Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Studio posted:

There's A Really Cool Thing with this SGDQ that only a few people know about.

Hope ya'll like the surprise :getin:

Blueglass is reading donation comments the entire week.

edit

FillInTheBlank posted:

Is the really cool thing plush dolls of all my anime waifus?

I think we might define 'cool thing' differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Speaking of, good luck with everything UA. Looking forward to the Metal Storm run.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:swoon: That shirt :swoon:

CarpetCrawler posted:

Looks like they'll be adding more over time, there's quite a few prizes that I know of that still aren't on the tracker.

Not only that, they'll be uploaded to SDA's YouTube account as well!!

Perlerzzzzzzz

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Caught a little of UA's test stream, now I'm just watching the twitch chat freak the gently caress out about it not starting on time. It's pretty entertaining.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Omnikin posted:

Anyone on Twitch have a group chat or side chat thing open? Would be a lot nicer than the current cancer

Just use the SA irc channel.

Chats: Part of the fun is always to chat with peeps about what's going un, but twitch chat is generally not fun. Good thing it's not considered the official chat channel! Instead, take to IRC like a decent human being.

The official channel is:
Server: irc.quakenet.org
Channel: #sdamarathon
Direct link
Quakenet Webchat (can't use Mibbit for that)

Of course, we also have the SA speedrunning channel, which tends to not be as insane as above mentioned one:
Server: irc.synirc.net
Channel: #speedruns
Direct link
Mibbit Webchat

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Oh god look at all those cables, good luck UA and rest of the tech side!

Man, that room is huge.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SereneCrimson posted:

So I thought I would watch this with the Twitch app for the xbox 360. So I could watch it on my TV.

I hit the SGDQ channel, and ad after ad after ad.
After it showed me 10 ads I quit out.

Googling doesn't really bring me any answers, is this normal?
I guess I have to use my computer instead.

This has happened to me a few times. Just hit B to go back and load the stream again. Shouldn't show any ads the second time. If you get more than one ad, just go back and don't let anymore play.

InterrupterJones posted:

drat, someone oughta tell Mikwuyma to enunciate.

The reverb on Mikwuyma is pretty significant, but that huge room isn't helping anything.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/meet-the-man-behind-games-done-quick/1600-903/

Patrick at GB did a short interview with Romscout recently, if anyone is interested.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Twitch chat won't stop clapping.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Little Mac posted:

Whoa

what kind of fucker idiot

Perhaps he prefers Yoshi's Story.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Tracula posted:

Back to the old layout it looks like, thank god.

4x3 games work better with couch cam on a 16x9 stream feed than 16x9 games do :iiam:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Gamma Nerd posted:

I'm only on Twitch chat to post adorable dog faces actually. All other emoticons are false.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Well that first one sure is terrifying.

KennyMan666 posted:

Dear god, this video quality is the worst.

Yeah something with the feed from the Wii's is weird. The rest of the stream looks fine.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Erata posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/peaches__ is walking around SGDQ with a hand cam streaming live right now. He'll probably be doing this again in the future, just in case you wanted a stream inside your stream. He's wandering around behind scenes, catching people wandering around. Short chit-chat and watching other people either practice or pass time.

http://www.twitch.tv/peaches__/b/540974068

VOD if you missed it. Where the hell do you get that many CRTs these days? :psyduck:

Reformed Pissboy posted:

What a great ending.

Yeah for real. The last few levels were really tense. Great race.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 23, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

TheChirurgeon posted:

Man Miracle Whip is really pushing this campaign hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/AH_BrownMan

Ray from AchievementHunter is there and got fresh with Bonesaw. Should get some interesting photos out of him.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Goddamn the 360 twitch app sucks. Every single time they go to commercial it crashes. Didn't have this problem for AGDQ, not sure what is different.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

BloodWulfe posted:

Hello old friend

Oh man, totally forgot about that. Best part of AGDQ.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

TechnoSyndrome posted:

This bums me out because though he can be annoying I find Naegleria pretty funny at times. The mic thing was a spur of the moment thing that I thought was pretty funny at the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1axCFWaX4Pk

That being said it's super lovely of him to sass the tech crew when they asked him not to do that again. I hope this doesn't mean no Mario Party bonus stream though.

