Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What team will prevail?
Team Kurd
Team Terrorist
Team Iraq
Team Obama
Team Putin
Team Goku
Team This Thread Sucks
View Results

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
bush admin foreign policy was written & handled entirely by the kind of guys who be all like "I'll make the website!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

AFRICOM needs its first major war. i vote we gently caress up nigeria even more than it already is hosed up

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

i mean yeah on one hand, we could do all that. but on the other we couldnt even stick a pfc with a gun in front of the baghdad history museum to make sure people didnt walk off with the oldest poo poo known to man.

the US military was understaffed for a real occupation due to the shock and awe strategy.

Was pretty much focused on defeating Iraq's conventional military with minimal use of resources while not thinking so much about the aftermath.

Also experience from past unconventional wars showed that you need a big numbers advantage over insurgents since they have the home court and initiative advantage

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

if i was president i would bomb third world countries a lot. like more than we already do. that sounds really fun

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

THS posted:

AFRICOM needs its first major war. i vote we gently caress up nigeria even more than it already is hosed up

sounds good

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwFaSpca_3Q

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Parallax Scroll posted:

if i was president i would bomb third world countries a lot. like more than we already do. that sounds really fun

Ah, the morning briefing. What poo poo hole country are we bombing today? Yemen? Excellent.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

etalian posted:

the US military was understaffed for a real occupation due to the shock and awe strategy.

Was pretty much focused on defeating Iraq's conventional military with minimal use of resources while not thinking so much about the aftermath.

Also experience from past unconventional wars showed that you need a big numbers advantage over insurgents since they have the home court and initiative advantage

thanks, rummy. thummy.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Iraq war owned since it was good litmus test whether a journalist had balls or if they would happily harp the administration's talking points after coming down with a bad case of war fever like Christopher Hitchens.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

etalian posted:

Iraq war owned since it was good litmus test whether a journalist had balls or if they would happily harp the administration's talking points after coming down with a bad case of war fever like Christopher Hitchens.

Geraldo: Embedded

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I'll make the new theme song. I'm thinking dub step

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

liberal democracies are not the result of historical processes, a long and arduous road of development without shortcuts - but rather, something that springs up spontaneusly from a grateful people once the smoke clears

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

it owned when we blew up the house saddam's sons were in

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

etalian posted:

yea its at that point chris hedges became cool and hitchens became the pussy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So drat Insane

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

redshirt posted:

Geraldo: Embedded

the real tragedy is how Geraldo didn't get embedded in a concrete wall after getting blasted by a 500 pound IED.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
little known fact that bob evans franchises spring up naturally from bomb craters

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

geraldo is a traitor

FishTaco
May 28, 2014
The absolutely only satisfying and beneficial part of the Iraq War was that it outed Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi as a true footlong knob, and allowed us to 500 Lb bomb his compound and gently caress his fat rear end up.

And some of his women.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i realize this thread is a left wing circlejerk but seeing iraq fall into utter chaos yet again feels so good and i like to think we deserve this. sometimes you gotta treat yourself, get a pedicure, buy a new handbag, gloat over the abject failure of neoconservatism - be good to yourself

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Can we bomb non browns this go around?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
what was the name of that guy that somehow convinced the CIA he was some kind of iraqi figurehead-in-exile and soaked them for millions of dollars before they realized that he was actually a creep who would only unify the country inasmuch as everyone would be cheering after a militia set him on fire in the street

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Darth123123 posted:

missed our chance in ukraine

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

paranoid randroid posted:

what was the name of that guy that somehow convinced the CIA he was some kind of iraqi figurehead-in-exile and soaked them for millions of dollars before they realized that he was actually a creep who would only unify the country inasmuch as everyone would be cheering after a militia set him on fire in the street

hahahaha chalabi holy poo poo i forgot about that guy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

THS posted:

Gosh I wonder what boards Chalabi is on today....

Also, can't wait for the next generation of war reporting babes.

This is Foxy Anderson, reporting live from Tikrit....

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Darth123123 posted:

why, that's stupid

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

THS posted:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

second best con artist of the 21st century after obama

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

THS posted:

second best con artist of the 21st century after obama

this is a good con man story:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/shortcuts/2014/jun/09/fake-bomb-detectors-british-conman-pakistan-karachi-airport

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I'm rooting for the Kurds. I'm down with Kurdistan.

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!
The bombing drops of presents full of C4 and/or ecstasy pills is a go. Secondary drops of binkies and bullets may be required.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
back 2 back iraqi war champs

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

"Four years ago, I promised to end the Iraq war. I did," Obama said in his speech at the 2012 Democratic National Convention.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i, barack obama, will not rest until every iraqi has been condensed into a single brick which will then be used to form the cornerstone of my presidential library..

ayekappy
Aug 22, 2004

Brie Cheesin'
I vote team Western Media doesn't give a poo poo in a week.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
so is al baghdadi a big bioshock fan or a big adam sandler fan cause thats gonna decide who i support here

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

A far more decisive response has come from Iran, which is said to be streaming Revolutionary Guard forces into Iraq to bolster their existing, substantial networks there and help its ally Maliki survive. Among Iraq's ironies is that US air power, should it return to Iraq, may end up supporting Iranian ground troops. Carney on Thursday declined to urge Iran to stay out of the crisis.

article owns

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-z2D9lo9-8

ted kennedy wrong
cindy sheehan wrong
france ...wroooooooooong

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

In hindsight comedians also in hindsight were right:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM202BVLf78
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Bb-pZTcmQ