Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Don't know the card but this is how you get above 9.

Use the cards that give you bonus resources
Use the trading post

Like the two things you said you can't do are exactly those things

The trading post has an option to spend 9 mana and you get 1 max so next turn you will have 10. Do it again and you get 11.

Or you can use the factionless or some faction cards that give you additional mana like wealthy nobels or brings life by passing by or growth. There are even cards that reduce the cost of others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Etalommi posted:

How do you play The Calamity in Death Trap? There are no cards that give you bonus to resources and the 9 cost thing in the trading post doesn't seem to push you over 10.

If you get the Calamity in your hand, you'll want to boost your resources up to 11 ahead of time in preparation. Since you have to use the 9 cost thing once to actually do that, your best bet is to first play the book that wipes the board after 3 turns. Your opponent will be less likely to play character cards on turn 2 or 3 of the book being out, and that's when you have your window to spend 9 resources without lagging behind in the arms race.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Someone tell me how you kill a mission card. Because this may become a problem.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

There doesn't seem to be a way to stop missions, they should've come with failstates or something.

The new cards are sick. I looked up Flame Dawn first. They get even more removal, charging dudes and people immune to non-combat damage, and it all seemed kind of overpowered. But hey, it turns out everyone* got new, game-winning cards so it evens out. Except Sleepers, but they were hella strong anyway.

This guy! :dance: It's time to poo poo all over Death Trap and Verore decks!

tacoman165
Feb 9, 2005
I've had an issue with Login Timeout for the last couple days, are the servers just slammed from the new update?

edit: reinstalling fixed it, and I got Mecha Dragon from the one Order booster I bought!

Double edit: Add me! ID - Woodgrain, I'm kookoo for Uncontrolled Rifts!

tacoman165 fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 13, 2014

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Non-damage damage.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

The Shortest Path posted:

Non-damage damage.

Yeah I don't know what the deal with that is. I think it might mean non combat damage. Also what mecha dragon?

Edit: Well look at that there is a mecha dragon.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 12, 2014

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

are you supposed to be able to pick a deck a few missions into the genesis campaign? the animal and fire dude ones had predetermined decks, while i've been doing this one with the uncontrolled rifts deck and with zero chatting by the npcs

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Davincie posted:

are you supposed to be able to pick a deck a few missions into the genesis campaign? the animal and fire dude ones had predetermined decks, while i've been doing this one with the uncontrolled rifts deck and with zero chatting by the npcs

Yeah most of the campaigns have you use your own decks after the first couple of missions. I think they also give you their deck after the first couple of missions or at the end.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

The Shortest Path posted:

Non-damage damage.

It's worded badly but it's meant to shield from things like Mass Death isn't it?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Brendan Rodgers posted:

It's worded badly but it's meant to shield from things like Mass Death isn't it?

They noticed it and fixed the wording. In any case, it should stop instant death spells and damage spells. It probably doesn't stop sacrifices, but that's still pretty good.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 14, 2014

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

From playing the game a (short) while, am I right in assuming that this is about a hundred times harder to build a decent (or even mediocre) deck in than Hearthstone, for either constructed or arena?

I sucked at Hearthstone so royally I got discouraged and quit playing entirely; remembering that a little belatedly, in the case of this game :saddowns:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

From playing the game a (short) while, am I right in assuming that this is about a hundred times harder to build a decent (or even mediocre) deck in than Hearthstone, for either constructed or arena?

I sucked at Hearthstone so royally I got discouraged and quit playing entirely; remembering that a little belatedly, in the case of this game :saddowns:

There are free decks that refresh every week or so that you can use as a guide. They are made from the devs watching the current popular decks so they normally are quite good or just gimmicky as gently caress.

Some of the decks really write themselves.

Grab all your Swarmers and put them in a deck. Bing gimmick Deck.
Grab all your One of Many Warpath unlimited cards put them in a deck with beefy guys. Bam powerhouse deck.
Grab all the guys with charge and bounce cards from Red put them in a deck. Boom rush deck

You could literally make an entire deck with 2-4 cards.
These three commanders: Secluded constructor, Shrapnel launcher, Genesis Aletia. Then 40 Unending Drones.
These three commanders: Flame Dawn Fanatic, Flame Dawn Fanatic, Flame Dawn Fanatic. Then 40 Flame Dawn Aspirant.

Or you could learn all the cards and get better by playing Rift Runs(Draft) that basically pay for themselves and give straight card rewards. They are also really fun.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

If you had only zombies, all your dead zombies give your zombies more power. The other cards just make you lose zombies faster.

Pretty easy and powerful.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Its really all about picking one or two factions that you like how they operate and then collecting their cards or trade for them. Hell some of us in here are bursting with garbage after playing for so long.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

gently caress you Drinkfist. I am now playing this game. My M:TG nostalgia fix is in full effect.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Kazvall posted:

gently caress you Drinkfist. I am now playing this game. My M:TG nostalgia fix is in full effect.

Put this on repeat:
http://youtu.be/2kTkePAy-Hc

Kill the lights, use your MtG playmat as a mousepad and order a case of SURGE. Its gonna be a rough week.

Now that poo poo should be in FULL EFFECT.

