Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
I am pretty drat excited to see SC in scale with Rift. Got to play around with it for a few minutes at Eve Vegas for Valkyrie, got motion sick it was so real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
Ah yea, that thread.

I'm wondering if CIG really doesn't see it as an issue and wonders what we are all complaining about, or if they just simply do not want to spent the time and resources making the ships completely modular.

I'm not against the whole variant idea. Its not as cool as a base hull you can turn into anything you want, but it still would be a great game regardless. However if they are going down that route they need to explain why, apologize their asses off, and show how they can make it just as fun.

Honestly though, how many people bought the original crappy looking constellation because it was listed as being "the most modular". Now I just own a phoenix because of that class 9 hardpoint (Costing me $100 more).

SC_Druggie fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Oct 27, 2014

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
Ben answered a few questions about the 890J.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/3684233/#Comment_3684233

One of the best questions with a hilariously rage inducing answer for retaliator owners im sure :

quote:

4a) Where does CIG feel like this ship should fall in terms of max speed, compared to the other ships? Faster / slower than... a Constellation? Retaliator? Cutlass? 300i? etc

This is a surprisingly difficult question, given that the ships are modular in this respect; but from the stock ships, the 890 Jump should be around the same speed as the Retaliator. (With the design concept being: it should be fast for a capital ship, but slow compared to single-seaters.)

SC_Druggie fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 27, 2014

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
Someone needs to make a high quality gif of this.. I have no idea how.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phk-0zch1NI 3:30-3:32

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Jegan Ace posted:

But seriously, the only thing I love more than idiots from the brown sea lapping up concept art, are the Elite Dangerous boors that literally attach themselves like parasites to every SC discussion we try to have. That's even more pathetic than someone spending USD$600 on a flying space yacht (target).

I drink deep from the SC well of kool-aid.

M50.. Phoenix.. Reclaimer.. 890J..

Honestly concept art is my drug of choice. Ooooh yeaaaa!

SC_Druggie fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Oct 29, 2014

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Antoine Silvere posted:

I'm honestly curious: to those who say that Elite is well-made but "boring," why do you think SC will be any different? They talk about being able to do exploring, trading, mining, etc in the PU, so I'm not really sure why the SC version of all that will be magically more entertaining. :confused:

I suspect it will be just as empty and boring, but it will be extremely detailed and empty and boring.

I'll just fly around space and look at stuff.

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Antoine Silvere posted:

Yeah probably. Although you can already do that in E:D and it is very pretty. :)

Maybe, but it doesn't have $600 super yachts... and I do love my sperg super yacht

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Knifegrab posted:

Its gonna have some class act imperial people transports (literally known as luxury liners), so yeah, it does have space yachts.

And you don't have to spend any real money on it :shhh:

I was gonna be witty and ask if its in the shape of a triangle, but then I remembered :

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Knifegrab posted:

Almost similar:

I call one of them, the whale. I think they're super cute :3

edit: There is better concept art of one of them, I will try to find it.

Daaang

Dat Glass!

Anyone wanna buy a SC account?

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Octopode posted:

Star Citizen never had a funding goal of 7 million or was that limited in scope. Pretending that it did must be some sort of weird gaming hipster-ism or something where you only like Star Citizen back before it was cool.

In actual non-shitposting content, here's a big image from the latest Chairman's letter:

Despite CIG's attempts to rename the filename to hide the ship's identity, they left the Adobe metadata in place, revealing the original file as Carrack_WIPv4_004.

Given that the Carrack at least appears to have a multi-level bridge, I think it's safe to assume it's going to end up being quite a bit bigger than the original stats, like the Reclaimer did.

It's gonna be $350. It makes sense, they all are roughly on that level and size.

Phoenix (General) : $350
Reclaimer (Salvage) : $350
Carrack (Explore) : $350?
Hull-C (Transport) : $350?
Orion (Mining) : $350?

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Knifegrab posted:

And people are going to line up to give them that much money. This game is proof that we as a species don't deserve to be here.

I'll be melting my phoenix for it, that view is no joke. Seems like a neat everyday ship, basicaly exactly what I wished the connie was.

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Wulfling posted:

No idea what I'll do with the M50 I've got either as I'm apparently bollocks at racing.

I thought I'd suck at racing, turns out I am really good at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJc1wGiP1uo

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

DancingShade posted:

This. As long as the magic crowd funding money fountain spews forth cash and cocaine the game will forever be subject to scope creep.

Honestly I might feel a bit better if we see multi-crew stuff released in AC along with an FPS demo because at least then we'll know in principle that its all working together even if the content isn't there.

