Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Got it on 3DS and beat it. Holy poo poo what a great game.

Storyline question:
So Black Knight was also in love with Shield Knight all along, but was he also your bro? Or was he always Shovel Knight's rival for Shield Knight's hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I doubt he'll be in Smash any time soon.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

As long as there's a level with the music from the first level. :rock:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Is the 3DS version of at the same time or am I stuck waiting for Nintendo to update sometime this quarter.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

You guys have it all wrong. The correct progression would be Super Shovel Knight.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

On the 3DS you can quick swap all your bombs around by tapping the touchscreen with your thumb. :smugbert:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Component powder is officially my jam, holy poo poo.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

How do you dance with Plague Knight?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Dr. Fetus posted:

He learns it from the Troupple King. After that, just press down at any point in the game.

How do you get him to appear? Pond is empty...

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Add in that rising staff for extra hilarity.

There needs to be some sort of flight run where you never touch the ground.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I got him with Cascade Powder. So far I've found all the coins, although I probably should not have wasted 50 of them on the catapult instead of unlocking more upgrades.

I finished the Explodatorium, and I did get all 30 coins, but I couldn't find Chester. I think I had that problem with Shovel Knight too, actually. Hmmm... I suppose it doesn't matter as when I found him in Armor Village, I still could trade the Alchemy Coin for 0 gold.

I did this, but now I have a Red Robe so I can't complain. Really want this sparkling powder everyone is on about.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kanpachi posted:

That's disappointing. It obviated a bunch of the relics and made some bosses trivial but it was a lot of fun. Maybe it's something they could hide behind a cheat code?

... or just make it a new relic or robe?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I love how you asked that question and got a bunch of different answers.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Solution to the patch... never exit the game on your 3DS and just close it to put it to sleep! :smugbert:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

a harder challenge is as follows: do not smile at Mona and Plague Knight's interactions

I like how the Magicist has a crush on Plague Knight and gets really nervous around him, too,and PK is completely oblivious.

In general the DLC is just plain loving adorable. :allears:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

A Steampunk Gent posted:

You would have to design The Enchantress and if you wanted to do it properly you could do all the NPCs, most of the bosses have fairly gender neutral appearances though and I'm not sure what you could do with them without putting them all in boob-plate and skirts

Blizzard Knight as a Brünhilde style valkyrie would kick rear end.

Lurdiak posted:

I don't think it's a crush so much as she's flattered/flustered by the attention. Which can feel very much like having a crush.

She has a specific quote where she comments on how well played his mask is... pretty sure she wants to experiment with a different sort of alchemy.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

She is totally down with the beak, but I'm not at all surprised that a goon wouldn't pick up on the fact that she's flirting with him.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Dr. Fetus posted:

Nah, he can only recruit Baz.

And he will conveniently steal potions from the Magicist for you after you kill a boss.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

So, are they releasing physical copies of the game next month? I already have the GOG version and a digital copy on the Wii U, but the GOG one was a gift and I only paid a tenner for the Wii U version. Given that and also that I wasn't involved in the kickstarter, I'd like to get the devs some more money. So, if I'm reading this right, I'll plump for a 3DS cartridge in about four weeks.

This is assuming that physical copies are compatible with the Plague Knight DLC and all other updates, which seems to be quite clearly stated on the front page.

I dunno, man, you may only get, like, an hour out of enjoyment out of that cartridge, and I'm not sure it'd be worth the money.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

gently caress that I want a Plague Knight one.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

apostateCourier posted:

I don't even have a Wii-U and I want a Plague Knight (and a Mona) amiibo.

Only if you can put them together so they look like they're dancing. :allears:

Also, seriously... :wtc: you guys, there's totally a love triangle thing going with the Magicist. Both women dig PK, but he's totally oblivious to the Magicist and is flustered by Mona. It's so blatantly obvious from all of the dialogue in the game over and over, I really don't see how a bunch of you were arguing otherwise.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Sade posted:

There is definitely some dialogue early on that might lead somebody to believe that the magicist is into Plague Knight, but you're right that ultimately this was the punchline of their interactions.

I wonder if the Magicist was intended to be PK's love interest, but was scrapped for Mona at some point?

Ah, I haven't beaten the DLC yet. The other stuff with her suggesting he do stuff and telling him what she likes, particularly that line where she says she could get used to how the light glints off his bird mask, coupled with a few minions even commenting on how she's risking a lot to help out PK, and also when both Percy and Baz make comments about her eying PK, plus when Mona runs off and accuses PK of being into the Magicist all together made it seem like she had a thing for him and that was why she was helping him out, and was being not-so-subtle about it but PK is totally not noticing because he's too into Mona to care.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Oct 9, 2015

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Phantasium posted:

Yeah, you could spend that money on Double Dragon!

Thank you, someone that read that piece of beauty.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'd rather have Plague Knight. Imagine his recovery options... :allears:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'm bummed the coop is only on Wii U, what bullshit. Wonder why they couldn't do it on 3DS... even if it's local play only you can still do that on 3DS with local wifi.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

jivjov posted:

Incorrect.

