Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
---
This poll is closed.
Go Heat! 96 28.15%
Go Spurs! 245 71.85%
Total: 341 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Rockets declined to pick up Chandler Parsons player option. I think they will match any offer bar a Knicks f u type deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

morestuff posted:

Kind of random, but I'd never really watched footage of high-school LeBron before. Holy crap

drat Lebron's HS teammates were all pretty huge too

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Parlett316 posted:

Rockets declined to pick up Chandler Parsons player option. I think they will match any offer bar a Knicks f u type deal.

Someone should give him a poison pill deal just to poo poo on Morey

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Parlett316 posted:

I bet they match the max which is 5/5/15. If Parsons was a first round pick he would probably be looking at 40m/4 years or something similar.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
They can't give him an Asik/Lin type deal because he's been in the league three years.

That said, someone will definitely offer him a fuckload of money. He's a wing who can dribble and chew gum at the same time, cf. Nicolas Batum and Tyreke Evans.

They declined the option because it makes him a restricted free agent rather than an unrestricted free agent next year. I'd take it as an indication they will match pretty much anything.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 4, 2014

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The funniest place for Parsons to sign would be the Lakers.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

attackmole posted:

Speaking of nerd poo poo, here's an incredible simulation of what happens if the draft classes for the next 20 years are filled with only 5'3" people who can't play basketball.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/6/3/5772796/nba-y2k-series-finale-the-death-of-basketball

All of the nbadraft.net player comparisons would be Muggsy, Tiny Archibald, Iverson, Tyronn Lue, or Nate Robinson.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Also, his agent is Dan Fegan, who got Martell Webster $21m. I'm scared guys.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Iverson was well over six feet.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 4, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

chunkles posted:

Swindling Ernie Grunfield isn't a pro agent accomplishment, have hope

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

chunkles posted:

PARSONS TO THE WIZARDS

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Rick posted:

Or you mean the best place ever. Imagine Parsons and Swaggy P trolling downtown LA for ladies :allears:

and I guess also something about basketball or w/e

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Parlett316 posted:

There's speculation that this move was designed to allow a sign and trade in the event the Rockets go after Melo.

If Lin were included in a deal for Melo, I'd die laughing.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Lin-Shumpert-Parsons-KMart-Chandler starting lineup.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is Howard still a guy who can take a team to the Finals.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

Iverson was well over six feet.

I disagree

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm nba 6'3" and when I met him he seemed as tall as me I don't know. He's at least nba 6'1".

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

big boi posted:

Lin-Shumpert-Parsons-KMart-Chandler starting lineup.

hitze posted:

PARSONS TO THE WIZARDS

Rick posted:

Noooooooo :cripes:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

hitze posted:

PARSONS TO THE WIZARDS

Sorry but he's going to the Heat. Make it happen Riley.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

I'm nba 6'3" and when I met him he seemed as tall as me I don't know. He's at least nba 6'1".

Barkley chat has become Iverson chat. I was recalling the shortest players I know off the top of my head :shrug: and it's probably a bit appropriate that a nbadraft.net comparison would use a player 9-10 inches taller.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

Well he measured 6'0 at the combine and when I met him we we seemed pretty much the same height and I'm 6'0. If he's not 6'0 he's right around there and also I have no idea what nba 6'3 means

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Man I don't know

Nba 6 3 mean s 6 1 in shoes

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

Is Howard still a guy who can take a team to the Finals.

He was good this year, but he was just like a better version of Asik, rather than prime Howard. Their defensive efficiency was 12th, up from 16th last year.

Probably not. Back injuries are killer, and athleticism fades over time.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

Swindling Ernie Grunfield isn't a pro agent accomplishment, have hope

He probably whipped out that Goldsberry chart that showed his corner 3 percentage of 55% and Ernie fainted and woke up having already signed the check.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Harden playing above-average defense might make the Rockets a real contender.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Tae posted:

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Tae posted:

There is a better chance for the cavs to get next 2 number one overall picks than for that to happen

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

euphronius posted:

Man I don't know

Nba 6 3 mean s 6 1 in shoes

Barkley was 6'3".

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

I remember him being an alright defender in college. He's not quick or long enough to be special in the NBA, but he could at least try. I understand that he's tired from running endlessly on offense, but maybe if he lost some of that belly fat he could at least play defense on big possessions.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The Rockets have been paying Parsons a criminally low amount of money the last few years (which they are entitled to do under his rookie contract obviously), but poo poo man if there's anyone that deserved to get paid it's him. He's probably been the best production/pay ratio player in the league unless there's someone on the extremely low or high end I'm forgetting.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
wait so does this mean that Muggsy was like 4'10 I'm confused

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Libertine posted:

The Rockets have been paying Parsons a criminally low amount of money the last few years (which they are entitled to do under his rookie contract obviously), but poo poo man if there's anyone that deserved to get paid it's him. He's probably been the best production/pay ratio player in the league unless there's someone on the extremely low or high end I'm forgetting.

It's basically him and Isaiah Thomas

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Doltos posted:

drat Lebron's HS teammates were all pretty huge too

Yeah the point of HS videos is supposed to be kids with adult professional athlete bodies blowing away kids who haven't had a growth spurt yet, like 50 seconds in here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLsK-ZoL9sY

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The Asian Oprah posted:

Yeah the point of HS videos is supposed to be kids with adult professional athlete bodies blowing away kids who haven't had a growth spurt yet, like 50 seconds in here:
If you want an even better one, look up high school footage of UC Irvine player Mamadou N'Diaye, who was 7'5" & 280 pounds his senior year of high school.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
If you wanna see a real poo poo contract for a player, look at Curry'. Poor guy. It should be illegal to pay him so little.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Blast Fantasto posted:

all-time X-men team

PG: Wolverine (he can play for a full 48 minutes each game, undersized)
SG: Nightcrawler (can get to the basket from anywhere)
SF: Quicksilver (speedy, adept at cutting in to passing lanes)
PF: Gambit (lengthy, excellent distributor. High energy)
C: Colossus (won't back down in the post)

Bench: Longshot (clutch)

Coach: Magneto (he goes for the win)

gently caress Cyclops.

You really need to find someone better than Gambit. Nobody ever takes his assists.

This thread has hit a fresh low.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Inudeku posted:

If you wanna see a real poo poo contract for a player, look at Curry'. Poor guy. It should be illegal to pay him so little.

People on this forum called that contract an overpay when it happened, though to be fair it was because a lot of people didn't think he could play more than 50 games a year.

WEREWAIF posted:

He was good this year, but he was just like a better version of Asik, rather than prime Howard. Their defensive efficiency was 12th, up from 16th last year.

Probably not. Back injuries are killer, and athleticism fades over time.

If the Wolves offered Love for Howard straight up, would Hou do it?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

old dog child posted:

Or you mean the best place ever. Imagine Parsons and Swaggy P trolling downtown LA for ladies :allears:

and I guess also something about basketball or w/e

Doesnt Swaggy have Iggy? Why does he need to troll for ladies?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Asian Oprah posted:

Yeah I was just saying that Lebron seemed to have dudes who were as tall with as good of hops as him. I wonder what ever happened to the #24 he played with since that kid looked good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Lockback posted:

People on this forum called that contract an overpay when it happened, though to be fair it was because a lot of people didn't think he could play more than 50 games a year.

If the Wolves offered Love for Howard straight up, would Hou do it?

I would because you could keep Asik at the 5 and not lose very much on defense but the offense would be even more efficient. Unless there is some sort of asymptote offensively they are nearing but I have a feeling they aren't.

• Locked thread