Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!
That's uh... a unique theme idea. I kind of want to try and do a take on my idea from last year as kind of an attempt at redeeming it (Cthulu Teaches Culting), still want to revisit it but never had the time. Assuming it wasn't using a bunch of pre-created assets and code and the like would that be okay? Obviously would need to do lots more in order to make it work with this years theme but I'm sure a malevolent force could use public television as a means of brainwashing and subversion...

I'm probably being an idiot so feel free to let me know, if not then I'll give it a go again, I'm sure nothing can go horribly wrong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!

Shindragon posted:

Thanks for the criticism and hahaha I guess I unconsciously drew Dr. Zoiberg for Mr. Cthulu. Unfortunately we had some problems so yeah it was a pretty unfinished game, and the whole concept nearly had to be stripped. Especailly the running mini game, we had troubles implementing certain animations. I mean you were going to be a cult guy/girl carrying a camera dodging all the obstacles so you can get to your show within the time slot it starts. And if you ran into the lights, you just explode into a fireball.

Shame I didn't get to see my explosions. :(. But thanks for the encouraging words, and hopefully maybe the 4th time we'll have a functional game. Well ok technically this will be my third time with the same programmer but hey we are doing better! Hell last year we couldn't get poo poo working at all and didn't even submit what would be called a game.

Yeah I feel like I really made a mess out of this month for a second time in a row. I don't think I have much room to complain about it being too tough considering what some other people had to go through this year. My hope is that we can still make good on the Mr Cthulu game in our spare time and implement all the crazy poo poo we had planned out initially, hopefully sometime before next year!

• Locked thread