Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Habibi posted:

Or they get some better posters. Whichever comes first!

:crossarms:

It's a no-loop animated GIF (~18 sec; you might need to open it in a new window to restart it) and a total rip-off of Black Sails' backstory card. Feel free to throw it in the GDT. Call it, I dunno, Black Skates or something.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jun 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

The Casualty posted:

NY gets the Kiss

How does Chivas miss the hook in your scenario?

Because you're using specifically worst rather than least good and after MLS compulsory-bought-out Vergara Chivas is merely aggressively mediocre rather than a latino supremacist reserve side for Guadalajara?

Also don't be so hasty, we COULD use the Jets to troll everyone.

Including LA, given a name change.

"Introducing your Los Angeles~~~~~ Oilers!"

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Fine by me, but you actually need to impose some stakes on us for if you win.

Otherwise it wouldn't be fair.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

At least whoever made that took pride in their work.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Have American hockey champions paid their respects to the PM?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Loqieu posted:

Saw this on twitter. Buffalo beats LA in ratings.

The way those numbers read to me? Despite LA traffic, starting at classical quittin' time, being like the #5 team in town (behind even college teams), and competing with everything else in LA, the Kings still had more LA viewers than there are people in Buffalo.

That is a pretty good showing from LA.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Yeah, let's just ignore that the game was on at five the gently caress o'clock in LA and you're lucky if you still work at a job that doesn't hold you past that (not to mention LA traffic) while it's dinnertime or later on the East Coast.

It's like you don't actually read threads.

Thufir posted:

Aren't those numbers a % of the local audience? So LA had vastly more people watching than Buffalo, but Buffalo had a slightly higher %.

Or close enough to it.

Quick sanity check:

The Buffalo metro area has 1.2 million people. The United States has around 315 million. By comparison, NY is around 20 million and LA 16.

You can't get 8.5% of America's viewers in Buffalo (it doesn't have the infrastructure, or even possibly the soil stability, to increase its population twenty-fold even for a matter of minutes), and since viewing audiences are basically independent of each other listing it as a census of the engaged audience isn't useful.

This leaves only share of each market as a sensible reporting statistic. And to match the number LA turned in, Buffalo would need something close to a 100 share - everyone gathered around a TV watching the game and every TV in the Buffalo met turned on and tuned to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Stickarts posted:

[kind of a screwed up thing to say, dude, seriously?]

• Locked thread