

Knock knock
WHO'S THERE
Omaha
OMAHA WHO!?

Knock knock
... who'.s there.
Orange
Orange who?
Orange you glad I didn't say Omaha?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

:lol:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bribes to keep your son out of prison aren't what they used to be.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Someone got paid real actual people money to come up "United in Orange" as their victory slogan.

More likely someone got paid real actual money to come up with fifty different slogans, and the person paying the money ignored them all and used something they came up with when they were on the toilet.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TAKE ALL MY MONEY. Where do I buy this?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Move to Africa, starve for a decade, then you can have one

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

TAKE ALL MY MONEY. Where do I buy this?

Somalia :D

Edit
:argh: ^^^^^ Intruding on my joke, bitch!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Kids over there are dying to get one

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I'm so turnt up over the idea of some loving THUG quarterback wearing a backwards hat like he's about to go galavanting around with undesirables

Holy poo poo you're alive

Volkerball I miss Peyton Hitler

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Intruder posted:

Move to Africa, starve for a decade, then you can have one

Worth it

golden tate taunting owns extra hard because you're getting styled on by golden tate, third tier NFL WR

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chilichimp posted:

I agree, that was loving hilarious. But you probably also thought Clay Matthews deserved to get a bow in the ribs for that late hit on Kaep. (Also, he probably got a bow in the ribs at some point over it).

Nah, actually I was at the game & it was on the other side of the stadium. I had no idea what happened & by the time I got home from the Niners cruising over the Packers it was just funny.

Plus we got Joe Staley big-boying Matthews, so it was all worth it.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I have no problem with taunting when it's warranted. Converting a 3rd and long, a big sack on 3rd down, turnovers, touchdowns etc.
It bothers me when someone starts acting a fool after a tackle for no gain on 2nd down and then they promptly give up a 3rd down conversion.

Trash talk is different in that unless you're field level you can't hear it and it can be used to get your opponent off his game. No problem with trash talk at all.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

sweet thursday posted:

Kids over there are dying to get one

:thurman:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

yay

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

Nah, actually I was at the game & it was on the other side of the stadium. I had no idea what happened & by the time I got home from the Niners cruising over the Packers it was just funny.

Plus we got Joe Staley big-boying Matthews, so it was all worth it.

Joe Staley makes Clay Matthews look so small and lovely.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chilichimp posted:

Joe Staley makes Clay Matthews look so small and lovely.

But enough about football

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
So what other acts should be banned to discourage retaliation?

Excessive scoring?
Celebrating on the bench?
Picking on a weak db all game?
Trick plays?

How about we just ban stuff that actually hurts people, like the retaliation, rather than punish the guy having fun the same way we punish people for assaulting each other.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Marino filed a concussion lawsuit against the league

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-dan-marino-sues-nfl-20140602-story.html

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

SlipUp posted:

So what other acts should be banned to discourage retaliation?

Excessive scoring?
Celebrating on the bench?
Picking on a weak db all game?
Trick plays?

How about we just ban stuff that actually hurts people, like the retaliation, rather than punish the guy having fun the same way we punish people for assaulting each other.

Excessive blackness.

Excessive Kluwe.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
So Dan Marino is suing the NFL.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-dan-marino-sues-nfl-20140602-story.html

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Can you describe your symptoms Mr. Marino?

Severe migraines, memory loss, ringing ears, loss o-

Ringing fingers?

No, ringing ears..

Oh, I was gonna say. Carry on.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dan Marino is my father and I support him in these trying times.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Marino visited Kelly in the hospital because, y'know, that whole thing wasn't depressing enough.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Can anyone find that "I can't believe I made XXX$ from working at home" message that spammers used to use on NFL.com? Seems like they purged it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Doltos posted:

Marino visited Kelly in the hospital because, y'know, that whole thing wasn't depressing enough.

Bernie Kosar was gonna stop by but he got shithammered and forgot

• Locked thread