Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

This seems fairly interesting, but apparently it's been around for a while and I never heard of it, so I worry about the state of the community. Are there plenty of people playing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man the campaign maps rapidly escalate into really challenging things, huh? I'm having a pretty decent amount of fun with this game so far, and I haven't even started playing PvP at all. For now, the final map for the Flame Dawn has me pretty stumped, so I'm trying some other factions.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm really liking how different each deck feels. I've been using the starter deck for each faction in their own campaign missions and its amazing how different you have to think for each of them.

My favorite so far is the sci-fi dudes, just a lot of fun stapling a bunch of mechs together to make some ungodly mega abominamech.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

This game is bizarre in how unpopular it is. Is everyone playing Hearthstone or something? It's just such a shame because I've been getting really into it, but I seem to always get matched against the same dozen-odd people. That's kinda fun in its own way as we tend to strategy and counter-strategy due to the small player pool, but I really wish more people were into it.

Also it doesn't help that currently Overseers are hella OP.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man the current "meta" of using Overseers for everything is really starting to be frustrating to me. I really enjoy playing this game with my friends, in which we constantly make gimmicky decks based on whatever rares we just got, but trying to play ranked is an exercise in fighting nothing but endless waves of Overseers, Verore and DoD.

Just a little annoying to fight the same thing over and over, I guess.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Umbreon posted:

Tried this at the recommendation of a friend, it's surprisingly fun.

Why the hell is it so unpopular though?

Your guess is as good as mine. Not enough advertising? High competition in the online TCG market right now? Hearthstone existing?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

It went gold, apparently. Whatever the hell that means. I hope they get more players due to it, but I somehow doubt it.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Honestly just by doing every campaign mission and tutorial and poo poo you end up with enough cards to make a variety of decent enough decks. This ain't like Hex or anything. I played the poo poo out of this a few months ago, but my will to play got drained by endless spam of Overseer decks with little variation to them. Hopefully the new faction will shake things up enough that I won't see Lilariah in the command zone in half the games I play.

They're not even THAT hard to fight against, but it gets so goddamn boring fighting the same poo poo all the time.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Third World Reggin posted:

You need a few things to turn them into power houses.

Yuan shi who for 4 mana can do 4 damage to everyone anywhere and gets exhausted for a turn
The dude that gives 4 health to everyone of your guys for 3 mana and gets exhausted for a turn
And if you can swing it, there is another guy who makes sure your defensive zone cycles and then everyone gets healed for 2 at the very end

Bonus for every chef which heals everything except for their selves for 1.

People have about 4 or 5 turns to kill you before you forget what you are doing and wall up.

Even without the first two of those I'm running a fairly okay Descendants/Sleepers deck. I really like that one dude who is always permanently forced to be in the Defense Zone, he really helps dealing with early-game rush strategies if you put him in your command zone.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Megasabin posted:

Are the factions balanced in this? Or are there some stronger and weaker ones?

They're MOSTLY balanced, with the only exception being that Exiles are a still a little on the weak side and Overseers are arguably a little too strong. Other than that, the balance is pretty good. And you can still totally run an Exiles deck and do alright, it'll just take more effort than the other factions.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Stanley Pain posted:

I've heard from a few people that the top tier ranked play is favouring Flame Dawn these days, which is why Noble Protector got the big ole nerf. Something else I learned is that the "Last Sleeper" card from this set was indeed the last sleeper card they are making as that faction is being retired.

What? Sleepers are being retired? Goddammit, they're my favorite faction!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm getting back into the game relatively big-time by which I mean I'm playing again but still am going to be a cheap gently caress and not spend any money on it. Feel free to add me for some casual games I have a bunch of lovely decks and one horrible annoyance of a deck that combines DoD and Sleepers to be frustrating as hell to play against. If I could just get an actual Daode or whatever his name is, +0/+3 guy, my deck would be complete for maximum annoyance value. Anyways my username is InfinityGaia I think I'm not sure if caps matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

You know what I hate? People with really gimmicky decks that immediately concede if you break their gimmick early on. Let me get full exp and money for killing you, you rear end in a top hat, I broke your dumb gimmick, that's the least you can do.

• Locked thread