Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Gonna be real funny when Tampa ends up drafting Ehlers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

grack posted:

Canucks apparently offering the 6th overall, Hunter Shinkaruk and a roster player for the 1st overall. I have no idea what to think of that.

Apparently that roster player is Tanev, if so then :laffo:. If not, it might actually be a pretty decent idea.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
So what pack of dumbasses draft Ritchie?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Verviticus posted:

10 just happened to be the pick that seems to be the focal point of kesler trade talks. i wouldnt make the pick with him, but if the canucks did, id be all for it

basically they could pick one of a dozen forwards with a 10th and id be ok with it. there are a LOT of similar, exciting forwards in this draft

Murray is supposedly doing everything he can to make the trade happen without moving pick number 10. I figure if it's moved, it'll be right before the pick, since Murray wants to see who's still on the board.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

ThinkTank posted:

I don't think that Benning wants to do that as he's been pretty public about his desire to jump up to 1st overall and the 10th pick would probably be part of that. I'm not unconvinced all that talk isn't a smokescreen for something else though.

I still think that Kesler to Anaheim gets done tomorrow evening and that Murray will relent and put 10th overall on the table.

Why trade the pick before you know what's being moved? I mean I really want Kesler on this team but I really don't see a Chicago deal happening with them so close to cap and that probably makes Anaheim the only possibility, or at least the team with the best offer. Whats the latest rumor on that front anyway?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

ThinkTank posted:

Because the Canucks would probably want to use 6+10 to move up to 1st overall.

Canucks are in the unique position where it doesn't matter if they retain salary on the Kesler transaction. If a team like Chicago wants him but are worried about the cap, the Canucks can pay half of his contract if Chicago throws in another asset. Kesler at $2.5M is an amazing deal and pretty much any team could make that work financially.

There aren't any new rumours on the Kesler front. The team has always been pretty tight lipped about it, and some media folks are predicting it'll drag on past the draft because the Canuck's asking price is sky high. Ultimately I think it gets done in the next couple days because the team's new tag line is 'CHANGE IS COMING' (actually) and the fan base aren't going to buy the whole 'the coach is the reset' thing a second time. Plus no one is in the mood for another Luongo saga.

Honestly, I could care less. If moving the 10th pick means we don't lose any significant roster players than I'm all for it. And the Canucks would look pretty alright as far as offensive prospects go with Horvat and Reinhart in the system. The only issue then would be finding who to play with Kes, since all our top 6 wingers are shoot first kind of guys.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
So how far does Ehlers fall? Out of the top 5? I think he's easily on par with the other top picks of the draft.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Verviticus posted:

i figure the trade's gonna look like (if it even happens) 10th + theodore or 10/24/one of anaheims stupid 3rd line prospect forwards everyone drools over

it will be emmersen etem and he will almost definitely not be the player the canucks think he will be. (see: Smith Pelly, Devente)

E: Or Kassian, for that matter

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Okay I just got home, can someone tell me what hilarity I missed? I don't wanna read through like 30 pages instead of enjoying the draft

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Wait, Pittsburgh was dumb enough to trade Neal?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

fits posted:

i still dont get how ducks kept the 10th over the 24th in getting kesler

I bet Bob spit in Bennings face after the ink was signed.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
god dammit Bob

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

darkwolf220 posted:

That was a... good pick?

Everything I've heard about Ritchie is he's really lovely and is only ranked highly because of "size". Am I wrong? I would really like to be wrong

goldrush posted:

is that a new ducks uni?

yeah, they're using their 3rd now

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

JawKnee posted:

what the gently caress is going on with your gang tag?

the best gang tag on the forums, for sure

Dak02 posted:

??, Ducks need left wingers, he was the best option

I'm just bitter that we missed out on Ehlers, honestly. I've learned to trust the Ducks on judgment calls like these, they've done a good job in the first round

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Dak02 posted:

I doubt that he makes the nhl right away also. The Ducks as an organization are extremely thin on left wing so the pick makes sense to me.

No way he makes the team next year, they'll probably stick him in Norfolk at least, if not play him in the minors again. The Ducks take development really slow, the only reason Lindholm and Fowler started in the NHL right away was because the team's D was so unbelievably bad, and it's not like they're regretting those decisions right now.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Franks Happy Place posted:

GIVE ME HO-SANG OR I'M TAKING THAT poo poo, BENNING.

post pics, tia

E: Hell, just make it a goon-meet

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I hope he becomes a top player and fans start honking like geese every time he scores

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Shyfted One posted:

Was there a USA chant?

I love Philly

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Apparently Anaheim and Montreal are talking a bunch on twitter or something probably just gonna bounce some picks around

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Pat Clements posted:

If Montreal trades down and Anaheim takes Ho Sang I will immediately put them back on top of my poo poo list

They just traded for Kesler and Teemu and Koivu is gone, they're clearly trying to get people to hate them at this point

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
So most of the people I know are actually really happy about Vancouvers moves today, seems public reception is pretty good about the job Benning is doing so far.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

ThinkTank posted:

This is absolutely not the case. Pretty much everyone I know and the entire internet is up in arms about these moves.

Huh, I'm only friends with most of these people because they post terrible, incredibly dumb things about hockey and when called on it go "I'VE BEEN WATCHING THE CANUCKS FOR 20 YEARS I THINK I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT".

Verviticus posted:

you know the stupidest people alive

So yeah, basically

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I think that you guys are cool, CAS. I hope everything works out for you guys.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Well all this talk about Kesler handcuffing the team is nonsense. He took less money to stay a Canuck and he got a NMC. Canucks were lucky to have him at such a good deal. When they sit him down and they have 4-5 year plan and he's 29 about to turn 30, he should get the right to pick where he goes.

He was asked to waive to for Anaheim at the deadline, says yes, and then ownership kills a few minutes before the deadline.

I think canucks should be extremely happy with their return.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Verviticus posted:

i think the canucks should have loving waived him if they were just gonna take jared mccann and a 4th liner back

Bones is probably an okay bottom 6 forward

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Verviticus posted:

nuh uh, i saw that. heres why youre wrong

canucks suck

what did he say

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

fits posted:

the junior system is a big problem

for example, Crosby playing in junior would have to wait for hours in the locker room to go home, in order to avoid hockey parents literally yelling at him for being better than their precocious kids

small town canada is horrible

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Aye Doc posted:

basically kill all the white people

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Vicas posted:

I agree, Bowser gang tag haver Austrian Mook

you better not be dissing the gang tag or i'll summon my bowser tag brothers

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

a false posted:

i am extremely happy with the isles' picks. dal colle was almost a given if they were keeping the pick and he was absolutely the right pick at 5 (although i wouldn't have scoffed at ehlers or nylander) and ho-sang is the icing on the cake.

ho-sang is an amazing pick since he's probably going to be one of the best forwards of the entire draft. I don't think he's Reinhart, Benet, or Ehlers level but he's probably just below them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Aye Doc posted:

the canucks second line next season will be bonino-bolland-kassian and it's going to be so great

it will literally be this, holy loving poo poo.

• Locked thread