Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarren
Apr 13, 2004

Keru posted:

Osamodas + anything. Osamodas are that easy to win with in pve, but it gets very dull to just 'summon stuff, whip it for damage boosts, repeat'.

Any other ideas? Summoners are kinda boring, if that's what they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Sarren posted:

Any other ideas? Summoners are kinda boring, if that's what they are.

Literally any class can work well with a water Enrispa, Ecaflip, Masq, or even Sadida, all of which are healers.

You haven't offered up any idea on what you or your friend want to do, so we can't really give advice.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Guys, we have to move to Sufokia.

Regular/Bonta/Amakna/Brakmar/Sufokia

I want to ride a bright blue dragoturkey

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

KittyEmpress posted:

Guys, we have to move to Sufokia.

Regular/Bonta/Amakna/Brakmar/Sufokia

I want to ride a bright blue dragoturkey

if by blue you mean red then yes i agree we all go to brakmar

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Wait how do I get a dragon turkey

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Tallgeese posted:

Wait how do I get a dragon turkey

Next patch is introducing mounts

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I love how Amakma has the worst-looking one.

Brain Fog
Dec 27, 2012
I can't wait to get my golden dragoturkey.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
The game is a lot more engaging when you actually know what the hell is going on. It's a massive pain in the rear end to keep crafting professions up to date, though. Should I just focus on a couple of them?

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Heavy neutrino posted:

The game is a lot more engaging when you actually know what the hell is going on. It's a massive pain in the rear end to keep crafting professions up to date, though. Should I just focus on a couple of them?

Trapping + Handyman are the most useful, and not really that bad even if you hate crafting.

Trapping lets you repopulate enemies and Handyman is really good for dungeon keys. You can always offload materials for bag making on someone else

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

I actually don't hate crafting. I like it a lot, so much that people made fun of me for crafting the Royal Piwi set (fine I agree it's terrible but the white coloring is so slick). Harvesting professions are pretty easy to keep up to date (even miner isn't so bad if you treat it as some menial thing to occupy your hands while you listen to some lecture/podcast), but keeping a couple crafting professions up to date is pretty brutal.

I've been putting a lot of attention into handyman as it's where extra inventory space comes from (along with Leather Dealer), but I'm starting to wonder whether keeping the whole set of armor crafting profs (Leather, Tailor, Armorer, Jeweler) is worth it.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
Royal Piwi is actually a very good set if you're being powerleveled. It gives a significant amount of wisdom so you can wear it and laugh at goons when you're 4 levels higher than the other guys being carried in your party.

edit: they removed the wisdom from the set because Wakfu. :ankama:

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I just spam crafting stuff while my friends afk randomly while we're trying to do dungeons....

When is generally a good time to get an invite to the goon guild?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Wezlar posted:

I just spam crafting stuff while my friends afk randomly while we're trying to do dungeons....

When is generally a good time to get an invite to the goon guild?

Literally any time. Everyone has invite privileges, and even at 3AM we tend to have 3-4 people on

Childre Inarabitta
Jul 22, 2007

Frozen Funeral Death Rabbit
Sram sucks. Please don't play it. If you currently are, please stop. It's not worth it.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

What level are you though?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Arrgytehpirate posted:

What level are you though?

103, you can see in the image.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

KittyEmpress posted:

103, you can see in the image.

Oh, derp. Well, at 66 my damage and survivability are both anemic.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yeah, like we said Sram are extremely late bloomers. But boy do they bloom.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Srams are bad because a majority of the people in this thread are going to be new and probably won't put up with the grind to get to post level 100 content, so if they are playing one now they are just going to think the game blows.

Having a class be justifiably good only after you've poop-socked for a month is a terrible thing to tell new players.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Drythe posted:

Srams are bad because a majority of the people in this thread are going to be new and probably won't put up with the grind to get to post level 100 content, so if they are playing one now they are just going to think the game blows.

Having a class be justifiably good only after you've poop-socked for a month is a terrible thing to tell new players.

If we're going to honest, I think that most classes shouldn't be suggested for new players as a first character.

Honestly, if I had to make a box of those I would suggest, it'd be limited to like, Osamados (Summoner or Dragon), Iop, Cra, Fire Masq, or Rogue

with 'maybes' on Sacrier, Ecaflip (Water definitely is the easiest, and might be good for a noob, but requires some awareness, unlike the five above.), other Masqs, Enutrofs, Foggernauts, Enutrof, and Pandawa

then have Sram, Sadida, Enrispa, Xelor, Earth Osa as a 'not for first characters'

Especially Xelor. In the first week of this thread being up, we probably had 6+ goons make xelors and then nearly get burnt out before making something like a Cra or Iop and being like 'drat this is way less lovely'.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The issue is all those not first character classes have support they can provide. They suck at damage and have a steep learning curve and would make it poor but at least once you learn them you can contribute to a party.

