Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Third World Reggin posted:

Features - You will gain access to more of these every 5 or 10 levels
No gay marriage

I like to think this means that you are gay married until you unlock the option to not be gay married.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The eternal question: E'mei or Tong?

I kind of want to shoot people in the face, but I also kind of like healing and poo poo too. I think I will literally flip a coin.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's like 2 days, and when you come on there will probably be a guild for you to join and poo poo and higher level players to mentor your rear end or whatever that 15% xp boost dealy is.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
How important would you say gear is, both in general and....lets say in comparison to Wushu? I know in Age of Wushu the quality of my throwing items on my Tang could make a *massive* difference in the amount of damage I put out.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Baron O Beefdip posted:

So what's the difference between this and Wushu? Why would I play this instead of that?

It looks better and the company involved isn't Snail Games.

e: Sadly the op is wrong and there isn't an actual Pokemon system with child slaves, but most of the other crap is on point.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Man what level was this? Clearly I did not play the beta long enough.

e: Sorry I ever doubted you Reggin, clearly I should have known better.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jul 1, 2014

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Clearly insane Taoist pokemon master must now be my life goal.

e: I also can't believe this isn't something I heard people talking about while playing. I don't know that I'd ever *stop* talking about it.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jul 1, 2014

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
The introduction of little Pokemon dudes to the equation has forced me to go Wu-tang. I must protect and heal my little dude while he picks up poo poo for me, and the Shaolin are filthy Buddhists. Taoist Pokemon Master forever!

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Absurd Revolver posted:

Vermin lairs are fun.

I don't know what the gently caress is going on in that picture.

I don't want to know. I'm just going to assume you got really high with some bug people and then there was a party.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Pavlov posted:

Leveling is super fast. Just make alts.

I honestly believe people should view the leveling as going from level 1, followed directly by level 40, then 41 and on. Those first 37ish levels breeze on by, and then you hit a massive loving wall that slows you down for good.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
I'm surprised everyone went Wu-Tang, heard a lot of people talking Tong and Splendor and Harmony and blah blah blah. And of course the "Which is RG? Sun and Moon? Ok!" group.

I went Wu-Tang too

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

aleksendr posted:

Maybe people choice was affected with memory of how good Wu-Dang was in early AOW day. That and they have the biggest sword, so you know, phallic symbol and all that.

The irony is their most fun set actively throws the sword away to punch people in the face. drat thing is a giant stat carrying paperweight as far as far as I'm concerned.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
40 matters more than some other levels because it unlocks the meridian system. So you can instantly make your dude way stronger or tougher the second you hit 40. Really good gear can hit above it's level, so a dude with tricked out 40 gear has better stats than a dude with untouched 50 gear. And moves aren't really an issue, because you get your last set at [Dun dun dun] 40 and nobody is going to be unlocking hidden sets for a long rear end time.

At the end of the day though skill counts for a lot. If you don't know what your abilities do, don't know how to land them, and don't know how to get out of the way of the other guy's? You dead, I don't care how high a level or how good your gear is.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Hello there, players of Chinagame. Someone might have told you around the torture pit that crafting is useless, that you can just buy potions and get gear with tokens.

Those people are assholes, never listen to those people.

As you wander around killing folks, your little minion will pick up a ton of loot that goes in it's own special bag. This is pretty much ensured to be the stuff to make potions and food. It is very, very cheap to do. Much cheaper than buying it all over time as you get up to level 40. There is no excuse not to get Cooking and Herbalism up.

As for armor/weapons/that other crap, it can get you a lot of buff stats and a unique appearance. DOOOOO IT!

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

The first person to finish the race gets a special title.

Turns out we got like 4 or the 5 or whatever. Evidently nobody else cares about helping random npcs out more than we do.

Goontang: The Tang that Cares.

Also as I took the female protagonist's title, I demand an invite to the prettiest and most effective branch of our guild.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Purple cart raids, events with double xp on, guild events once a day...you'll level fast enough. Also leave your bot on killing things overnight, that'll get xp and upgrade your gear.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
The best part of doing that is you should be able to get the second set in a couple of hours. To base an opinion on the first set you would have literally had to play the game for no time at all.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Carts are eternal, you can always do carts.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
And yes, it's also a new stat box. You can throw gems on it too, it's a fair way to get more of that sweet sweet +numbers.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

Ahem.

HyC is no god. You are thinking of Dele.

Dele is my master, that's pretty swell!

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Is that dude high up in dynasty or something, when I did my roar he talked to me for a bit too.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

He is and has never spoken to me about anything even when he came to our feasts.

To be honest it's generally normal for guys in your position to not be front and center poo poo talking. Maybe you'll poo poo talk in a refined forum post or something, but nobody expects you to be PMing every random dickhead talking smack about what is happening. That's what no name members like me are for, and for mid-level officers. It's expected I would roar "More like Dynasty of Unremitting Failure". What happens next is an equally no name member poo poo talks me.

It's weird for the guild leader to start poo poo talking me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

All this bot talk just took away any want and or need to play this game :negative:

Why, it's an in-game bot, it's a tool they give you to use. It mostly helps with crafting, as it can kill things and pick up the mats you need to make potions and food. Also greens to upgrade your equipment. The experience isn't terrible, but you can make the same amount in a single guild event. Of which we always have one, every day.

• Locked thread