Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Misbiopy
Jun 13, 2010

Boogaleeboo posted:

It's like 2 days, and when you come on there will probably be a guild for you to join and poo poo and higher level players to mentor your rear end or whatever that 15% xp boost dealy is.

At level 50 you can take on disciples and give them like two and a half hours a day of +15% exp and maybe some other boosts but like Grithok was the only person who cared enough in closed beta to grind to 50 when the characters were going to be wiped. Guild can hold feasts, those give a lot of experience, and probably improve as the feast hall is upgraded. Guild events are very good experience. Trying to grind levels exclusively through killing mobs is crazy but running the bot while you are asleep can get you sometimes two full levels, depends on whether it runs out of money for healing or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
It is better than that. The tutor can give 15% exp every 30 minutes all day long. The student can request it 5 times a day say if the tutor wasn't online.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

It is better than that. The tutor can give 15% exp every 30 minutes all day long. The student can request it 5 times a day say if the tutor wasn't online.

uh oh!

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

not really were just going to max ourselves out asap

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Running the bot is also, at least at lower levels, a really good way to upgrade equipment since it can be set to auto-upgrade your stuff using the greens that drop while grinding.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Dirk the Average posted:

Running the bot is also, at least at lower levels, a really good way to upgrade equipment since it can be set to auto-upgrade your stuff using the greens that drop while grinding.

Yeah that's a good point though I'd try to run all the swordsman quests for hero tokens to get blues then upgrade those. There's a serious difference in the ranks of blue and green items. I haven't seen a purple or gold.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
How important would you say gear is, both in general and....lets say in comparison to Wushu? I know in Age of Wushu the quality of my throwing items on my Tang could make a *massive* difference in the amount of damage I put out.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Boogaleeboo posted:

How important would you say gear is, both in general and....lets say in comparison to Wushu? I know in Age of Wushu the quality of my throwing items on my Tang could make a *massive* difference in the amount of damage I put out.

Well since we couldn't really get that far into meridians, gear played a huge difference as in thousands of DPS or tanking on specific items. fights where I would work my rear end off to a close victory or loss would have played out quite differently if I had the gear I equipped closer to the end of the beta. This being said I didn't actually level past 42 the end week. Though if you know how to chain CC gear won't mean poo poo

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

At level 40 I had questing gear. I had about 2K exo attack. Then I got dungeon gear and had about 5K. Then I upgraded it and had about 6K. It makes a good bit of difference in dungeons and open pvp but is really easy to get.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I'm totally playing a woman so I can marry and have the stupid cart parade around the main town.

Misbiopy
Jun 13, 2010

Boogaleeboo posted:

Important, but moreso in PVE than in PVP, because I saw nothing to make people immune to being chain-cced into oblivion. The very most ridiculous gear is going to take a lot of work to get, but we can get...five star? gear from the open PVP dungeon boss in Mount Shaolin, which we should probably try to actually kill enough to figure out how practical it is.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Forer posted:

I think that was bio, I just did what everyone else did and turned into a fat man who juggled and stole money from NPC.

It was me you heathens. I posted pics of it in the Wushu thread.

If we roll up on US East, I'd like us to not necessarily start all guild events at 7:00 PM EST. That's like, 4:00 PM PST, which fucks over our west coasties. I'd say we start more at 8:00 PM EST or maybe even later if we only have one event to do. Something to consider once we start rolling in events.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jun 30, 2014

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It takes like 5 hours to get to the thirties in this game. 5 hours in AoW got you like 3 levels into your first school internal.

Also AoW has been turning less and less sandboxy with each patch. Right now most of the content people are going trough are pve weather events (that are on a set, predictable schedule) and faction grind (which is an entire WoW esque daily quest grind for rep). A lot of the "sandbox" elements in the game have been abandoned by the player base because they are busy going on the new rides or simply because Snail ineptitude has rendered them horribly unfun and/or unrewarding.

On that i have to agree. my daily 2-3 hour playtime on a weekday are completely swallowed by Peach island daily on Wushu right now, not even time for instances.

Sigh. If only the new chinagame was not class locked i would have jumped over without looking back. Grah, gently caress it. 10$ is not the end of the world and with luck the now blade set will be nothing but a retooled yangyang blade. I think ill try 5 venoms for main this time.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
Oh right, Something that I didn't think was said yet for anyone who didn't play.

The Quake posted:

Didn't pony up the 10 dollars for the early access since I don't even think Id take much advantage of it. Also I'm going to try to level up by only grinding (I'm mentally retarded).

This is stupid, because when you're actually in the game, in the top right is your quest log.

If you have a quest "Talk to Jimbob Jones" You can click the name and it'll path you to the person. The game has a free world teleporter in every single zone and it'll take the smart route TO the postman, then to the zone you need to be in where jimbob jones is in, then it'll automatically talk to him and wait for you to press a button to complete the quest.

