Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm sad that the band/multiple performer options for songs don't have multiple people singing in them. At least in the ones I have so far.

Opera and Ballad does, and they rule.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

FutonForensic posted:

Also, friends who know the two BFFs will try and hook them up.

The video of that happening is pretty great.

Rise hooked up my surrogate with Sailor Jupiter, makes sense since they were the three I made in the demo. And then Rise wanted to confess her love to surrogate me a few days later. So maybe she just forgot that she hooked me up with somebody else already.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Yeah, I feel like the reason Player Look-a-Likes tend to get popular is because they're the first one, so they get the most chances to meet everyone. Like real life, a large part of falling in love in Tomodachi Life is just proximity.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I got my first marriage today, DIO and Chun-Li. They were the first characters I put in, and they're at the top of the "pet character" list. I think there is definitely an advantage to being the first people put into the game.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
So someone brought it up before but either how they feel about the kinds of clothing is based on their personality or it's just plain random cuz I've got a Mii with the "Outgoing Entertainer" personality who loved the short-shorts and knotted top I just gave him.

I wonder if the foods they like and dislike work the same way.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
DEAR GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE!?

For such a simple game, I am having way too much fun with this.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

I got my first marriage today, DIO and Chun-Li. They were the first characters I put in, and they're at the top of the "pet character" list. I think there is definitely an advantage to being the first people put into the game.

Mine was Bill Trinen and Cersei Lannister, while they weren't the first, they were among the earliest.

Speaking of Lannisters...

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
In case you're curious, beating Tomodachi Quest nets you whatever item the boss was. I've only played it twice, but I imagine it will either be an expensive treasure or a type of food you don't have yet. Pretty worth it, I'd say.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Rocketlex posted:

DEAR GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE!?

For such a simple game, I am having way too much fun with this.

Rocketlex finish the story.

I kid, I kid. In all seriousness, nice Mii! Should spread the QR code around too: after all, we just saw her and didn't turn off our computers.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Rocketlex posted:

In case you're curious, beating Tomodachi Quest nets you whatever item the boss was. I've only played it twice, but I imagine it will either be an expensive treasure or a type of food you don't have yet. Pretty worth it, I'd say.

I unlocked the amusement park and cafe and stuff a while ago, is the event for Tomodachi Quest something that just randomly happens or can I trigger it?

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

The Bee posted:

Rocketlex finish the story.

I kid, I kid. In all seriousness, nice Mii! Should spread the QR code around too: after all, we just saw her and didn't turn off our computers.

You can't really make a faceless mii (not well, anyway) so I had to get a bit creative.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

mabels big day posted:

I unlocked the amusement park and cafe and stuff a while ago, is the event for Tomodachi Quest something that just randomly happens or can I trigger it?

It's an event with a set time. You can check the schedule at the amusement park.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Well maybe that's because you're not a Psychic-type, Bellsprout. Duh. :rolleyes:

I'm loving this. Solid Snake fell in love with Sailor Moon but got shot down hard, so he hooked her up with Luigi, instead, which went a lot better. I already have like 40 villagers on Magicant Island but I keep feeling the compulsion to add more. Also, is there a shop or something that unlocks eventually so you can buy things like disposable cameras and that kind of junk? It gets kind of annoying running out because my residents want to give me like half a million cold medicines but no bath sets.

Also, here's two more Move-In demo codes, since I ended up buying this after all. Have fun, guys. e: All gone now!

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 9, 2014

Unoriginal
May 12, 2001

Someone Awful! posted:

A04SMTKH0JC9UT1W

Thanks!

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Someone Awful! posted:

A04P4W302RLAR38B

Grabbed this one, thanks.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Duets are just as wonderful as I hoped they could be! :allears: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYyRLj4zBOk

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Duets are just as wonderful as I hoped they could be! :allears: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYyRLj4zBOk

Hahahaha

Ballads are the best to put real lyrics to

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

I have witnessed the reason this game was created.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
Neil Patrick Harris was stuck in a pickle jar today and it made the news. Luckily, he made it out okay along with the gherkins. When asked for her opinion, Buffy said that "her body was ready" (?). I laughed.

