Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Here's a beauty we pass every day. It's always gleaming.

My wife rode in one recently, she was shocked that the loving window controls were not on the door but rather the dash. Also that the whole vehicle and ride felt like absolute poo poo and she isn't even a "car person" who notices things like that.

Also I didn't know PT cruisers and HHR's and that other one were different brands. But to me Chrysler and Chevy and GM are the same brand. "poo poo american car that isn't ford that stupid loving old people still buy for some reason"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

THIS is the demographic I mostly see driving PT cruisers. Older men. I'd say 75% of the Post-Traumatic Cruiser disorders I see are driven by old dudes yearning for the 50's and juke boxes and poo poo. Also I've seen a few done up like that. Not exactly like that, but some ridiculous wrapping and body work to make their "car" look more classic.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Haha god drat that expedition why is it still exactly the 90's model?? Every other car in that lineup looks new and actually pretty good. It's like american cars that actually look modern and with it, then bam, mid 90's expedition.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Why even bother calling it a vw bug if it's nothing like a vw bug? Why not actually make a simple dirt-cheap "people's car" with an aim for simplicity, reliability, and ease of repair?

I mean it's as insane as say taking a rugged military vehicle, stripping out everything that actually makes it rugged and useful, and just selling people a lovely truck with a purely cosmetic resemblance to its namesake.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Why do rental agencies always have terrible cars?

I used to see a lot of rental PT's and I still see rental HHR's. The same with company cars. Do they sell these cars special to rental companies and for company cars at some amazing deal they can't refuse?

I can sort of see picking something shockingly horrible for a company car as it at least turns heads, and I could see an idiot company owner thinking a PT Cruiser was "Different and attention grabbing!" rather than embarrassing.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Aren't smarts in the US not diesel though?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

honda fits are ugly as poo poo but they get good reviews. worth the price or should i just get some other dinky car like a ford?

Honda fit is basically the best car ever made, and I think the post 2009 models look great, but I think most cars "car people" think are sexy look ridiculous and pretentious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

• Locked thread