Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

KennyMan666 posted:

Holy poo poo, that Metroidvania shirt. I need that.

Yeah, seriously, zari-gani has nailed it once again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Tracula posted:

That was pretty much the best thing ever. How far did he get into the NES Punch Out? I think it was one or two fights away from Mike.
He got to Mike, but then explained that he's pure guessing and the odds of getting it right enough times in a row to win are absurd.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
Quick PSA for Livestreamer. You can watch streams in your favorite video player rather than a bloated flash browser tab.

Windows users can grab a precompiled version right here. Here's a quickstart guide. Basically the only thing you need to setup is your video player location. The config file has a bunch of default locations that you can just uncomment. It should look something like this:

# VLC
player=“C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe”

Notice that the pound sign in front of player is removed. Replace VLC with whatever you prefer, but make sure MPC is up-to-date if you use that. Open a command prompt, enter livestreamer.exe twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda best, and that's it. You can replace best with low/medium/high if needed.

Mac users can run sudo easy_install livestreamer from a terminal window, and then use the same command as Windows (sans .exe) to launch it. It defaults to using VLC, but you can use --player to specify something else.

Linux users can grab it via pip.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Does it work with Media Player Classic?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Tried out Livestreamer with mplayer and yeah that works nice. Adding info about that to OP, and when I say that I mean just copying most of BloodWulfe's post into it.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

BillehS posted:

Does it work with Media Player Classic?

Sure does. That’s what I used to test it on Windows.

The default path was wrong for me in the config though, so you may need to correct that to something like:

# MPC
player=“C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe”

Or wherever it's installed to for you.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

KennyMan666 posted:

Holy poo poo, that Metroidvania shirt. I need that.

Adding Theyetee link to OP.

Thanks dude. Hoping for lots of sales! :black101: I had a ton of fun designing that one, but it was tough reducing it to just three colours.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Excited for this, hoping to catch as much as I can.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The best thing, by far, about Livestreamer is your player of choice being able to normalize the audio levels. Can't tell you how many times I dive for the volume control during an applause break.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

zari-gani posted:

Thanks dude. Hoping for lots of sales! :black101: I had a ton of fun designing that one, but it was tough reducing it to just three colours.

Yeah I like that shirt a lot. Hope it still in stock by next Friday.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Rirse posted:

Yeah I like that shirt a lot. Hope it still in stock by next Friday.

The shirts are printed after the orders have been made, so don't worry, they won't go out of stock.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I just ordered that Zelda Oracles shirt. My favorite gbc games :swoon:

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

Alteisen posted:

Now that Kenny mentions him, I wonder if Blue is going this year.

There's a $2,000 donation incentive which if (let's be real here, when) met will have him play Ecco the Dolphin, so that should answer that question.

Also, Iceplug will be there as well.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CarpetCrawler posted:

There's a $2,000 donation incentive which if (let's be real here, when) met will have him play Ecco the Dolphin, so that should answer that question.

Also, Iceplug will be there as well.

Yea that's gonna be met in seconds.

Since I figure this is a good thread to ask, all 3 Splatterhouse have runners now and I'm routing the 2010 version, would anyone actually be interested in watching a Splatterhouse block though?

I'm just trying to gauge interest here.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Totally looking forward for peaches

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

BloodWulfe posted:

Quick PSA for Livestreamer. You can watch streams in your favorite video player rather than a bloated flash browser tab.

Windows users can grab a precompiled version right here. Here's a quickstart guide. Basically the only thing you need to setup is your video player location. The config file has a bunch of default locations that you can just uncomment. It should look something like this:

# VLC
player=“C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe”

Notice that the pound sign in front of player is removed. Replace VLC with whatever you prefer, but make sure MPC is up-to-date if you use that. Open a command prompt, enter livestreamer.exe twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda best, and that's it. You can replace best with low/medium/high if needed.

Mac users can run sudo easy_install livestreamer from a terminal window, and then use the same command as Windows (sans .exe) to launch it. It defaults to using VLC, but you can use --player to specify something else.

Linux users can grab it via pip.

For anybody who can't do this because they're at work or whatever, I like to use the popout of the stream in its own window and the Always on Top Firefox extension so I can keep it in the corner of my screen and still attempt to get work done. I'm sure there's a Chrome one out there as well. (The firefox one sometimes will bug out and make a window act like it's always on top when it's not set to be, just clicking the pin for it twice fixes it)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:swoon: That shirt :swoon:

CarpetCrawler posted:

Looks like they'll be adding more over time, there's quite a few prizes that I know of that still aren't on the tracker.

Not only that, they'll be uploaded to SDA's YouTube account as well!!

Perlerzzzzzzz

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Cannot Find Server posted:

He made it to Mike and lost to him.

Sindai posted:

He got to Mike, but then explained that he's pure guessing and the odds of getting it right enough times in a row to win are absurd.

Sinister did the NES Punch out, Zallard did the SNES one.

The funniest part of that last fight was Zallard looking cross for a sec and then going "so I accidentally did a frame perfect counter..."

