Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
E: If anyone wants to make another thread for this, drop me a PM and ill make sure to link you off this one. Would I recommend this game anymore? Probably not, but its free, so try it anyway.

WEBSITE // STEAM // GAME UPDATES // STEAM GROUP

IN ONE SENTENCE: Asymmetric, 3rd person, 4v4 Team Deathmatch. Vampires vs Vampire Hunters.

quote:

Nosgoth is a competitive, team-based Human versus Vampire free-to-play multiplayer experience set in the brutal fantasy world of the Legacy of Kain series.

It very much reminds me of Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead 2's Vs Mode (san's horde zombies and with arena gameplay) and I've been having a heck of a good time with it. I'm a big fan of the Legacy of Kain games and while I'm disappointed its not single player (more on that later), i cannot deny this game has charm.

So lets get the elephant in the room dealt with right off the bat:

quote:

Nosgoth is a Free-To-Play game. When we enter Open Beta, Nosgoth will be available at no cost. We made the decision to go to free-to-play to break down barriers and let as many players into the game as possible. Nosgoth is NOT 'Pay-2-Win' - One of our key goals has been to create a fair experience that doesn't penalise players who don’t spend money in the game.

For everyone who didn't leave as soon as they saw "Free to Play" (A feeling I can empathise with), You start with two classes unlocked on each side, with a token rewarded every 5 levels. Six hours later and i have two more classes unlocked with the first classes still feeling real fun. Ingame money is earned by playing, which can be spent on unlocks that last a week or can be made permanent at an increased cost. Real money can be used instead if you are so inclined.

Its no Planetside 2's Rent-A-Gun feature, but I'll take it. Past that its vanity crap and the cash shop feels mild by my own experiences of other F2P games. I've really do not see a need to buy Runestones, as I dont need to play pretty princess dressup with my Vampire. :allears:

It does have, during the beta that is, the obnoxious "Founders Pack" garbage. I know some people are more tolerant to these things but seeing a £150+ package is certainly cause for my eyebrows to rise. The cheapest you can buy your way into the beta is £2.99, but thats a limited time thing. Full price is £11.99. It does come with 4k of their funny money to sweeten the deal.

:siren: Heard horror stories about this being a cashgrab F2P Game? If you want to treat it like any other game, fire it up, play some rounds and if you enjoy it, head on over here! (steam link) to drop money on getting everything forever! :siren:

GAMEPLAY

Being asymetrical, the humans are ranged focus and the vampires are melee. The gameplay itself is better explained with a few videos then me prattling on explaining things most have seen before.

TEAM DEATHMATCH: Classic "Kill 'em till a cap or a timer!" Available right away, kill's cap at 30 and you get a round as both factions. The total kills accumulated by a team decides the winner.

SIEGE: Capture driven gameplay. Humans are out to capture objectives, vampires need to stop them. Humans get 5 points per capture, vampires get 1 per kill. This encourages aggressive human play and is an interesting formula change.

NEW RECRUIT: No need for a video but i jammed in the third one here anyway, its Team Deathmatch but with a twist, only available between 1-10, its designed for new players to not get crushed by well geared veterans.

FUTURE MODE?: In the section marked WHAT'S COMING UP IN NOSGOTH, "NEW GAME MODE: Following Siege mode which we added for the launch of closed beta, our second new mode is currently in the works!"

HUMANS: Focus on ranged, heal at static points on the map, lack any passive regeneration. Working together is absolutely critical, going solo means you're food. Finding a spot, usually with good cover or a nearby place to heal and bunkering down for a short time is good gameplay.

Cannot be overstated enough, you go solo, you're already a corpse.

VAMPIRES: Melee focus, passive regeneration that seems to be half of your maximum, main source of healing is executing downed humans. You are a pack of wolves, hunt as one or suffer a humiliating defeat.

PERKS: Every day you will get two free perks, one for humans and one for vampires. They include (but are not limited too) the following:

HUMAN
Tinkerer - +10% clip size, +20% ammo capacity.
Fleet Footed - +20% sprint speed.
Quick Wits - Reduces ability cooldowns by 15%.

VAMPIRE
Bloodlust - 15% increase to attack and movement speed for a few seconds following a kill.
Feast - 25% increase to health restored when executing a human.
Undying Wisdom - Reduces ability cooldowns by 15%.

These can be unlocked for a time, or forever, using ingame or real money.

