Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The Tigers loving own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Upon diligent consideration of all relevant facts, I must conclude that Rajai Davis rocks pretty hard.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Deteriorata posted:

Upon diligent consideration of all relevant facts, I must conclude that Rajai Davis rocks pretty hard.

Indeed he does.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

R.D. Mangles posted:

I don't think I'm going to get excited about a pitcher in the year 2014.

I think most people would agree Jake Arrieta throwing strikes is something to get excited about.

Well, maybe not Oriole fans who waited on him for years...but it's cool for everyone else.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GoatSeeGuy posted:

I think most people would agree Jake Arrieta throwing strikes is something to get excited about.

Well, maybe not Oriole fans who waited on him for years...but it's cool for everyone else.

I'm just assuming that any healthy pitcher that shows a hint of promise this year will be taken from us by Dr. Andrews.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Deteriorata posted:

I was just thinking the other day about how far the A's have come from 2009 when I was talking myself into Rajai Davis being an important player going forward, so this is my karma for the mental diss on him and his team-leading 41 stolen bases.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Laughing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Royals signed Raul Ibanez.

'Well...huh' is about the only reaction I can come up with for that.

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
Doolittle also blew a save at Miami. It's interesting how two of the Bay Area's Nintendo relievers are coming back down to earth.

RalphTheWonderLlama
Jan 23, 2006

Baseball is serious business.
crosspostin from NYC LAN thread

I can't use my Yankee tickets tomorrow (Tuesday). Its cap night vs. the Rays. My seats are 9th row LF bleachers at $20 per seat.

PM if you want them. I sent this out on FB too, first come first serve.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

rscott posted:

I got an epidural for a bulging thoracic disc and it didn't do jack poo poo but give me a numb spot on my back about the size of a quarter

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm guessing that an MLB player is going to have access to way better physical therapy and other treatment then you did.

a rowdy mullet
Feb 12, 2009
N: Mariners Own

V: I can't shake the feeling that Jack Z is about to do something Real Dumb :sigh:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Yea, I wouldn't get too attached to Paxton or Walker if I were you.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

vegeta dentata posted:

Doolittle also blew a save at Miami. It's interesting how two of the Bay Area's Nintendo relievers are coming back down to earth.

His K:BB is still 57:1 so not that down to earth yet.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Groucho Marxist posted:

Having Stanton right now sets you up better for contention better than theoretical Springer and Correa in 2 years

I would rather have Stanton than Springer and Correa in 2016. I would rather have Springer and Correa's entire years of control than Stanton in 2016.

Put another way, Stanton offers the majority of surplus value (compared to Springer + Correa) in 2014, then less in 2015, then less in 2016, then the value becomes negative in the subsequent years (unless you think you can extend him). But the Astros essentially get nothing from him in 2014 and reduced value in 2015, so for them specifically he isn't a great fit.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

a rowdy mullet posted:

N: Mariners Own

V: I can't shake the feeling that Jack Z is about to do something Real Dumb :sigh:

We have this Adrian Beltre yall can have back

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

We have this Adrian Beltre yall can have back

Kyle Seager is too good to replace. We'll take Darvish though.

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
Is LoMo doing well these days? The Capps kid you sent us for him throws a bajillion mph, but he got hurt.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

vegeta dentata posted:

Is LoMo doing well these days? The Capps kid you sent us for him throws a bajillion mph, but he got hurt.

He's alright but all I hear from other M's fans is how creepy looking he is.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

vegeta dentata posted:

Yeah, pretty sure Doolittle is gonna be just fine but his lack of a decent secondary pitch is concerning.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
The Nationals have their lineup back together and looked really good against tonight. It was against Rockies pitching but hey! I'd like to see them try and swap Zimmerman to second for Rendon but I doubt they will.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Mornacale posted:

I would rather have Stanton than Springer and Correa in 2016. I would rather have Springer and Correa's entire years of control than Stanton in 2016.

Put another way, Stanton offers the majority of surplus value (compared to Springer + Correa) in 2014, then less in 2015, then less in 2016, then the value becomes negative in the subsequent years (unless you think you can extend him). But the Astros essentially get nothing from him in 2014 and reduced value in 2015, so for them specifically he isn't a great fit.