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

LethalGeek posted:

Oh, I feel kind of like a major rear end in a top hat thinking it was the same guy :v:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

LethalGeek posted:

The funniest part of that last fight was Zallard looking cross for a sec and then going "so I accidentally did a frame perfect counter..."

I was just about to post this, but for some added content:

Sinister1 is an all-around cool dude who you should try to watch anytime he's playing or commentating a run. He's going to be doing a TMNT IV race with Mike Uyama (the one getting a group handy in the gif on the last page) that is guaranteed to be a highlight.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I spoke to zallard a few hours after the blindfolded clear and he still couldn't believe it.

Fun Fact: He stopped calling times after the first circuit, because the first circuit has no randomness, once you're in major's its anyone's guess.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
drat, didn't realize this was literally starting tomorrow. Been looking forward to it for a while, especially now that I actually have money I can donate.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

BloodWulfe posted:

Sure does. That’s what I used to test it on Windows.

The default path was wrong for me in the config though, so you may need to correct that to something like:

# MPC
player=“C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe”

Or wherever it's installed to for you.

What renderer are you using because I'm just getting "Failed to render the file". I'm using;
MPC-HC 1.7.5
madVR v0.87.10
LAVFilters-0.62 x86

Edit: Seems to be an issue when using external LAV Filters.

Vapor Moon fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 22, 2014

Acolyte!
Aug 6, 2001

Go! Rocket Kiwi! Go!
I moved my Chromecast into my bedroom specifically for this and The International.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

zari-gani posted:

Wait. YOU designed the Metroidvania shirt? That's phenomenal work, especially the Metroid shape of it. Brilliant, I'm buying multiples.

Acolyte! posted:

I moved my Chromecast into my bedroom specifically for this and The International.

Poor EVO, being forgotten in favor of the International.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Captain Invictus posted:

Wait. YOU designed the Metroidvania shirt? That's phenomenal work, especially the Metroid shape of it. Brilliant, I'm buying multiples.

zari-gani has designed t-shirts for quite a few of the speedrunning charity marathons now, and they're always among the best designs.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Zaggitz posted:

I just ordered that Zelda Oracles shirt. My favorite gbc games :swoon:

Someone's gotta fill the cute shirt quota for GDQs :3:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I almost never actually read the threads for these things because once the marathon starts they become a clusterfuck and I fall behind by like 3000 posts, I'm more of a casual GDQ viewer. It's good to see a goon doing these designs and being drat good at it, too.

I also just noticed the Zero quote shirt, that's really cringeworthy.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

timp posted:

(the one getting a group handy in the gif on the last page)

If only we could all be described like this.

FillInTheBlank posted:

What renderer are you using because I'm just getting "Failed to render the file". I'm using;
MPC-HC 1.7.5
madVR v0.87.10
LAVFilters-0.62 x86

Edit: Seems to be an issue when using external LAV Filters.

Sounds like you resolved this, yeah? I've never used lavf to demux stuff before, so I'm not sure without looking at it.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Maybe I'm crazy, but the run I'm looking forward to most is Studio doing Warcraft 3.

Also why the hell is Funkdoc going to be there but not running any games :smith:.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

BloodWulfe posted:

If only we could all be described like this.

Sounds like you resolved this, yeah? I've never used lavf to demux stuff before, so I'm not sure without looking at it.

Yeah the solution was to download a separate copy of MPC-HC and just use that for streams.
Better than screwing around with things.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

katkillad2 posted:

Maybe I'm crazy, but the run I'm looking forward to most is Studio doing Warcraft 3.

Also why the hell is Funkdoc going to be there but not running any games :smith:.

His work keeps him insanely busy.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Marathon starts in just six hours, so get whatever you need to get done before it done!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Acolyte! posted:

Does Twitch have Chromecast support now? That would be extremely useful.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

BloodWulfe posted:

This is great, thank you.

It also lets me crop the video to just show the game. I wish I could do that when watching the Youtube uploads on my phone, because the game itself is just tiny.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

kidcoelacanth posted:

Does Twitch have Chromecast support now? That would be extremely useful.

Not natively or whatever, but there do appear to be some third party workarounds. This guy's version is well-recommended but I'm not at home so I can't test it currently.

There's also an unofficial Twitch Roku channel floating around if anyone is in the same boat as me

Acolyte!
Aug 6, 2001

Go! Rocket Kiwi! Go!

Omnikin posted:

Not natively or whatever, but there do appear to be some third party workarounds. This guy's version is well-recommended but I'm not at home so I can't test it currently.

There's also an unofficial Twitch Roku channel floating around if anyone is in the same boat as me

TCast definitely works, but I hadn't seen this one before. Thanks for the link.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Packing up some last minute poo poo back at my apartment and then it's off to the hotel to finalize the setup.

After three straight days of setup I'm amazed that my body still woke me up earlier than my alarm clock this morning.

GET HPYE.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

That Splinterface perler is so amazing. Going to donate so hard for that.

Someone should compile a list of goons running stuff. I know we got Peaches and Studio and Gilder and Murph running stuff, plus UA as always. Duckfist too? There's allegedly going to be some PROYOCO at some bonus point maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

stream2vlc (also works with MPC) is great if you can't get livestreamer to work. Copy the links and open them in your player.

• Locked thread