Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
Down to judge again. This way I can have judged 3 different GameDevs under 3 different SA usernames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
For those still unfamiliar with public access TV after Shalinor's explanation, go watch UHF on Netflix.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender

Shalinor posted:

Yes.

In fact this would be a FANTASTIC opportunity for someone to make an FMV game, if anyone ever wanted to try one of those. Man. I wish I had the spare money to offer a bounty to see that happen. I've no doubt we'll see FMVs already (Sigma-X, etc), but I want to see a terribad Tex Murphy game, dammit, or a Sewer Shark or something.

This is fine, anyone is welcome to judge and make a game, just realize the game's non-judgeable. As always, make sure to flag your entry as non-judged. We'll work something out to link them separately, possibly even in the Gamer's Choice thread if they're good (and just not add them to the poll).

Oh my god, I will give a bonus prize of some kind to anyone who makes a public access FMV game remake of the original Police Quest SWAT. Yeah, SWAT 1. With the gun-toting grandma hiding in the yard.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender

Shalinor posted:

Come down hard on a prize, so I can make your prize entry seem less wishy washy. JUST HOW BAD do you want a SWAT 1 nod, mister? :3:

... and do you want a single BIG bounty the one of your choice that does it, or the as-currently-written bounty to anyone that does it.

Anyone who does it, I'll gift them a copy of Door Kickers on Steam.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
I can't find my 360 controller at the moment, so I wouldn't be able to score your game.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender

Shalinor posted:

Gonna have to revoke your gamer card :mad:

Strangely none of my 360 controllers that are actually 360 controllers work on my PC. Nor does my Onlive controller. I got a cheap Steelseries knock-off controller that DOES get recognized as a 360 controller but it's somewhere in a storage box from the move and I haven't found it yet.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender

Obsurveyor posted:

Good news: You've got a month and a half to find something. :)

I'm still finding storage boxes and waiting on a shipment of my crap from when I moved in back in March. Unpacking is a slow process.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
I might be setting myself up for a bad pun, but where's the "awful"?

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
I like it, but I also kinda liked the one that forgot the awful.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
I'll probably stream judging when it gets to that point. Preemptively you should follow http://www.twitch.tv/leifsa/

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender

Bogwitt posted:

Is it too late to get in on this? I've seen these competitions come round each year and have always wanted to get involved or just try my hand at making games generally. The thing is, I'm basically a complete novice. Is a month enough time for a newbie like me to finish a game or should I be looking to join a forgiving and patient team?

You don't have to actually register (as I understand it, smack me if I'm wrong Shalinor), as long as you submit a game by the end of the competition.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender

Hidden Asbestos posted:

Day whatever we're on, oh god the clock is ticking: Got the second half of my SWAT briefing voice over lines from Stinkmeister to add to Rickvoid's work. Put it all together in audacity with a few extra background sound effects from freesound.org and I'm very pleased with the result. Having this excellent voice acting in my game is really gonna help sell the concept and I'm very proud of being able to have this level of polish.

Status of under-rear end fire: Lit.

Also you should hook these goons up for your own projects, you'll get great results from them and it really adds quality to have 'real voice acting' TM. Plus you can pretend to be a director for 5 mins while you describe the performance you want, it's a lot of fun.

Yesssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
As we enter the final stretch, congrats everyone!

• Locked thread