Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

hailthefish posted:

Someone in the season one thread read it. Apparently it's kind of crap, in that at any point in the show where something interesting or exciting happens, it's a departure from the book.

I have read it and it is pretty much exactly this.

Her friends send her a lot of books and people tease her about her books and everything is a feel good story with light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes she talks about how she deserved it for doing that one thing she did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

One thing this show needs is a catchup before ep 1 (or a 10 minute separate episode 0 or something). I watched the first season in pretty much 2 or 3 days when it first came out, and apart from the Pensyltucky incident I can't remember poo poo about what happened.

I had one when I was watching it in chrome, but not on my ps3 :iiam:

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Suzanne is so :3:

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Flaca > Maritza

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

is there any character that doesn't have their backstory reveal why they went to prison? because poussey's didn't. maybe that will get revealed later on? (extremely minor ep6 spoilers).

I'm only on E5 but Suzanne's didn't?

cheese sandwich fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 7, 2014

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Is there a gif of Maritza mouthing puta at Daya from earlyish S1?

Also holy crap Vee is hateable

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I enjoy the intro song for this show but I am so so so happy that netflix skips it when you're watching consecutive episodes now

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

surf rock posted:

- Vee somehow managed to ruin Taystee's character, too. I feel like the black characters sort of got shafted this season so far. They're getting more screentime, but holy poo poo, just an avalanche of unlikeable characterization. "Black Cindy" loving sucks. Where'd Janae go? Poussey's been great, though.

She got put in SHU for contraband when they found the tampon cigs.

Towards the end of the season when they were making their hunger strike demands re:SHU I remember Caputo kind of laughing it off and being like lol you serious that girls in SHU every other month she's coming out soon anyway so no big, but I think we've already gotten the whole feel good Janae getting out of SHU moment in S1 so it's not shocking that they wouldn't revisit and just have her rejoin general pop whenever it's relevant again.

Agreeing that Black Cindy is awful, I also felt like Suzanne felt like a big caricature of herself in S1. She was much more real and subtle last season she just felt like a big goof this time around when she wasn't acting like a goon. Throwing cake? at Piper felt pretty out of character for her too, especially when she was supposed to be feeling bad for beating her up.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

computer parts posted:

Most of the black non-white characters iirc.

Ftfy

To include latinas not because I find blacks offensive

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Bown posted:

I think it's less a copout and more to do with Prepon not being available during most of the season 2 shooting.

I thought that she was almost out because Scientology told her she shouldn't show boobies on television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

ElGroucho posted:

I just want to watch the continued adventures of Maritza and Flaca, also gently caress Black Cindy and BigBoo

Want to emptyquote this forever

• Locked thread