If you need to kill mobs for a quest it will say "Kill Ornery Emu 0/10" and you will autopath to the enemy and automatically attack it.

If you need to grab stuff for a quest, it will say "Collect Dongcopters 0/5" and if dongcopters are something on the map that you can just pick up, it'll automatically path to them and start to pick them up. If Dongcopters drop from an enemy it will actually say "Collect Dongcopters 0/5 from Pissed Off Jellyfish" and you can just click the jellyfish portion to path & kill. If it's something that drops from more than one enemy like Snokeweed it'll bring up a help box that lists the mobs that drop snokeweed and where they are, all clickable so you can just path & kill.

Quests are REALLY easy to do and REALLY mindnumbingly simple. Press the underlined thing, go read SA, wait till you get to the zone, kill some dudes, press the underlined thing to go back to the quest giver, read SA some more, hand in the quest.

You also get a LOT of quests in one area available to you at one time, so you can go to collect snokeweed AND crocodile teeth at the same time, and then after that take a five second trip over to grab tassels off of some dudes hat and then go take another five second trip to get broken swords from a dude, and take one big trip back to where all the quest collectors are.

it's also why it really sucks that at level 39 all the quests dry up and you need to start doing OTHER things (Bamboo dreams event, Self-Cultivation the botting thing) but I guess they have to make sure you do them somehow. After 40 also the quests start having harsher requirements "Hey you need to be level 45 (For this quest you CAN do right now at 40 but shut up and grind)" but I can't say too much about them past 45

Edit: Oh right, and if you click on your map, OR on your questtrackershit, you will auto-horse if it's further than a little bit.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Forer posted:

Oh right, Something that I didn't think was said yet for anyone who didn't play.

This is stupid, because when you're actually in the game, in the top right is your quest log.

If you have a quest "Talk to Jimbob Jones" You can click the name and it'll path you to the person. The game has a free world teleporter in every single zone and it'll take the smart route TO the postman, then to the zone you need to be in where jimbob jones is in, then it'll automatically talk to him and wait for you to press a button to complete the quest.

If you need to kill mobs for a quest it will say "Kill Ornery Emu 0/10" and you will autopath to the enemy and automatically attack it.

If you need to grab stuff for a quest, it will say "Collect Dongcopters 0/5" and if dongcopters are something on the map that you can just pick up, it'll automatically path to them and start to pick them up. If Dongcopters drop from an enemy it will actually say "Collect Dongcopters 0/5 from Pissed Off Jellyfish" and you can just click the jellyfish portion to path & kill. If it's something that drops from more than one enemy like Snokeweed it'll bring up a help box that lists the mobs that drop snokeweed and where they are, all clickable so you can just path & kill.

Quests are REALLY easy to do and REALLY mindnumbingly simple. Press the underlined thing, go read SA, wait till you get to the zone, kill some dudes, press the underlined thing to go back to the quest giver, read SA some more, hand in the quest.

You also get a LOT of quests in one area available to you at one time, so you can go to collect snokeweed AND crocodile teeth at the same time, and then after that take a five second trip over to grab tassels off of some dudes hat and then go take another five second trip to get broken swords from a dude, and take one big trip back to where all the quest collectors are.

it's also why it really sucks that at level 39 all the quests dry up and you need to start doing OTHER things (Bamboo dreams event, Self-Cultivation the botting thing) but I guess they have to make sure you do them somehow. After 40 also the quests start having harsher requirements "Hey you need to be level 45 (For this quest you CAN do right now at 40 but shut up and grind)" but I can't say too much about them past 45

There's a content gap from midway through 38-40. Once you hit 40 you get the repeatably "Wonderous World" quests from the hobo, and the daily bounty board as well as bamboo forest, guild stuff, and other dailies. Basically if you get over the 38-40 hump it becomes a bit easier to find what to do, but you DO need to deviate from the storyline quests.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Haroshia posted:

There's a content gap from midway through 38-40. Once you hit 40 you get the repeatably "Wonderous World" quests from the hobo, and the daily bounty board as well as bamboo forest, guild stuff, and other dailies. Basically if you get over the 38-40 hump it becomes a bit easier to find what to do, but you DO need to deviate from the storyline quests.

Oh right, I completely forgot about hoboquests, which had some of my favorite ones.

"Go turn this stove on for this person"

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Forer posted:

Oh right, I completely forgot about hoboquests, which had some of my favorite ones.

"Go turn this stove on for this person"

Oh I'm not going to say they aren't boring as gently caress and repetitive. You can just autopilot them though and they're extremely short.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf

Haroshia posted:

If we roll up on US East, I'd like us to not necessarily start all guild events at 7:00 PM EST. That's like, 4:00 PM PST, which fucks over our west coasties. I'd say we start more at 8:00 PM EST or maybe even later if we only have one event to do. Something to consider once we start rolling in events.

