Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

High King Internet of Internet
Hey fellow goons, I'm thinking of playing Mario for the first time and I wondered if anyone had any tips or tricks? Are there any hard bosses? Maybe a cheat code? Thanks in advance :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
get super mario 63 it is very good imo

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.
Jump.

Molog
Mar 4, 2004
Title text
Here you can play supermario bros with a gun: http://www.explodingrabbit.com/games/super-mario-bros-crossover

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
run right

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH
there are times when you'll encounter what the game refers to as an enemy, utilize the provided controller to avoid and dispatch said enemies

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

never let go of right and B

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
Here's something I wish someone had told me when I was 7 years old, instead of reading it on an internet forum in my 20s: if you hold B Mario runs. This allows you to jump further.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
you can talk to a real game counselor on the nintendo power hotline for only 99 cents a min, probably get better tips than we have

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Bolian Blues posted:

Here's something I wish someone had told me when I was 7 years old, instead of reading it on an internet forum in my 20s: if you hold B Mario runs. This allows you to jump further.

You probably have difficulty learning new things.

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH
furthur advice: there are some pipes you can go down, refer to the super mario bros game pak instruction booklet for tips on how to execute the required manuvers

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

call the nintendo hotline, ask your parents for permission

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Very carefully

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Kill your parents

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Mario glorified the plumbing profession, messed up but true

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Mario glorified the plumbing profession, messed up but true

Not true. He showed us how brutal it is.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Chris Awful posted:

Not true. He showed us how brutal it is.

the real brutality is clearing rotten poo poo from 40 yo pipes, where's that in mario???

TheBlackPharaoh
May 8, 2007

the real brutality is clearing rotten poo poo from 40 yo pipes, where's that in mario???

Super mario sunshine

TheBlackPharaoh
May 8, 2007
Op dont be afraid to explore the levels by going down pipes and falling down holes, fall down the right hole in the armadillo level and dr light will give you the haduken from mortal kombat

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

TheBlackPharaoh posted:

Super mario sunshine

never played it but it sounds extra japanese

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
I hear the Konami Code works for this game

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

gotta go fast

something9999
Oct 7, 2013
that game is too hard

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

warp zone is for pussies

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
Are you prepared to commit turtle genocide? You monster.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

get one mushroom to become big, get a second mushroom to earn a second, smaller man

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if there's one thing i've learned about the marios over the years, it's this: master the landing momentum before you start a let's play where you play through every single mario game you can get your hands on

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Watch the movie instead.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Slender man

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

quakster posted:

if there's one thing i've learned about the marios over the years, it's this: master the landing momentum before you start a let's play where you play through every single mario game you can get your hands on

To expand: Train your voice. More shrill = more comments likes and subs

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
if you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
jump on the goombas. loving Italians!

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
the goal is to find these turtle hybrid men then kidnapp them then take them to a room all covered in plastic and strap them in plastic wrap then you show them photos of all the goonbas they murdered then you stab stem then you dismember them and throw the pieces off your boat into the ocean. also make sure your sister never catches you

they made a pretty popular tv show about it, it's called "the dating game"

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

real advice: the controller has an accelerometer in it so when you jump you need to move the controller in the direction of the jump and up. This will lengthen your jump distance.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

real advice: the controller has an accelerometer in it so when you jump you need to move the controller in the direction of the jump and up. This will lengthen your jump distance.

the truth is stranger than fiction.

Enid Coleslaw
May 17, 2011

by Ion Helmet
nothing is true, everything is permitted, on earth there is no reckoning, and they called the third xbox the xbox one

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
the most pointless game ever, all those coins and no place to spend them wtf

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
If you run out of lives, hold down the A button while pressing start twice to continue in the same world you died in.

(Not the exact same area, if you do this in 6-3, for example, you will start over in 6-1, but better than starting off from scratch)

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
dont die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
this video shows you to play well at super mario bros at a steady, effective pace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rij_1IJLkfY

• Locked thread