Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Continued from last thread, in regards to goalie fancy stats...

quote:

I think even strength save percentage is looked upon as a better indicator because short handed save percentage is considered more affected by the team? Or something

There's also Goals Saved Above Average, which shuffles things a bit (Like last year Schneider and Crawford down, Lundqvist and Bob up) but still has the guys with the best seasons near the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

Has there ever been a situation where a team without a captain has competed for the Stanley Cup before?

69-70 and 71-72 Bruins won without one.

Bucyk was presented the Cup in both cases. They went by seniority.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 2, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shares aren't very useful on their own though.

New York has 4 times the population of Chicago. An 8.5 could actually be more people.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What were Boston and Chicago ticket prices last year, for comparison's sake?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cup of Hemlock posted:

Game 7 against Anaheim was a 6-2 win; how is that blind luck?

He wasn't literally talking only about the Game 7s, genius.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If it doesn't embarrass the entire city, its people and history like putting a Habs flag up in Boston does then it's bullshit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aurora posted:

Haha get it because Chicago is full of bandwagoners

No, no.

Some of them are horrible long term fans too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

soggybagel posted:

Random question but if a Canadian team were to end up winning the Stanley Cup or say the NBA title do they still get invited to the white house?

No, they get invited to the whatever they call it in Canada.

Parliament I guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess that could be the takeaway if you only watched one period, sure.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So did the Kings.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thufir posted:

Aren't those numbers a % of the local audience? So LA had vastly more people watching than Buffalo, but Buffalo had a slightly higher %.

It depends if they're reporting shares or raw ratings.

LA still had more people unless a ridiculously low number of TVs were on.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stickarts posted:

Yea but what are the bathrooms like?

Toilets are way too small for hockey asses.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

canuckanese posted:

a bloo bluh bluh everyone thinks the Kings are better than the team I like and will probably win handily, they're all just bitter losers

That comma should be a period. They're 2 independent thoughts.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That billboard now has higher ratings than Kings games do in LA.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It would be nice if these 2 teams could put on an entertaining game before overtime instead of trading turns to play like crap.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lost Season posted:

N: The Kings have not held a lead in 229 minutes and 15 seconds, when Duncan Keith tied game 6 of the Western Conference Finals. The Kings have played three complete games in that stretch, winning all three and taking a 2-0 lead in the Cup Finals.

V: The Kings own, gently caress the Kings.

Your N is not consistent with your V.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Emetic Hustler posted:

How many 2 goal leads have been squandered during these playoffs? Teams should keep a 1 goal lead and see if that helps.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In the GIF McDonagh comes in and makes initial contact diagonally away from the crease. The Kings player then seems to make sure to fall towards Lundqvist on that contact.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Emetic Hustler posted:

"Blue or Die" doesn't really make sense. Usually when someone is blue they are about to die...of choking.

More of a teal, I think.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

deafmute posted:

Everyone that was mean to Kite for expecting the Kings to sweep the Rangers should feel pretty bad about themselves right about now. Maybe AV will let Carcillo be a hero next game or Brad Richards will stop being awful :laugh:

In their defense, Kite made that prediction in October.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LmaoTheKid posted:

I hear there's gonna be cake!

That was Carter's autocorrect.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How did Doughty fare on that big set of CorsiRel graphs?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Austrian mook posted:

btw, I hate Doughty because he's good and plays for a team I don't like. If he didn't exist, then the Kings would be much less good, hope that cleared some stuff up. Also imo he's probably the second best D-man in the NHL behind Karlson, since we all have to state our opinions on that now also Cam Fowler will be elite in 5 years book it

E: Eh, maybe PK is also better after thinking about it, Weber too although his Corsi numbers weren't that great this year I guess

The numbers so far say Weber and Suter are overrated individually.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What, and delay Growing Up Fisher?

I'm not sure if you've heard but NBC is America's #1 network. I think they know what they're doing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I was going to say you still have time to intercept the guy who brings them to the lockerroom just in case, but I don't think that guy will be around tonight.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Overwined posted:

This is by far the most shameful thing about LA Fans.

That's not really fair. None of them were at that game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AngryBooch posted:

Yeah I heard that last night's game tied the record. I guess this is now the longest season of NHL hockey ever.

Advantage Rangers, since they didn't start playing hockey until December.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Like three of those are against the Caps.

2 should be Pittsburgh too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Rangers just didn't want to dishonor the Cup by losing on cable.

• Locked thread