This would be a problem to europeans though, since 7pm est is 2am here in gmt+3, going much later would bring up the AoW problem again where it's not feasible to attend guild events at all(its already pretty bad)

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Delerion posted:

This would be a problem to europeans too, since 7pm est is 2am here in gmt+3, going much later would bring up the AoW problem again where it's not feasible to attend guild events at all(its already pretty bad)

Well 7:00 PM EST is the earliest we can do guild stuff.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

That is why we made the poll but you guys want goku.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf

Haroshia posted:

Well 7:00 PM EST is the earliest we can do guild stuff.

And like i said 7pm is still somewhat manageable, starting later gets nasty.

Maybe make a compromise and hold some guild events earlier and others later.

Delerion fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 30, 2014

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

That is why we made the poll but you guys want goku.

Goku is the best choice for players living in Asia/Oceania :colbert:

Timezones are pretty much hosed for us either way.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
Anyone is able to buy the starter pack now ? The ARC page for it give a 404 but since i never bough anything from PW before i may be doing something wrong.

If anyone could point me in the correct direction i would be glad.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Yesterday was the last day to buy them i think.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Delerion posted:

Yesterday was the last day to buy them i think.

Genttly caress artificial rarity as a way to boost sales. I will see you on real OB opening then.

Edit - From the facebook we should have untill 11:59 PDT tonight. Also i'm apparently not the only one unable to get in to buy the packs.

Double edit. Gently caress facebook timestamp. i missed the buy date. See you on thursday.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 30, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Can't find it on the store anymore, but the op and the store had said sunday night was the last day.

It has been removed from the store.

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/swordsman/detail/6001773-open-beta-date-and-new-trailer!

quote:

Early Access is Possible! Purchase a pack by June 29th
To become a true Hero in Jianghu, you will want the Hero Pack, suitable for anyone who is looking to get to the top as fast as possible! Inside you'll be given rare pets, mounts, items, and more that will make your journey of revenge unforgettable and highly enjoyable.

If you feel like just a small boost at the start is all you need, then the Starter Pack can fulfill your needs!

Purchasing either the Hero Pack or Starter Pack by 11:59 PM PDT Sunday June 29th will enter you into the Early Access Open Beta which starts on July 1st, 2014. You'll be able to log in ahead of everyone, giving you a head start on your journey to the top.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

aleksendr posted:

Genttly caress artificial rarity as a way to boost sales. I will see you on real OB opening then.

Edit - From the facebook we should have untill 11:59 PDT tonight. Also i'm apparently not the only one unable to get in to buy the packs.

Double edit. Gently caress facebook timestamp. i missed the buy date. See you on thursday.

You know that the not logged in filter is what changes "gently caress" to "Gently Caress" right? You can type gently caress. It isn't like an SA me me where you type that.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Hey haro

Go gently caress your self

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Hey haro

:eyepop:

And the big guns come out.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Hey haro

Only if you'll walk me through how to on mumble senpai.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Grith here's something we can ad to the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_etl_qkelX0

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Anyone know what time the early access beta will be starting?

I figured midnight PDT, but I've lost sleep too many times on such assumptions. Gotta get my E'mei fix.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Haroshia posted:

Only if you'll walk me through how to on mumble senpai.

Really the only reason anyone comes in mumble is to listen to Reggin's dulcet tones.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

This....definitely sounds good. The fact that it isn't run by goddamn Snail is a major plus. Seriously that's enough of a reason right there.

Unfortunately I'm a loser who missed out on the early access 10bux pack so I'll be seeing you guys on the 3rd. Possibly with alts because that's a thing that can be done because this game isn't run by goddamn Snail :allears:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

BERGfu posted:

Grith here's something we can ad to the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_etl_qkelX0

Gotta go with the classics son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLtPxj0s188

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Get me enough videos to hide them in the menu.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
I played a bit of harmony during closed beta, and I found it relatively enjoyable. I kind of don't want to be a 1v1 only piece of poo poo though.

How are Sun and Moon or Tong at group pvp?

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Saradiart posted:

I played a bit of harmony during closed beta, and I found it relatively enjoyable. I kind of don't want to be a 1v1 only piece of poo poo though.

How are Sun and Moon or Tong at group pvp?

Something to remember is if you have a high priority target as sun & moon or tong I think can do it too, You can jump on them. If the opponent has a five venom that you're afraid is going to ice you all, you just permanently lock the five venom down and have your other two dudes fight the other two dudes on their team. OBVIOUSLY it's more complex than this but, if something's good in 1v1 it should bleed over at least a little into the group PVP.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

What time are the servers opening up tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

They apparently announce this the day of but the last beta was open at 5PM est.

Yah I don't know.

• Locked thread