Im fine with scope creep. As long as they complete each part piece by piece instead of delaying the game for 10 years.

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Broccoli Cat posted:

It will be a big day if they get the multicrew thing to happen.

edit: Another question for gurus...

if there is leftover cash in our RSI account, does it get converted to space money, or does it vanish when the PU goes live if we don't buy some poo poo?

Neither.

You will still be able to buy vanity items and such on the store after the PU goes live.

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

imperialparadox posted:

I'd really like it if CIG actually released something new. Star Citizen has basically been MWO with spaceships for months now - they tell us about all this stuff that they are working on, but the only thing we actually get are new ship sales for stuff to look at in our hanger (or dream about really, with all these concept sales for things that don't even exist).

At least the FPS part of the game is coming out soon (it will be delayed of course), but I would kind of like it if free-flight mode was expanded to have the ability to visit a few different systems or something. CIG keeps talking about how all these separate games are going to magically come together to make the PU, but you would think that they would have a bit more to show for it by now. Even if it was just the ability to fly a ship out of the hanger and visit a few planets in a star system, it would show that the game they hype (the PU) is actually being built, not just Star Warrior Online. :shrug:

Its been three years... I'm no video game expert, but isn't that an insanely short amount of time for something this large.

Give it time.

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

imperialparadox posted:

These kind of threads always amazes me, because I have a hard time understanding people that are so invested in this game, and spend so much money on this game, that don't even try it - and in some cases don't even like it. I know that everybody doesn't like PVP, but you would think that you would at least want to see if you liked the basic mechanics of the game before you buy the next $300 spergboat. :shrug:

We wouldn't even have what we have now if we all thought that way. Someone has to assume the risk.

Just enjoy your cheap ride to gaming bliss I always say. Why discourage those of us who are willing to drop over a grand on your behalf.

*edit*

Misread apparently. My bad carry on spergs.

SC_Druggie fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 30, 2014

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Justin Tyme posted:

I can easily see Star Citizen reaching $75+ million dollars over the next two years and the fallout from the crash and burn will be tremendous.

They are waiting for you, over at TheMittani.com .

Star Citizen can't crash and burn at this point, even if it released right this moment, they could slap together multiship crew play and double precision and we'd still have the game that was originally promised pretty much.

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

citation needed

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/92076/

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Oh ok, if by we'd still have the game that was originally promised pretty much you mean just lovely arena combat then yea I agree completely.

Well, thats essentially what was originally promised.. a single player game, that transitions into multiplayer with SOME mmo qualities.

He's just expanding a crap ton on the MMO side of it now that he has the money.

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

AP posted:

Why are you linking to a thread written by one of the worst examples of a Star Citizen pubbie?

A. Because I am that pubbie

And

B. Because its informative and accurate

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

DatonKallandor posted:

Bullshit. You claimed if they slapped double precision and multicrew on top of what we have right now would fulfill the original promise. That is so far from true you're in loving china. We'd have a bad P2W World of Tanks clone with starships. No singleplayer. No PU. And sure as poo poo not the private servers they promised (that realistically they'll never actually release because they'd cut into their money machine).

Its all there black and white, literally phrase by phrase.

The original pitch wasn't so grand, its just been expanded one giant promise at a time.

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
Look at the skillz!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWuzpMVRWYo

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

8astard0 posted:

I'm actually pretty impressed. I'm slightly less pessimistic about this game being a major scam.

You know what you need? You need a super yacht!

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

rockopete posted:

Yes, the demo was pretty amazing but this was grating as gently caress. The science fiction version of this

Oh and the fake surprise at the gravity being shut off "Guys, is something happening with the gravity!?" loving excruciating

He's totally doing it wrong, your supposed to cast the whole spell!

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
I like how this person thinks! Worth.

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Barnsy posted:

Soooo the FPS module looks pretty cool.

That said, if this is a realistic shooter with short TTK, how are respawn mechanics going to work? According the CR you'll have your inheritors replace you or some poo poo, but what's the point of an FPS if you can't respawn at some stage?

Imagine you spend 30-40 minutes flying to this site to take it over or whatever. Game finally loads, get into it and some guy who's been waiting for you five mins headshots you from across the room. What next? That's going to be a serious gameplay issue that is going to have to be addressed somehow.

Don't quote me, but I believe the idea is to have "lives" in the sense you will lose limbs and be permanently damaged and such. This is also why medical bays are so important because they will prevent a loss of one of these "lives".

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

redwalrus posted:

Someone should let them know they can't claim realistic physics when if you shoot a gun in 0-gravity not only will the bullet go one way, but your person will go one way as well, so all those people slipping around horribly would more realistically be doing back-flips and flying backwards. Using the actual physics calculation for an AK-47, each bullet fired would propel them around 1ft/sec backwards.