A Sram however can only do damage, and not even until level 100. So a new player along with not being able to solo worth poo poo can't even contribute to a party they are in.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I've been playing water Enu and it seems pretty straight forward if a little bit boring at times. If anyone is around could you toss Wezlar an invite? I don't wanna spam people for invites too much in game!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Spam the hell out of me people, I don't give a poo poo. I'm usually on after work (5:30 EST).

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.
Srams will be more interesting when they're able to bundle up all those stolen stats and move them around, whenever Ankama gets around to it. Eventually.

Childre Inarabitta
Jul 22, 2007

Frozen Funeral Death Rabbit
Hey remember when rogues were good and could send out literally infinite bombs per turn and have a chain explosion of over 4k damage in less than 1 turn of setup?

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

KittyEmpress posted:

If we're going to honest, I think that most classes shouldn't be suggested for new players as a first character.

Honestly, if I had to make a box of those I would suggest, it'd be limited to like, Osamados (Summoner or Dragon), Iop, Cra, Fire Masq, or Rogue

with 'maybes' on Sacrier, Ecaflip (Water definitely is the easiest, and might be good for a noob, but requires some awareness, unlike the five above.), other Masqs, Enutrofs, Foggernauts, Enutrof, and Pandawa

then have Sram, Sadida, Enrispa, Xelor, Earth Osa as a 'not for first characters'

Especially Xelor. In the first week of this thread being up, we probably had 6+ goons make xelors and then nearly get burnt out before making something like a Cra or Iop and being like 'drat this is way less lovely'.

The main problem with Xelor is if you want to be be an +ap giving support dude and use water, it's gunna take you 55+ levels to get all the passives + desynch + clock to really be reliable or useful with bonus AP, and even then you'd probably be happier with a maxed Devotion and Timekeeper too. Plus, content is honestly not hard enough, and allies are not powerful enough yet for +2-5 ap to be that much more valuable than blowing poo poo up yourself. At high levels dps classes seem to grow exponentially in power (like that Sram), so I could see giving AP to the powerhouse of the group being way more important then. Still, giving yourself/someone else 5 AP is pretty awesome, and it starts to become semi-common at 60~ with 4 actually being the norm.

I don't know much about fire Xelor but I'd guess they'd be a much smarter option for newbies considering they apparently become one of the premier AOE damage classes in the game.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

The real problem with Xelors is that there is rarely, if ever, a point in using them. They do way subpar DPS in water form (like, a fifth of a true DPS class), and yeah they can steal AP... but if you just kick the Xelor from the team, instead of getting 5 AP every other turn (tock) you can get a whole extra DPS slot to fill, which would easily have 8-9 AP of their own.

Edit: Or an extra healer. Or other support type, really, unfortunately.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 15, 2014

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

I played through the tutorial the other day and the game seems pretty interesting, but unfortunately I've gotten stuck with a bug that doesn't let me connect to the game servers. I googled a little bit and it seems like a recurring issue for some people that the devs have no clue how to fix. Has anybody found a way to avoid this bug?

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

KittyEmpress posted:

This is a good idea, I may add something like this to the OP. I'm not wild on the idea of steering people away from certain classes if they think they look cool but some of those in the latter category (Eniripsa/Xelor especially) are a one-way trip to burnout town if you don't have high-level Multimen or a high level account to box or really, really good friends who will always be there to level with you and will forgive you for 60+ levels of uselessness. I don't think any of those classes are particularly bad per say but the time investment needed to get to the point where they shine is too steep for someone trying to decide if they like the game or not.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

This is a good idea, I may add something like this to the OP. I'm not wild on the idea of steering people away from certain classes if they think they look cool but some of those in the latter category (Eniripsa/Xelor especially) are a one-way trip to burnout town if you don't have high-level Multimen or a high level account to box or really, really good friends who will always be there to level with you and will forgive you for 60+ levels of uselessness. I don't think any of those classes are particularly bad per say but the time investment needed to get to the point where they shine is too steep for someone trying to decide if they like the game or not.

No love for the Feca :(

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Voting time!

At the time of writing this post, we have 7,815 guild experience points and are level 6. We'll be able to get another 4,000 this week before we hit the weekly cap of 7,500. As such, we have a couple of options on what to research next. Here are our options:

1.) Research Chest II. This upgrade will give us a second bank tab, which we can fill with more bread/gear/keys. This costs 5,000 credits.

2.) Research Wisdom Bonus I. This upgrade provides a constant +5 Wisdom to all characters in the guild, which equates to 5% more experience gained from fights. This costs 7,500 credits.

3.) Save for Higher Limit. This upgrade increases the weekly guild experience cap to 9,000, a 20% boost. This costs 27,500 credits, 7,500 of which are needed to upgrade to guild level 7 and 20,000 of which are for the upgrade itself.

Buying Higher Limit will ultimately save us a lot of time in getting all the upgrades, however assuming we continue to cap every week it will take 13 weeks before we will have a net positive from upgrading it over what we would have if we'd skipped it.