Edit: http://www.amazon.com/SURGE-12-16-FL-Cans/dp/B00M2OGS08

Its like they know us.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Rolling my d20 now to see how many wanks I get between rounds.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Late night kinda sucks cause not many people play then. That and the whole ELO thing. You might be able to wake someone up in the angry dome misc channel on camping the stairs mumble.

I think it is called "Infinity Wars and Gamecube Adapters" now though.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Reggin add me to steam as Kazvall if ya wanna try some games sometime. We can also talk about all the fun times we had with Mars Wars.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Most people seem to be playing normals now, 'cause the new set of cards aren't compatible with ranked yet.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008
Infinity Wars is the best online CCG on this side of the galaxy. Just for the "simultaneous turns" feature they should give an Oscar statue to IW devs.
And don't let me start about the gorgeous card animated graphics.....
I just opened my preordered Order boosters, got lots of cool cards, can't wait to use'em all in ranked.
Add me: Meat_Magician

P.S.: the UI showed in the OP is custom or something? my UI skin doesn't look so cool.

Knightsoul fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Dec 13, 2014

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Added Kaz and Knightsoul on steam.

IGM: stanleypain

I have a terrible addiction to this game and lots of cards. If you're just starting out play through all the campaigns and such to get a feel for which "colours" you like. Once you know this I can toss you a bunch of random cards just cuz.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

if you are just starting don't play stanely

if you happen to beat him he will try for hours to regain his victory streak and rebuild decks over and over again

he also won't send me pictures of his penis

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I have 99 decks but my dick ain't one.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

I have 99 decks but my dick ain't one.

Save for that very annoying Flame Dawn overseers deck I have been eating you all alive. You all need to embrace the new cards.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

Save for that very annoying Flame Dawn overseers deck I have been eating you all alive. You all need to embrace the new cards.

Lmao. Get on my level scrub.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

Lmao. Get on my level scrub.

I just got all the way up here. Why in the hell would I climb back down there?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

I just got all the way up here. Why in the hell would I climb back down there?

Triple digit rank? Oh snap son. Also, anyone playing double Veroe purity :laugh:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

Triple digit rank? Oh snap son. Also, anyone playing double Veroe purity :laugh:

I am a draft player. You know nothing of the struggle.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i have 40 zombies, that one guy that gets stronger for every card in the graveyard and summons all the cards in the graveyard when he dies, and a dream

one time i got 30 zombies on the field it ruled

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Endorph posted:

i have 40 zombies, that one guy that gets stronger for every card in the graveyard and summons all the cards in the graveyard when he dies, and a dream

one time i got 30 zombies on the field it ruled

There's a sleeper card called Avaraach has Risen, or something like that, it's a 12 cost card that causes both players graveyards to be put into your support zone. It's amazing to pull off.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

There's a sleeper card called Avaraach has Risen, or something like that, it's a 12 cost card that causes both players graveyards to be put into your support zone. It's amazing to pull off.

Combo it with the book of the dead or whatever it's called :D

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

So in Order there' this new spell that lets you tag two dudes, and they merge into one dude if they fight. I'm not sure if the new guy is supposed to have the special abilities from one, but I think I've seen that happen before. Cue my Firestarter Coyle crashing into my opponent's Divinedemonic Coyle.

It didn't keep the triple multistrike! :cry:

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I am really bad at this game even though I really try to make a deck that synergizes well I still always get destroyed by everybody in draft mode with decks that always seem to be the perfect counter to whatever I come up with.

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Murr rgghhh ahhrghhh fffff
This looks neat :)

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash
I am loving the hell out of this game.
My IGN is PrincessGarbage.
This feels so much more legitimate than a lot of other online TCGs. It feels less like I'm playing a video game of a card game but it really has that TCG feel.
I'm really digging Descendants. Walling yourself up is a win condition and that's awesome.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I just did a really awesome Rift run with a deck that was mostly descendants. Of course, this is mostly because I got a bunch of tanky as hell cards and two mortars for commanders.

What's that? You have a 30/30 beatstick? I can't hear you over the sound of my artillery and my twelve defenders. You'll have to speak up.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

A Spooky Skeleton posted:

I am loving the hell out of this game.
My IGN is PrincessGarbage.
This feels so much more legitimate than a lot of other online TCGs. It feels less like I'm playing a video game of a card game but it really has that TCG feel.
I'm really digging Descendants. Walling yourself up is a win condition and that's awesome.

You need a few things to turn them into power houses.

Yuan shi who for 4 mana can do 4 damage to everyone anywhere and gets exhausted for a turn
The dude that gives 4 health to everyone of your guys for 3 mana and gets exhausted for a turn
And if you can swing it, there is another guy who makes sure your defensive zone cycles and then everyone gets healed for 2 at the very end

Bonus for every chef which heals everything except for their selves for 1.

People have about 4 or 5 turns to kill you before you forget what you are doing and wall up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I'm liking this game too and dig the sleepers and the Genesis guys. I like exile too but they seem less capable than the other factions. I hey they you are supposed to use discards for exile to work but it seems that the benefits for going through the process just aren't they great. A couple resources cheaper than normal is nice but so are the 3 turns to get the drat thing out and fighting.

• Locked thread