Honestly it would be have been a lot more entertaining to watch than whatever the gently caress that was.

I'll make sure to let them know.. right after they show us something thats not pre-alpha.

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

AP posted:

Maybe let someone else tell them, I couldn't help but notice that they'd banned your account when you linked your terrible RSI thread.

Not exactly sure what your talking about but ok.

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

8astard0 posted:

Your RSI account said it was on probation when I clicked that link yesterday, maybe that's what he means.

Bah im always on probation.. its the RSI forum !

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Kimsemus posted:

Is there a reason I was kicked/banned from Goonrathi? I literally did nothing wrong.

Oh this should be good.

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Xaerael posted:

Shut up and stop stirring. Your account isn't even old enough to be a missed SC deadline yet.

November 19, 2013. My citizenship day is coming up soon, what are you getting me?

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
I got bored, and there was so many wrong people on this thread.

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

That was actually quoted in a LOT of different forums, its impressive. But seriously we are getting off topic from the other drama, can we discuss my newbness and hatred of goons AFTER we listen to this poor souls sad story?

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
Anyone know what the song is from this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmnh_EafsRE

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

SirTagz posted:

Add a bloody heart rate monitor instead. It would track your health in case of wounds in addition to your stamina, instead of making 1/4 of your screen useless. We have had anti-fogging agents since the 60-s. Ever think of that?

Oh because THAT wouldn't be overdone and obnoxious to look at. I like the fog idea, it doesn't break immersion but still gives you a good idea of whats going on.

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Isizzlehorn posted:

Hadn't seen that video before, thank you for the link spy.

Report #221

Today Isizzlehorn insinuated I am a spy, does he know?

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
I feel like making "I told you so!" party hats. This way when the game is a resounding success I wont have to lose my voice, i'll just point at the hat.

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
I've been busy getting completely sucked into New Vegas - Old World Blues , so here's some stuffs:

tooterfish posted:

The game's already a resounding success you loving moron.

What we're debating is if it'll be any good.

Edit: does that sound a bit harsh? It sounded less harsh in my head. Still, you did pay to join a comedy forum to evangelise a computer game...

ALL HAIL CHRIS ROBERTS AND THE GLORIOUS STAR CITIZEN, and stuff.

Broccoli Cat posted:

I thought "you loving moron" was a goon term of endearment.

hm. Well, this changes things, I guess.

I personally felt the warm glow of his endearment all over my face.

Jonny Nox posted:

There's a difference between commercial and critical success. Anyway the presell was commercially successful. The game is up in the air for both

Exactly, but I really wasn't thinking about it that hard, I just want to see the reactions from the people who post on TheMittani.com .

tooterfish posted:

Is anyone really hoping it'll be bad?
If I post between talking to my idiot mates, I sometimes forget to switch style.

You're not really friends with someone until you can comfortably call them a loving moron. If you don't know that then I don't know what to say really.

SC_Druggie, I apologise for calling you a loving moron.

Apology... accepted?

Xaerael posted:

At this point I'm pretty sure SC_Druggie is an alt account, because no one that understands how a credit card works can be this idiotic.

Hes on to me!!

Barnsy posted:

Wtf is with people and the need to have a pimp ship? Am I the only one that just wants more/bigger guns?

Is this just so spergs can relive their fantasies?

I've always wanted pretty much exactly the 890J ... It just screams... "I don't loving know how to play this game, but drat do I do it in style".

Reclaimer posted:

Widestancer and SC_Druggie are the only posters worth reading in this thread, hth.

That is really sad if true.

Courthouse posted:

Wingman confirms he's leaving the company. The reasons are a lot less exciting than the conspiracy theories. :I

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/197558/dateline-wingman-update/p1

*sadface* I will forever miss Wingman's Hangar, honestly. Don't even bother loving watching Ben and Sandi, bores the crap out of me.

SC_Druggie fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 5, 2014

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Reclaimer posted:

You, uh, you get that FLJK has an offsite hugbox echochamber, so the only people posting here are j4gs on one side and trolls on the other, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_4OfD-wmGs&t=96s

Who?

No i have no idea what your talking about, I just picked the largest SC thread to post in.

*edit*

ahhh, had to google it .. the goonrathi and join for guilds.. got it. Is there a better SA SC thread?

SC_Druggie fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Sappo569 posted:

They also took all the money with them... bye!

Your level of cynicism is impressively bad. Quick, get this man a fan made trailer, STAT!

... CLEAR ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2EN8GJGfUU

SC_Druggie fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Nov 5, 2014

• Locked thread