Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
The best thing to get at subway is the Subway Melt. Subway isn't very good but a subway melt is at least passable if you have to go there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

I would like to point something out:

I liked Wall-E. Great movie.

Here is where it all fell apart: No motherfucker would stay on those ships or even on earth the moment there was warp-drive. The Profit-motive of a capatalistic economy would take over. The ship hyper-drives back to earth from the other side of the goddamn galaxy in like, half a minute.

If earth figured that poo poo out, you better believe that we would be sticking our cock into every planet galaxy wide for nothing other than the sheer satisfaction of it.

I liked what they tried to do, but a ship slow-boating to earth, full of corpses arriving at a dead planet would have been a better ending. Skeletons piled against the exit doors with small scratches in the advanced armor plating.

The last skeletons alive (the ones with the densest bones) scratched out "we lived".

Wall-E sits there, broken, waiting for spare parts. Eve waiting, impatiently, as the ship approaches earth for a half-millennia. She exits the corpse-mess only to find the dead world, with her dead friends.

I think that would have been a better ending.

They'd be happier as skeletons. Everyone likes being a skeleton. Once you get over the spook

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

A capitalist market rewards companies to deal with the environmental problems because the citizens will demand it. As we see today, the green movement is rewarding companies with higher profit margins for providing environmentally sound products.

While I think that movie was preachy (but cute), this post is the funniest thing

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Companies: Oh we'll be subsidized and get a ton of marketing and some goodwill on our sheets for being 'green'? Ok, we'll pretend to be green and pay off some officials. The system twerks

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Guys this hybrid car that costs more in fossil fuels to produce over a small sedan then it'll ever save on gas is another examp

• Locked thread