No, objectively correct, despite your biased leanings.

It's a very real question as to whether Nintendo will ever have a mainstream console that can stand toe to toe with whatever Sony and Microsoft can plan out, again. The Wii U sold like hot rear end.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

That's pretty silly considering how well the wii dominated

The Wii sold well over 7 years ago. It's pretty irrelevant now.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I think you guys are missing my point. Saturn owners said the same things 15 years ago, and by and large they were correct. Doesn't change the economics of the situation, Nintendo has lost a LOT of money off the Wii U.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

Perhaps, but the original Wii was incredibly successful even if it did mostly piss me off and the original NES revitalised a dead industry - the SNES was also very successful. I realise that there are two major consoles fighting it out with them right now, but I'm not willing to count Nintendo out yet especially with whispers that they are already working on their next console. Even if they did bow out of the console market while Sony and MS stay in, their core titles are still amazingly popular and they would continue to sell on other systems, if they went that route. Ever since the original X-Box there has been no reason to own both the MS console and the Sony one, and if either Sony or MS managed to get exclusive rights to publish Mario games, they would have a huge leg up on the other.

Right, which is exactly the same story as SEGA with the Genesis and Saturn. They will probably just move whole-hog to the portable market because they're murdering it there... I get the feeling even if we never see another Nintendo home console again, they'll never license their IPs to anyone else and eberything will just be portable from then on.

But anyway, enough derail. Need more shovel... just bought the 3DS theme in preparation!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Sade posted:

The manager at my gamestop told me it's store policy not to do preorders on anything but consoles and software, generally speaking.

Yeah, not taking pre-orders for a doll sounds pretty reasonable.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

elf help book posted:

Is there a difference between using the free soundtrack coupon included in the physical copy of the game or just going to Virt's bandcamp and naming your price to $0? Is this just a coupon so someone doesn't feel guilty doing that?

You should pay virt and not be a dick. He's a good guy.

Otherwise use the coupon because, well, you have one. But donating zero is supremely dickheaded, just on principle.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kaubocks posted:

Since it's on sale I picked up a Wii U copy of the game to complement my 3DS copy. Now I can experience a full screen, Miiverse integration, and my amiibo can be used in both versions! :toot:

now I just need someone to play co-op with

One day you'll find your Mona, buddy. Keep your beak up.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I wanted a Mr Hat campaign, personally.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Please, Yacht Club, don't tempt me with an offer of a Mario RPG game starring Shovel, Shield and the other Knights. Please. I will cry.

Fuuuuck, I was gonna vote A Metroid because that style is my crack, but now I'm torn... :negative:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Calaveron posted:

I never got around to playing pk's campaign. Do I get it off the eshop?

Update the game, it's a free upgrade.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Specter Knight looks cool as poo poo. Not Plague Knight cool, but close!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

The X-Box One version is the best just to purchase.

The Wii U one is probably the best overall but only if you have a Shovel Knight Amiibo.

The Vita version is the best portable version but if you buy the PS4 version it's cross buy.

In short buy them all.

Yeah, No, gently caress you the 3DS version beats the pants off of Vita specifically because the 3D is awesome. The Amiibo also works although there's no coop.

Nihilarian posted:

EDIT: for Plague Knight's DLC, is his bomb customization done on the 3ds touch screen or do you still have to pause to switch anything?

You can swap it on the fly with the touch screen or you can pause and do it. You can also pause it and then still use the touchscreen, which is pretty great.

Also the Shovel Knight 3DS theme is amazing.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Nov 2, 2016

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

Wait, this HAPPENS on non-3ds platforms? That's super gross and dumb, why did they let that happen?

Because it's easier and lazier to do that when the resolutions vary rather than scale poo poo up 1:1

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Next game has SotN level graphics and effects and from the start you're exploring an open world in a similar vein to Metroid/SotN and as you rescue other knights from the Order of No Quarter they join your team and become the hidden traversal mechanics to access new areas and secrets.

Mole Knight can tunnel into new areas and survive hot areas.
Polar Knight can traverse the ice area without slipping, taking cold damage, or freezing.
Propeller Knight can do super flight and reach high areas.
Spectre Knight can phase through grates and run up walls.
Treasure Knight has a secrets radar that reveals hidden areas on the map and has a higher drop rate.
Plague Knight can blow up obstacles and launch him(her)self across chasms.
Tinker Knight can repair ancient machines and robots to open routes or commander mechanical enemies to fight for you.
King Knight is a badass fighter and has a Royal Seal type key to open a major door or two, and can glide with his cape.

Shield Knight is available as an alternate campaign, or you can 2 player coop with her(him) and either of you can swap to other knights, round robin style.

A man can dream. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Yeah, SK is the only Amiibo I bothered getting. Med that poo poo yesterday.

• Locked thread