Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

rcman50166 posted:

i had it in a reduced resolution on my Flickr specifically for the reason for sharing it here. When people started to rehost it is when I started having issue with it. Also, it was pissing off twee as gently caress and we know what happened to him. I leave most of them up because of the photoshop thread and wanting to keep it all intact in the goldmine. I still delete duplicate instances every now and then.

What is it like to be so full of yourself and poo poo that oh gently caress it you're fat shut the gently caress up go away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

hey its a kids show thread i better pop in and explain why i like it and defend my fat self from internet ridicule

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Look what that slick shit bought ya
A first class ticket to Lucifer, real name Christopher

rcman50166 posted:

I'm a human being. I'm gaaaaaaaaaay! Also I threaten legal action to preserve the integrity of certain threads on SA, lol.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
:qq: a bloo bloo bloo :qq:

i eagerly await the spamming of the pictures to try and get me mad

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Look what that slick shit bought ya
A first class ticket to Lucifer, real name Christopher

rcman50166 posted:

Nobody cares, dog.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Cold and Ugly posted:

Nobody cares, dog.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

rcman50166 posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

6 hour probo for being the worst poster of 2014 is not enough.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
But why would you tuck your shirt into your jorts

you're already wearing jorts, bro, why do yourself a further disservice

gently caress, plus you're tubbyfat so tucking in the shirt just draws attention to that gut

im excusing the hat b/c it's just too normal now for schlubby nerds to don some dumbass hat

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

its almost as if the picture is intentionally bad

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The more rcman posts a thread has, the worse it gets.

As for AT, I watched it stoned as gently caress one day, which I thought was the way you were supposed to watch it, and it really seemed more like a late 90's Cartoon Network show like Ed, Edd and Eddy or Cow and Chicken. I don't get the 'deep' bits outside of loving nerds/autists trying to claim it as something more. Even my brother spent 30 minutes trying to tell me how it's a coming of age story or whatever, and I just wasn't having it.

e: I mean for what it is it's entertaining, but I don't think it's much more than a kids cartoon with the irony meter dialed up a bit.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
most of the time its just goofy random weirdness with some adult humor. ever once in a while they pepper it with a few "deep" episodes that make you say "this is for kids?" but yes it is for kids

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
tbh kids aren't that dumb and can grasp a lot of 'adult themes'

really, a kid's only as dumb as you treat them

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

haha good poo poo

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Thought I'd see what the fuss was about so I looked at a random article on the AT wiki

Some bullshit on the AT wiki posted:

Appearance

Marceline has light blue-gray skin and long, midnight black hair that reaches to her feet. She also sports two marks on her neck, which are presumably the marks of the bite that turned her into a vampire. Her main outfit features a dark grey tank top, dark blue pants and red boots. Despite being over a thousand years old, her appearance and personality is that of a 18 to 20 year old. In the episode "Go With Me," her hair is shaved into an undercut, which reveals that she has pointy ears. She is very thin and sometimes appears to be thinner than Princess Bubblegum; however, her shape can vary slightly depending on who is drawing her.[1][2] She is usually floating in the air but when she stands next to the other main characters she is taller than them; however in "I Remember You," she was just at Ice King's size (or slightly shorter). In most of her transformations, she is shown to have green eyes. Her looks are more likely as a result of her half-demon heritage than her "vampirism."

Clothes

Marceline wears different outfits in most of her episode appearances. Her style seems to be punk rock, or grunge with colors normally red, black, grey, and other dull colors.

Powers and abilities

Levitation: She has the ability to float and even to fly with careful control and rapid speed. She can even sleep while floating, as shown in "Marceline's Closet."
Pyrokinesis: She can light fire with only her mind, as seen in "Evicted!" when she lit up all the candles in the tree-house.
Telekinesis: She can move things using her mind, as shown in "Evicted!" and "Daddy's Little Monster."
Invisibility: She can turn invisible, as seen in "Heat Signature," "Bad Little Boy," and "Red Starved."
Necromancy: She can raise the dead, as seen in "Henchman."
Rapid healing: She appears to heal quickly from injuries, at least damage from sunlight, as shown once she was returned to the shade in "Henchman."
Shape-shifting: She has the ability to shape-shift into numerous monstrous forms, including a bat, a wolf, a reptilian creature, and a large tentacled monster. She appears to be able to preserve her clothing, even after changing into large forms that would cause it to break: in many appearances, the clothing disappears until she returns to her humanoid form, whereas in "Sky Witch," she performs numerous transformations while still wearing her outfit.
Eating shades of red: Unlike traditional vampires, Marceline is capable of sustaining herself on "shades of red," such as the color in strawberries, rather than being limited to surviving on blood. She has claimed in her first appearance in "Evicted!" to "sometimes" consume blood, but this has never been proved or referenced again. According to the note she left on her door in "Marceline's Closet," she gets lucid dreams when she eats tomatoes.
Marceline additionally seems to have control of how her long hair moves.

When she wears the Nightosphere amulet, she gains the ability to shoot green lasers which either vaporize or transform whatever they hit. She can also create or transform into a large cloud of blood mist with the ability to shoot green lasers. In addition to these things, she also gains the ability to devour souls.

