Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa
I'm having a lot of fun with this so far. I like the clean mechanics but also the fact that there's some really complex card interactions going on, which I missed from other digital card games. That and they really nailed the card art, the animation and art style is pretty glorious. I'm not a Magic player but I imagine that those that play it would kill for the same level of work on all of those cards!

The Mojang game was a good effort, but they sort of shot themselves in the foot with the level of polish they aimed for on their unit animations. It's smart that the IW devs just went all-in on the cards first of all.

Today I received a random legendary and two epic cards just for showing up and rolling through some of the Genesis campaign. I guess they're not anything special to veterans but I like the fact that there's a wow factor there.

The Sleepers were my favourites before this just for the slow gradual death ramp and graveyard fuckery, but splicing together huge things to make even huger things and then one-shotting the enemy fortress is pretty cool! :awesomelon:

edit: was looking to play pauper mode, is that only unlocked with ranked? Seems a bit odd, thought that would be best for newbies. Merged just seems like it would be messy.

Harmonica fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Aug 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa
They seem to be changing/redoing the campaign missions with each update right now, anyway. The last update made some of them a lot harder and changed around all the cards. They became more like puzzles and less free in terms of how the player can play them. I guess it's good from a challenge perspective but retrying the new Genesis missions was like pulling teeth. Not a huge fan of puzzle setups in card games.

I'm stuck on Flame Dawn mission 4 I think because it's utter bullshit and requires some specific string of moves to beat. Glad I played Sleepers and Genesis before that faction, but it's nuts that it's that hard out of the gate.

I think they do a good job of teaching some faction playstyles and focus specifically on using several card abilities per mission, but beyond that, yeah, not a lot.

Harmonica fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 22, 2014

• Locked thread