WHATS COMING UP: Scroll down to "Whats coming up in Nosgoth.", as of writing we have:

MISC:

Its worth saying, Nosgoth is a pretty game. Its has good art, its locations are varied, even if they share a ruined urban theme to them. I will try to get some more screenshots on more stomp heavy games, the internet is seemingly wanting for a change. :raise:

As a few fans have rightfully pointed out in the past, this game got published, another Legacy of Kain did not. That game was titled LEGACY OF KAIN: DEAD SUN and some of its resources have appeared on the net. Friendly link warning, its a Wikia but easy enough to google it.

Apparently it got canned when it was far along in development because Square Enix are a bunch of dummies who decided that the new Tomb Raider didn't get the billions and billions they deserved and lashed out at Legacy of Kain.

Truth or not, lets not let that ruin fun. This is a fun game for picking up and putting down an hour later. Having said that however i feel it would be remiss to not mention the other games in the franchise.

LEGACY OF KAIN

What could i say that hasn't already been said foundly about the Legacy of Kain franchise? Not alot really! I'm very found of them but i would say that age hasn't been that kind to the gameplay of the earlier titles.

BLOOD OMEN

Go forth as Kain, series "protagonist" and center of our little tale of Nosgoth. Risen from Death to avenge himself upon his murderers, twists and turns abound in this... top down adventure game? Hey, product of its time. Not sure where your going to find this nowadays, so i gave you a link to a Letsplay of it on the Archives. You're welcome! :downs:

SOUL REAVER // GOG.

Go forth as Raziel, reoccurring "protagonist" and-... wait a minute... Lost my train of thought. Soul Reaver was a clever, entertaining game for its time, even if it had many a block pushing puzzle within. The storytelling and voice acting was superb, the material was entertainingly gothic and our hero is a questionable one at that.

It was kind of like Lara Croft with soul eating monster and blood sucking fiends. Whats more to say?

SOUL REAVER 2 // GOG.

Soul Reaver ended on a cliffhanger due to budget and time limitations, thankfully it got a squeal that continues the story, gives it a nicer lick of paint and more blocks to push around! Once again, the storytelling carries this show, the puzzles are a fun side.

BLOOD OMEN 2 // GOG.

I...honestly never got this title. Heard good things but more of the same as Soul Reaver. Suprise twist, you get to play as Kain again!

LEGACY OF KAIN: DEFIANCE // GOG.

I'd say this is the best one, fun combat, fun puzzles, good storytelling. Sadly by this point the plot is pretty labyrinthine, its no Kingdom Hearts, but its getting there. I'd still say play this one because, unless I'm mis-remembering, it comes with decent plot recaps of previous events that are not rudely dumped into the main narrative.

Hey it all comes in a bundle too! Who'd a thought.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
As for Blood Omen, I dont know the stance on abandonware (if it even is) or if its for sale elsewhere then Steam and GoG. Feel free to post if it can be found and its not :filez: See Next post.

Knock yourselves out about regarding LOK, its a good set of games but its storytelling is what sells it for me. Looking back on it i liked it in the same way i liked Portal. Superb Storytelling, puzzles on the side.

RIP Tony Jay, it just wont be the same elder god without ya.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Apr 11, 2015

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Thyrork posted:

As for Blood Omen, I dont know the stance on abandonware (if it even is) or if its for sale elsewhere then Steam and GoG. Feel free to post if it can be found and its not :filez:

For what it's worth, the PSOne edition is available on EU PSN, so I guess it's probably not abandonware. :shrug:

Soul Reaver 1 is also available, also in PSOne form.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
You should add a section that just says how to play this for free (unless that's not possible.) Just to make it as easy as possible for people to try it out.

EDIT: I don't know if you can play for free but if you buy it through their website the veteran pack is 75% off (25% more than steam!) Dunno what it entails but hey it's good info.

SoggyGravy fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 28, 2014

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

SoggyGravy posted:

You should add a section that just says how to play this for free (unless that's not possible.) Just to make it as easy as possible for people to try it out.

EDIT: I don't know if you can play for free but if you buy it through their website the veteran pack is 75% off (25% more than steam!) Dunno what it entails but hey it's good info.

Free to play comes with open beta, which is not planned anytime soon. Should have been clearer on that detail but its plenty clear now. :v:

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

SoggyGravy posted:

Yeah, it's in closed beta, so the only ways to get in is to either pay or enter one of the many giveaways they had a couple of weeks back. They'll probably do more before opening the beta.

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Gonna say it's a pretty good game, kind of like Left 4 Dead but with vampires and maniac vampire hunters and screaming. Mostly screaming.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Good game, here have some invite Keys everyone. Grab them before they get lurked.

