Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Sunday Standings

Today's Schedule

National Broadcasts (All times Eastern)
  • 1:35 pm - Atlanta Braves at Washington Nationals - MLBN
  • 2:15 pm - Philadelphia Phillies at St. Louis Cardinals - MLBN
  • 2:20 pm - Pittsburgh Pirates at Chicago Cubs - WGN America
  • 8:07 pm - Texas Rangers at Los Angeles Angels - ESPN

Today in Baseball History
  • 1932 - The N.L., at a meeting of club presidents, finally approves players wearing numbers.
  • 1946 - Bill Veeck heads a syndicate that purchases the Cleveland Indians.
  • 1962 - Boog Powell becomes the first Oriole player to homer over the center field hedge at in Baltimore's Memorial Stadium with a 469-foot blast off Don Schwall in the Birds' 4-3 victory over Boston. Mickey Mantle had done this feat earlier in 1957.
  • 1982 - Pete Rose doubles off John Stuper in the third inning of a 3-2 loss to the Cardinals for his 3,772nd career hit, moving him past Hank Aaron into second place on baseball's all-time list.
  • 1993 On his final day as a professional baseball player, 45-year old White Sox backstop Carlton Fisk of the catches his 2,226th game to surpass Bob Boone as the all-time leader.
  • 2002 - A game between the Cubs and Cardinals is postponed after Cardinals Pitcher Darryl Kile is found dead at age 33 in his hotel room, of apparent natural causes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Looks like the 2013 Marlins decided to show up to today's game.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
The Pirates are supposedly wearing throwbacks to 1953 today.

The 1953 Pirates finished 50-104.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Travis :woop:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Well that was an odd way to score a run

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
:ohdear: Looks like we might not have solved the bullpen woes afterall.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
That's a relief. :yarr:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Well, looks like I chose the wrong thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the second time that Washington's been tossed for arguing replay or did I miss a time?

E: And yes I think that the rule is bullshit as well.

• Locked thread