Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

Isn't there an enemy (not the bird things) in the airship level that acts exactly like the medusa heads? But as I recall there are far fewer of them than there tended to be in Castlevania levels themed around them, and there aren't as many insta-death pits around either so they aren't so annoying.
There were those bullet things in that level that were designed to knock the player into pits but I don't remember them being overused. They still caused me no end of trouble, especially in that bit where you're forced to race the rising camera, but even then I remember them as only being near the beginning where they're the only danger and it's more that I'm not that brilliant at that kind of challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

Man, how did Treasure Knight come in dead last? Do people *not* want to hookshot around like crazy?
I remember that vote being difficult because they all sounded quite interesting, even with only the images and descriptions. I think the only exception was the Black Knight because he's essentially Shovel Knight Mk. II.

I think I put the Enchantress at top billing, purely because I thought it would be the most interesting thematically to play the main villain.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Honestly I appreciate the way they smoothed the difficulty with an item like the Phase Locket because it was enough to allow a scrub like me to finish the game while still providing enough platforming challenge to keep the game interesting. And experts can mitigate their use of it or just not pick the relic altogether.

• Locked thread