FABOLE-355-GOZODO-215
CAJUFA-725-JOPOVO-026
DABULE-325-BAXODO-216

They are not steam keys, you have to head over to http://www.nosgoth.com to redeem them.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
edit: keys are out

Also this game is pretty loving good, coming from someone who hated it when it was first unveiled because I have a giant boner for LoK and this seemed totally the wrong direction. Science tells me that it's 150% more fun when you use the evolved skins that make the vampires look like their Soul Reaver evolutions.

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 29, 2014

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Evolution skins? Imperial Guard, all day, every day. :colbert:

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

I've still got 2 keys left. So that some offsite lurker doesn't grab them, they're open to quotes with emails/PMs.

Also this game is pretty loving good, coming from someone who hated it when it was first unveiled because I have a giant boner for LoK and this seemed totally the wrong direction. Science tells me that it's 150% more fun when you use the evolved skins that make the vampires look like their Soul Reaver evolutions.

I'll take one

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Would be interested in hearing more about how you guys found it, speaking as another dude who loves LoK a lot and is totally disappointed we aren't getting more shakespearean ham.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

I've still got 2 keys left. So that some offsite lurker doesn't grab them, they're open to quotes with emails/PMs.

I might give this a try then. I have PMs.

On one hand, it's painful to read about how development of another LoK game got shitcanned and a game had to be rerouted, art assets and development set to a new project, but I guess we might get a fun Nosgoth setpiece game out of it. Still can't believe they let the Razielim be a thing, though.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Pierson posted:

Would be interested in hearing more about how you guys found it, speaking as another dude who loves LoK a lot and is totally disappointed we aren't getting more shakespearean ham.

The quote is somewhat my reaction when i first saw the game advertised on twitch, 'tho in that case it was more about the hypothetical squeal to defiance and not the actual ones in dead sun and the dark prophecy.

While looking up the second games name, i came across this interesting little thing: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594576 Didn't know this franchise had it so rough! :stare:

As for Nosgoth, I saw that advert, then a friend of mine who came back from Dreamhack went all "Hey man i got a beta key for this vampire game, Here ya go!" Two matches later and im sold.

E: Keyposters, you're good sports, thank you for getting more people interested. :unsmith: If i can drum up some more keys ill get them in here.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Keys sent, let me know if one doesn't work, I think I remember which one of the three I have I already gave out but I could be wrong.

Helena P Blavatsky
Oct 17, 2003

onward to victory

Feindfeuer posted:

Good game, here have some invite Keys everyone. Grab them before they get lurked.

FABOLE-355-GOZODO-215
CAJUFA-725-JOPOVO-026
DABULE-325-BAXODO-216

They are not steam keys, you have to head over to http://www.nosgoth.com to redeem them.

I grabbed the third of these, thanks! I'm excited to try this out, never having played a LoK game before really.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

While I played Blood Omen and Soul Reaver back when they were released I never really cared about the series; sure, they were fun titles, but I never was really hooked. So when Nosgoth was announced I didn't feel betrayed, but I also was not very hyped for it either.

I somehow ended up with a Beta key and actually enjoyed the experience, it reminded me a bit of old AvP multiplayer matches. Not directly in terms of gameplay, but how different the two sides feel, both in terms of gameplay and in how you feel playing them. As a human I always feel hunted and watched, with the human healing/resupply mechanic based on static shrines you're always open for an ambush and always have to look around while the vampires know where the places are that you need to stock up on ammo.
On the other hand, the vampires actually feel very aggressive and hunter-like and that is only reinforced by their own heal-mechanic based on dragging away defeated enemies and devouring them. They also rely more on actually succeeding in their ambush, while a hurt human might limp away to a shrine a Vampire will need to eat someone to regain his strenght after a failed ambush.

Overall, the gameplay combined with the nice map layouts just create a very nice setting that makes me almost forget that I'm playing a 4on4 PvP game and am not just hunting vampires/humans in an intensly scripted PvE encounter.

Anyway, after two rounds I bought a founder pack, the only reason I don't play it more often is that most of my friends don't even want to try it. :smith:

:drac: < 'humans are the best medkits.'

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
What exactly is stopping the Hunters from just turtling up in the most defensible location ad infinitum until the Vampires come to them, if there's no L4D style zombies.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Captain Oblivious posted:

What exactly is stopping the Hunters from just turtling up in the most defensible location ad infinitum until the Vampires come to them, if there's no L4D style zombies.

Reaver bombs will royally gently caress up their vision to the point they can't see anything / choke them to death slowly (the more I play the more I lean towards shadow bombs being way better than choking haze), Tyrant charges and jumps fling people around with brief stuns and they can make themselves super armored to allow the rest of the team to follow up, Deceivers can mind control people into the open, and so on. Humans generally WILL do that strategy because it works, but there's ways to force them out / to split them up.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The scouts grappling hook is terrible.