Personally I want to go for Higher Limit but I don't know if Goon Squid's interest in Wakfu will persist a full 13 weeks. I guess we could start recruiting pubs if experience slows down.

Please post which of these options you are in favor of and I'll start the next upgrade accordingly.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

Voting time!

At the time of writing this post, we have 7,815 guild experience points and are level 6. We'll be able to get another 4,000 this week before we hit the weekly cap of 7,500. As such, we have a couple of options on what to research next. Here are our options:

1.) Research Chest II. This upgrade will give us a second bank tab, which we can fill with more bread/gear/keys. This costs 5,000 credits.

2.) Research Wisdom Bonus I. This upgrade provides a constant +5 Wisdom to all characters in the guild, which equates to 5% more experience gained from fights. This costs 7,500 credits.

3.) Save for Higher Limit. This upgrade increases the weekly guild experience cap to 9,000, a 20% boost. This costs 27,500 credits, 7,500 of which are needed to upgrade to guild level 7 and 20,000 of which are for the upgrade itself.

Buying Higher Limit will ultimately save us a lot of time in getting all the upgrades, however assuming we continue to cap every week it will take 13 weeks before we will have a net positive from upgrading it over what we would have if we'd skipped it.

Personally I want to go for Higher Limit but I don't know if Goon Squid's interest in Wakfu will persist a full 13 weeks. I guess we could start recruiting pubs if experience slows down.

Please post which of these options you are in favor of and I'll start the next upgrade accordingly.

Chest, then Higher Limit : The chest costs less than one week's worth of credit and gives an immediate and useful benefit for the whole guild, but at the same time with Higher Limit it goes to say that earlier you start, the earlier you start paying it off - however, Chest delays this with less than a week's worth of points, but gives a benefit immediately instead of weeks later.

The experience isn't even worth considering, I feel.

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jul 15, 2014

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I have been dicking around a bit with Xelor. I skipped the tutorial first time and thus had no gear and did no damage so I did a do-over and did the tutorial and still do no real damage.

I still like the class but after the post(s) above I figured IŽd roll a new character with a "beginner" class so I can get going.

What would you recommend?

What seems fun to me are, in order:

Water Ecaflip
Fire Osamoda
Fire Masque
Fire Iop

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Honestly, I'd pick up Wisdom, then save for Higher Limit. I'm not sure what the guild bank situation is, if we're constantly full on items in it or what, but the constant, irrevocable Wisdom bonus would add up over time. ex: 750000 exp would translate to a bonus 37,500 which isn't bad; getting that constantly is even better.

Also I'm level 60 Handyman, woo. Trying for 75 like I mentioned earlier; if you need bags or keys or something made let me know!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

milward posted:

I have been dicking around a bit with Xelor. I skipped the tutorial first time and thus had no gear and did no damage so I did a do-over and did the tutorial and still do no real damage.

I still like the class but after the post(s) above I figured IŽd roll a new character with a "beginner" class so I can get going.

What would you recommend?

What seems fun to me are, in order:

Water Ecaflip
Fire Osamoda
Fire Masque
Fire Iop

Water ecaflip will do the least damage of those, but is very sustainable damages with self heals and stuff. Fire osamados is basically saying you want to play a summoner, which are good until level 120 or so, and due to having summons tend to be hardy.

Fire masq has some amazing aoe skills, and gets more damaging every time it is hit. Unlike a sacrier, it doesnt rely on damage done, meaning you can be healed to full with no downside. Fire iop also gets some good aoes, I don't know much about them except that most hope supplement fire with air.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Iop is you get Fire and Air and hit them with whatever it is weakest against. Air has some of the best damage to AP and fire has large rear end AoEs

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I think IŽll go for fire Masque then, thanks.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I should point out that every time I've grouped with a Masq they've done fairly poor damage and it usually results in me being the only one to actually hurt things. That's from limited Masqs in the guild and pubbies mind you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

I feel like you guys are slamming Xelors a bit too hard. As long as you don't make the horrible mistake of picking the water specialization, you're going to do okay-ish damage in the early game, and I never really felt weak or unable to solo.

Part of the issue, I think, is that Xelors' spell AP ratios are based around the numbers that they get when the Xelor's specialties are all maxed, and the Xelor has amazing damage-boosting specialties in Xelor's Dial, Temporal Prism and Rollback. Once you max out the first two and get a reasonable level in the third, I guarantee you're not going to feel weak. Another issue is that Xelor is definitely a ramp-up class. You're going to spend turn one putting down the dial and charging up Temporal Prism; you're probably going to spend turn two also charging up Temporal Prism unless there's something else that you really want to do; turn three is when you start to let it rip, and it's understandable that people might feel useless if everything is dead by that point. I certainly don't think Xelors are bad, just for the love of God don't specialize in Water. Do fire/air with some throwaway experience in Time Control to charge up Temporal Prism faster

As for the vote, I'm in favor of Chest so we can leave more stuff for the newbies.

• Locked thread