The moment was really funny, in my opinion, but he's got to learn when to turn off his rear end in a top hat persona. You can't act like that 24/7.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
That whole team of PJ, Mecharichter, Gildersneeze, Duckfist, Klaige, and Murphagator are so amazing. Everything they do is hilarious and seriously compelling. PJ especially has such a killer personality and is just naturally funny, although I've only ever seen him on stream.

And the mystery game kinda blew my mind, had never heard of it and the whole story about making it happen was great.

iastudent posted:

Has no one mentioned PJ's Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts run yet? Cause it was a very PJ run.

Especially when he switched consoles.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

UraniumAnchor posted:

That 40 minute downtime we had (holy poo poo we used a setup block for ACTUAL SETUP) was us doing some surgery on the stream box to fix the framerate issues, as well as Cool Matty tweaking every last setting he could find on the mixer to make the audio quality more consistent.

What was the issue with the NES, N64, and maybe Gamecube games looking all interlaced and crazy the first day?

Mr E posted:

Thanks for the tech crew and your hard work getting the stream fixed, as it's working amazingly smooth now. Can't believe that someone bent a pin on one of the cables, but I guess that's to be expected with some of the attendees.

Wait, is that what it was?

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jun 26, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Oh goddamit, not Yoshi's Story. That game is so cute :suicide:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Cosmo was amazing during that ZZT run, one of the best things he's ever done. His monologue was so perfect, although the dude on the couch acting all befuddled seemed kinda forced.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
If watching twitch chat freak out entertains you, now would be a good time. Bananas is running Oracle of Seasons and chat is in full tilt.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Anime Device posted:

bananas' is really good and I enjoy her streams.

Yeah she handled it really well and the mods were fairly heavy- handed in chat, so that kinda calmed down a bit after a while.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

CarpetCrawler posted:

Her Twitch chat is pretty full. It consists of people who have been banned from the main SDA stream complaining about how they've been banned or still making creepy comments about her.

*tips fedora*

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Cool Matty posted:

I dunno, I consider that karmic justice. The guy didn't get his poo poo together on the right PC (and better yet, had his friends inform me of this), and flat-out ignored me to my face when I told him to get his U-play account locked down before the run.

As someone that runs live sound and also does a radio show, I can confirm that this is a normal occurrence. I've had to put large signs by mics with "Do Not Tap Mic" in large font, since everyone sees it on TV and then assumes that's what they're supposed to do.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I think we've got this year's official gif.

legoman727 posted:

"Will you dance if you win? Yeah? I'll just wait here for you."

:allears:

That was so drat funny.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
There are entirely too many people in that crowd with animal ear hoodies.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
TASBot was so badass and that SMW thing was genius.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Iceplug has been covering for him.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Didn't recognize Caleb with his shirt on.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Man, this was over at that gator fight. What a massive lead.

Alteisen posted:

Cmon pie, I got money on you. :ohdear:

You must enjoy losing money.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah, spoke too soon. Ivan dying and missing the elevator put him pretty far behind.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Whoa, pie got the elevator. Good stuff.

Pie just needs them all to die two more times each and he's back in it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
That commentary reminded me of watching golf. Good stuff.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Having that crowd next door is so funny, especially if it's a pyramid scheme gang like Amway. We've got one group of all volunteers raising money to help poor people and the other room is full of uber-capitalists that're trying their best to steal as much from everyone they can.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Aishlinn posted:

I like this guy's commenting, he's doing a good job in explaining all the jargon.

For real, he's really good.

"We need better marketing!"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Notch with another $10k donation, wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

• Locked thread