They can act like a team in the 5th largest metro area in the country for once and pay the man

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

N: Manny being Manny in the Minors. http://www.desmoinesregister.com/videos/sports/baseball/iowa-cubs/2014/06/30/11825829/?sf27980524=1

V: Bat flip needs work.

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Probably give him more than 65 innings. That said, his command looks night and day. Infuriating, but mostly because it's just another glaring example of how amazingly bad the Orioles are at developing pitching. We'll be repeating this song and dance with Kevin Gausman in two years, I'm sure.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Crion posted:

Probably give him more than 65 innings. That said, his command looks night and day. Infuriating, but mostly because it's just another glaring example of how amazingly bad the Orioles are at developing pitching. We'll be repeating this song and dance with Kevin Gausman in two years, I'm sure.

We'll take him off your hands as well if you'd like.

I'll admit I hadn't seen much of Arrieta before the trade, did he always have this slider of doom? The Cubs broadcast team spent the first month of the season calling it a cutter, but apparently it's just a slider he throws as hard as possible and it's been almost young Kerry Wood slurveish so far this year.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
N: Dodgers are now in first place in the NL West

V: Womp Womp

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.
As an Oriole, Arrieta's fastball command was crap, his slider was poo poo, and his only good pitch was his curveball. His ability to throw that curveball for a strike without hanging it came and went. Now he can locate everything on the corners with movement while still throwing mid-90s, like someone just flipped a switch and activated his upside. So glad it looks like the Orioles are bailing out the Cubs for completely ignoring pitching organizationally.

holylemon
May 24, 2004

Dude, have you ever touched a dolphin?

Fun Shoe

Senf posted:

Yeah, pretty sure Doolittle is gonna be just fine but his lack of a decent secondary pitch is concerning.

He does have one, though (finally). He's been using it pretty effectively all season. His problem today was the same as every other time he has a bad inning - not locating his fastball well.

Agreed that he'll be fine. Two bad innings in 2+ months doesn't exactly freak me out.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

holylemon posted:

He does have one, though (finally). He's been using it pretty effectively all season. His problem today was the same as every other time he has a bad inning - not locating his fastball well.

Agreed that he'll be fine. Two bad innings in 2+ months doesn't exactly freak me out.

True, I somehow forgot about him developing his slider recently. It's also easy to forget that the guy pretty much only has 2 years of pitching experience ever, which is pretty astonishing when you realize how good he has become.

Senf fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jul 1, 2014

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
July N/V title should be "They would be willing to pay Ichiro down to 2M"

Poor loving Ichiro getting dumped on the Astros :(

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I just realized Hideki Matsui had his Yankee retirement ceremony while Ichiro was recently traded to them.

That must have been awkward as hell. Wasn't there some bad blood between those two?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

tatankatonk posted:

N: Dodgers are now in first place in the NL West

V: Womp Womp

I went and looked at Gregor Blanco's numbers since June 14th to make myself feel better about not having to see him much very soon.

.192/.263/.231 :wow:

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
I want to see Casey McGehee become an all star and I want to see it work.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
The Rays have taken back the 29th best record in baseball from the diamondbacks, watch out al east

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm guessing that an MLB player is going to have access to way better physical therapy and other treatment then you did.

well some of them, i'm not sure about the mets

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Groucho Marxist posted:

Thank God they're adding more metal detectors these terrorist attacks at baseball games are getting a little overwhelming as of late

The Braves won't be adding them because there's no point in checking for guns in Georgia.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Bryce Harper is back and he's already publicly criticizing his manager's lineup construction. Not really a great look for the Nationals.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Bryce is right and that's what Matt Williams deserves for calling him out like he did this year.

tadashi posted:

The Braves won't be adding them because there's no point in checking for guns in Georgia.

The new stadium is just going to go by the eye test

Groucho Marxist fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jul 1, 2014

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Groucho Marxist posted:

The new stadium is just going to go by the eye test

I mean I'm sure non-white people will still get patted down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Security risks in Georgia will be determined by what handgun the attendee is carrying. If it's not a Taurus Judge in a $10 holster, be prepared to go through extra screening.

• Locked thread