Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

ThinkTank posted:

^^^^^^^^
Why does New York winning make Vancouver look worse?
AV winning the Cup after being fired by Vancouver is probably the storyline being ran with :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

The Kings are taking the whole "give the Rangers nothing" thing a little bit too far

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

The stakes have never been lower :effort:

quote:

If the Kings win the Stanley Cup, New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said he will send Gov. Jerry Brown a "Taste of NY Gift Basket," which will include Gianelli Hot Italian Sausage from Onondaga County and red velvet cupcakes from Make my Cake in Harlem.

He also will part with a "Hat Trick" hockey puck commemorating New York having three on-time budgets in a row.

If the Rangers win, Brown will send Cuomo Lundberg Organic Brown Rice Cakes -- "lightly salted" -- and a copy of the book, "California: A History."

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Vicas posted:

That Henrik Lundqvist was taken in the 7th round in a draft where Rick DiPietro was taken first overall really speaks volumes on how goalie drafting is only barely a step above literal voodoo
Henrik being taken after his own brother is such a weird thing

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Mr. Kite posted:

I don't mind the extra rest for the Kings but 1 playoff game in 5 days us unfair to the viewing public. And its even worst for Rangers fans, 1 game in 8 days and an impending series loss.
Between this and the Eastern Conference Champions Kings shirts it's only fair for the Kings to give something back to New York. Maybe send them some pizza or a bagel as a gesture of good will?

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

The Rangers never trailed in that game until the last shot. The refs did gently caress up a fair share of things but holy poo poo does Brad Richards stink on ice :retrogames:

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Ray Ferraro has a good way to improve the consistency of goalie interference

Ray Ferraro posted:

I believe the int'l crease rule(as soon as off player goes into blue,whistle blows-no penalty-face off in neutral zone) is the answer to help clear controversy on goalie interference - never perfect, but way better and please don't bring up Hull goal - that was 15yrs ago

Shyfted One posted:

Is there any chance that the Rangers don't buyout Richards? Because I want to live in that future.
If he gets hurt the Rangers wouldn't even get the option to buy him out until he's healthy :science:

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

The difference in the series is clearly that not enough of the Rangers chose the correct brand of equipment :smith:

fancy stats posted:

Let's all discuss our thoughts on rlam again.
Sports radio on the internet :argh:

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Does everyone in NY call AV "Viggy"?

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Everyone that was mean to Kite for expecting the Kings to sweep the Rangers should feel pretty bad about themselves right about now. Maybe AV will let Carcillo be a hero next game or Brad Richards will stop being awful :laugh:

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Mirtle: Will Ferrell on series when still in LA: "It’s great for the East Coast to find out how hockey is really played." Not sure if it was a joke.

:laugh:

In other news history was made.

quote:

EliasSports: Jonathan Quick is just 2nd opposing goaltender to record a shutout at MSG in the #StanleyCup Final (G. Cheevers – 1972).

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Mr. Kite posted:

That's kind of a dumb stat since the Rangers haven't been in the Finals all that often.
11 times in 88 years is nothing to sneeze at :corsair:

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

Send us Doughty and you have a deal.

Edit: Or Kopi, your choice.
You know Sather would be happy as a pig in poo poo to get Dustin Brown instead :greencube:

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Wamsutta posted:

I won't see that because if the Kings win I am for sure turning the game off as soon as it's over
You need to watch the whole thing so you can see Marian Gaborik skating around MSG with the Cup over his head :allears:

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

tofes posted:

Anyone who doesn't think Doughty is one of the best defensemen in the league is crazy nutso
This is a scientific fact. It takes a massive amount of personal bias to even entertain the thought that he isn't one of the top 5.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

These people had some pretty great reactions

Since today is potentially the last game of the season they should probably move it from NBCSN over to NBC.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

AV hasn't told Daniel Carcillo if he'll get to play tonight yet. He can't be worse than Brad Richards so it's worth a shot :unsmith:

OldSenileGuy posted:

This shirt is literally falling apart but I had to wear it today and sadly it's looking like it'll be at least another year before I can retire it. :smith:

It almost looks like it's turned inside out. You should get it signed at the 94 team reunion on Friday then put it out to pasture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Wamsutta posted:

I can see Hank going out like Patrick Bateman. He's pretty enough.
One of the gif wizards needs to put Hank's head on Bateman and Richards/Carcillo's head on the cat in the ATM scene.

Loqieu posted:

Some what clever headline by the Post today. The soundtrack for today's game will be 2Pac and Wang Chung.

Also Mike Keenan says Lundqvist can win the cup on his own. So most likely the season ends today.

Blue or Die was better than that :negative:

• Locked thread