Can we all just make this thread about what happened to our Miis? That would be great. I love this game. I can think of many worse ways to spend $35.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Where does everyone get their miis from? I mean, I can make my own characters up but I'm no good at recreating existing characters, like making zoidbergs or buffys.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Ignimbrite posted:

Where does everyone get their miis from? I mean, I can make my own characters up but I'm no good at recreating existing characters, like making zoidbergs or buffys.

There's a bunch here:
http://www.miicharacters.com/

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Ignimbrite posted:

I literally just think of things that I like, and if I can't find a very good mii substitute (miicharacters has like no anime characters) I make my own and they're probably terrible.

In my game, not counting my self-insert I have the inner Sailor Senshi, Yu Narukami & Rise Kujikawa, Shinji Ikari and Asuka, and Lelouch.

I plan on adding a few more when I get home.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Do not I repeat do not use the Ryu from the Mii Maker site posted his forehead talks.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I want to live in a town that has a regularly scheduled rap battle every night.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I've gotten my miis from either miicharacters.com or just searching "[character name] mii" on google. The only one I've wanted that I couldn't find was Armstrong so I made him myself.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Duke Nukem and Tyrion Lannister are best friends I love this game.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
I finally unlocked the amusement park, where I played Tomodachi Quest and fought a giant crab that could spew fire. My only concern is that the fun stuff to do will run out after, say, two weeks or so. Has anyone time traveled to see if daily events ever change (i.e. Rap Battles at the fountain, etc)?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
If you're looking for an anime character or Japanese person, you can always look up their name in Japanese and Google that with "mii" after it. That's how I found Detective Conan and Ichiro.

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 9, 2014

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I make all of my Miis.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I literally just think of things that I like, and if I can't find a very good mii substitute (miicharacters has like no anime characters) I make my own and they're probably terrible.

In my game, not counting my self-insert I have the inner Sailor Senshi, Yu Narukami & Rise Kujikawa, Shinji Ikari and Asuka, and Lelouch.

I plan on adding a few more when I get home.

I put a bunch of Evangelion characters on my island (anime characters are easy to Mii-ify, okay) and then this happened:

This game, I swear.

As far as Miis, I make most of them myself if they're video game or cartoon characters or whatever. Real people are a lot more complicated so I'll usually google for one (or look on that mii characters webpage people linked). I'm slowly making a bunch of Final Fantasy people, they're turning out pretty good.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Does the "child" toggle do anything other than forbid characters from dating? Am I missing hilarious cliche anime highschool shenanigans by only having adults?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Does the "child" toggle do anything other than forbid characters from dating? Am I missing hilarious cliche anime highschool shenanigans by only having adults?

I have two children on my island and so far they have basically acted exactly like the adults with nothing special to them.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
What triggers the apartment expansion to 48 rooms? I thought it was because I reached halfway in the apartments, but I have a friend who's nearly full and is still at 24.

I did receive a streetpass, so I'm assuming that might have something to do with it!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Fancy Hat! posted:

What triggers the apartment expansion to 48 rooms? I thought it was because I reached halfway in the apartments, but I have a friend who's nearly full and is still at 24.

I did receive a streetpass, so I'm assuming that might have something to do with it!

Mine's just expanded automatically every time I get close to filling it. :shrug:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Countblanc posted:

A child cannot date an adult, but children can date other children.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
It's worth having one child just to use the adultify spray once. It's amazing.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

TEHJOE posted:

It's worth having one child just to use the adultify spray once. It's amazing.

So is the Kid-o-Matic, its counterpart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man when Mii's get pissed it plays some pretty good music, and not talking about the steam from the head angry, the "I'm on fire" angry.

• Locked thread