Abilities
Bass player: She is an expert bass player.
Singer: She is a proficient singer.
Basketball player: She can play basketball and perform a slam dunk without floating.

This reads like a description of the worst character from the worst fanfic written by the worst girl in the world.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

first time i watched it was on shrooms and it was really weird seeing a dog stretch around. i think if i saw him lose his arm on shrooms it would have been really unpleasant.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

fanwikis are bad

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
It's clearly not a deep show.

Just sometimes it gets super weird or creepy and you start wondering if the writers are doing psychedelics or something.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

If you own clothing that has a cartoon character on it you should probably think of sterilizing yourself for the good of the world. Is it really hard to own adult clothes?

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

gbs is slowly turning into lowercase adtrw, every other post is about some lovely cartoon show

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

first time i watched it was on shrooms and it was really weird seeing a dog stretch around. i think if i saw him lose his arm on shrooms it would have been really unpleasant.

No need for hallucinogens. He lost it in some crystal dimension then his grass sword/ bracelet thing turned into a hulk arm of grass and then severed his real because...

Well maybe you do need hallucinogens.

Cthulu Carl fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 6, 2014

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

At an early showing for edge of tomorrow. Can't make new threads w/ awfulapp so I'm repurposing this thread

i dont care about the cartoon but i saw this flick last night and it was really surprisingly good. i got some real starship troopers vibes and it was overall a great fun watch

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Say Nothing posted:

That was such a great thread.

Someone post this Shining 'shop without these dumb gay words around it if you have it, tia

edit: nevermind found it

Fake James fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 6, 2014

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Dr. Lenin posted:

Someone post this Shining 'shop without these dumb gay words around it if you have it, tia

edit: nevermind found it

if i was his dad i would want to kill him too

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I'm getting buffed so I can be a jake suit for Halloween

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

illestG
Oct 8, 2009

i'm a buff baby that can dance like a man

naem
May 29, 2011

This sums up my thoughts on adventure time p well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sz5-4xPWqo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

pogue23
Aug 15, 2002

Son, I am disappoint.
I can shake-a my fanny, I can shake-a my can!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Anybody who doesn't like Adventure Time is a homophobe. Because Marceline and PB are gay.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's clearly not a deep show.

its deep for a kids show but some legal adults confuse being a mental child with being an actual child

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Adventure Time is better than most anime so there's that.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

The Whole Internet posted:

Adventure Time is better than most anime so there's that.

a mediocrity is better than most of everything, because most of everything is poo poo. don't set that bar too high, champ

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

AT is pretty good. Much like any pretty good show that's a step above it's competitors it tends to invite weirdos and people who read way too much into it.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

DrManiac posted:

AT is pretty good. Much like any pretty good show that's a step above it's competitors it tends to invite weirdos and people who read way too much into it.

Speaking of...

Majorian posted:

Anybody who doesn't like Adventure Time is a homophobe. Because Marceline and PB are gay.

I got a probation from AATREK for trolling an Adventure time thread over this

Fat Ogre posted:

Why does everything have to have a gay or sexual subtext? PB and Marceline are secretly gay, just like Bert and Ernie!

Couldn't it just be that they are friends? Did none of you have a picture of your friend in your locker or room? Are you all that goony? poo poo I've seen people smell their own farts and make a smile like PB does, and I don't automatically assume it is secret anal sex subtext. People do stupid silly stuff, especially in a kid show.

If Jake didn't have Lady, Goons would say he was gay for Finn. Or if Finn didn't really talk about girls and instead did more dungeon crawls etc I guarantee that Goons would pop up screaming about the gay subtext between Jake and Finn.

Hell people talking about how BMO is secretly trans, after calling itself Football and Peee-ing. It couldn't just be a robot playing or having fun, it has to be sexualized, like every other cartoon character for some loving reason.

Princess cookie, was even worse. A loving cookie is as asexual as BMO, which is why it can't be a princess, or for that matter a prince. It even had pieces of asexual chocloate jump out of its body and run around scouting, yet no, it is obvious transsexual subtext going on with this cookie. Because as we all know transexuals have chocolate chunks in them.

I am seriously not surprised we haven't had a multi-page derail about Bufo being subtext of swallowing ejaculate gives you magic powers or some other equally goony sexualized silliness.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
pb and the vampire queen are obviously gay and thats alright because gay is cool now

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
i like it when people say its a kids show. they just havent seen enough of it. its just supposed to sorta seem like one i guess

immature as gently caress though, of course

PRINCESS BUBBLEGUM IS MY JAM SCHWING BONNER

bmo makes me laugh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEDVop64UmM

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvLMQ-taBPk

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ignoarints posted:

i like it when people say its a kids show. they just havent seen enough of it. its just supposed to sorta seem like one i guess

immature as gently caress though, of course

PRINCESS BUBBLEGUM IS MY JAM SCHWING BONNER

bmo makes me laugh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEDVop64UmM

it's a kid show. it's just a really good (for the most part, although i'm bored of it's "mythology". )kids show.

if you're gonna like a kid show, loving own up to liking a kid show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
not one of those clips were amusing. gently caress you

• Locked thread