Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I don't get how Carbomb had it dropped to 6 either. If the book says 10 it's 10. Why bother having the automatic 10 if it's subject to review.

I don't know if he sees the ice again even once he's done being suspended. AV made some comments about Carcillo's future with the organization, if I remember right. Dunno if he'll want to put him in, no matter how much grit or grind or toughness they may need against LAK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

soggybagel posted:

Random question but if a Canadian team were to end up winning the Stanley Cup or say the NBA title do they still get invited to the white house?

We have a really long time to figure this one out

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Kegger @ Rob Ford's house, iirc

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Star posted:

If the rangers don't pick up a win tonight then I think this series is over, unfortunately. I have a hard time seeing them come back from a 2-0 deficit.

The Kings need four wins to take the series, not two, iirc

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

That should have been incidental contact, no goal/no penalty, but whatever. The larger issue is blowing a 2-0 lead two games in a row. The larger issue is Brad Richards is a loving putrid hockey player on a huge contract who had better loving be gone by September. To come out and talk all this poo poo about protecting the puck, and then turn it over every time it's on his stick is laughable. gently caress off, Brad.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Shyfted One posted:

Is there any chance that the Rangers don't buyout Richards? Because I want to live in that future.

Anything is possible with this organization. Compared to the 12-13 season, 13-14 was a bounce-back for Brad. Sather may want to hang on to him. And I may then want to hang... myself.

But realistically, you have to figure he's out the door. The risk of cap recapture rear end-loving if he gets hurt/retires is far too great.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I'm already ill thinking about the game tonight.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I'm reaaaallllly ready for a break from anything hockey related at this point. loving Rangers. Game 1 and 2 you looked like you belonged at least, despite blowing two 2 goal leads like loving bitches. Game 3 was like watching ringers come by the rink and school some teenagers who were playing shinny. Hockey isn't fun anymore.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

LmaoTheKid posted:

Zucc for Captain.

I'd take that but you know they're not gonna.

Realistically it's gotta be McDonagh. Brad (had better be) is going bye-bye and nobody else has really taken any steps to elevate their game or improve much over the years. I can't see Staal or Nash as Captains of anything. Girardi maybe, but I don't know if he's got the personality for it, even though he's tenured with the team. Also he sucks lately but hopefully that is an anomaly and not a sign that he's Redden 2.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Mr. Kite posted:

I want the Kings to replace King and Clifford with Hagelin and Krieder.

You're welcome.

I disagree!

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Cold blooded

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

You can't blow consecutive 2-0 leads and expect to win the Cup against anyone, let alone the Kings. Between that and the absolutely back-breaking buzzer goal at the end of the first last night, it's been made obvious how outmatched the Rangers are. I'm still gonna watch game 4, and am hoping really really hard you guys, but they've made all the wrong mistakes, haven't gotten some key calls, and are flat-out being beaten by a better team. It's hard to be mad when you see where they were in October, but here we are, and it sure is disappointing to watch everything just unravel.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I won't see that because if the Kings win I am for sure turning the game off as soon as it's over

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Luck is an actual real thing that exists, but so is putting yourself into a position to be lucky and benefit from fortunate plays and bounces. The Kings are doing that better than the Rangers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

xzzy posted:

According to redit, tonight is hank's 666th game, today is Friday the 13th, and there's a full moon.

So if he skates onto the ice wearing a vintage hockey mask, y'all best be ready for someone to get macheted to death.

I can see Hank going out like Patrick Bateman. He's pretty enough.

• Locked thread