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

Feindfeuer posted:

FABOLE-355-GOZODO-215
CAJUFA-725-JOPOVO-026
DABULE-325-BAXODO-216

I took the first one, thanks!

themaninblack
Aug 14, 2007
So a baby seal walks into a club...

Feindfeuer posted:

FABOLE-355-GOZODO-215
CAJUFA-725-JOPOVO-026
DABULE-325-BAXODO-216

Got the second one. Thank you.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Game is really solid, I haven't gotten in to an online shooter years but this game seems like it'll have a lot of longevity. It's weird how satisfying the game is, even in the most lopsided game I played, where we lost by 11-30, I felt like I was doing something and even got a triple kill.

Deceiver is also bonkers good at the starting ranks; went 12-3 on my first game as him and carried my team :toot:

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Looks like another great game that I can't be bothered to try because being in Australia means an automatic poo poo ping handicap and frustration. At least we have local D3 servers :australia:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
LoK lover here. Finished all the previous ones. Had NOT heard a thing about this until now.

If anyone has a key they want to share, I have PMs

And Vae Victis!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
How to run in 1920x1080

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Two-hour trip report.

Humanity starting out may have it rough. If you're not good with the Hunter's crossbow, leading shots and either managing kickback or narrowing your vision for a more steady shot, or not good with the Alchemist's arching exploding grenades, you're gonna have a bad time.

I found the Vampires having it much easier. Turelim Tyrants are excellent siege breakers, especially after a Dumahim Reaver's bomb of darkness or a Razielim Sentinel poison bomb. Dumahim Reavers similarly have an excellent means of engagement and are plenty mobile. Thankfully, levelling and unlocking classes goes by pretty fast, especially if you're only good (so far) at one of two camps!

Either which way, stick together. Only vamps ought to fan out before they home in. Chat is key. Either VOIP ingame or via text, just co-ordinate.

EDIT: Oh, fine.

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 29, 2014

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dinictus posted:

Two-hour trip report.

Humanity starting out may have it rough. If you're not good with the Hunter's crossbow, leading shots and either managing kickback or narrowing your vision for a more steady shot, or not good with the Alchemist's arching exploding grenades, you're gonna have a bad time.

I found the Vampires having it much easier. Turelim are excellent siege breakers, especially after a Dumahim bomb of darkness or a Razielim poison bomb. Dumahim similarly have an excellent means of engagement and are plenty mobile. Thankfully, levelling and unlocking classes goes by pretty fast, especially if you're only good (so far) at one of two camps!

Either which way, stick together. Only vamps ought to fan out before they home in. Chat is key. Either VOIP ingame or via text, just co-ordinate.

Oh come on really? Has this game ever used those fantastical fantasy names? Bah even if it had no excuse.

Edit: Thanks the Dota thread made me pretty cranky towards names because some folk seemed to enjoy picking the oldest out of use names.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 29, 2014

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Man this game is actually pretty fun, for those that don't know if you don't get the option to run at your resolution theres a config file in your "my games" folder somewhere and in there you can set it manually.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Duck and Cover posted:

Oh come on really? Has this game ever used those fantastical fantasy names? Bah even if it had no excuse.

Those are all names of major characters from throughout the series with "im" at the end because you play as descendants of each of those clans, no big deal. I mean it's not like I'd suddenly want to play this if they had cooler sounding names. Still can't believe they canned an almost complete Kain game just cause of Tomb Raider "only" selling like three million copies in one month. Hopefully with the new CEO and realization that not as many people care about Final Fantasy anymore and the mega-embarrassment of FFXIV it will some day be polished and released.

If they were smart they could have pulled off that synergy Mass Effect 3 did with its single player and multiplayer where the multiplayer gave the franchise some major legs and cred in people's minds so that even a couple of years out now people would love to play a Mass Effect 4. It'd help Nosgoth make more $$$ too.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 29, 2014

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Can someone setup a steam group for this?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

SoggyGravy posted:

Can someone setup a steam group for this?

Sure, ill get it done tomorrow, its 02:20 here and im going to bed.

If someone beats me to the chase, grab the name Nosgoons and make it public, ill put it into the OP when im awake.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Apologies for double posting:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Nosgoons

SA group is up, public until otherwise needed.

They are also adding twitch support ingame, this'll make me happy because it'll help spread the word, as it were.

quote:

It’s been a long time coming, but we’re proud to announce that Nosgoth will officially include built-in support for the world’s biggest video game community, Twitch.tv!

... Unlike titles that don’t integrate Twitch, however, Nosgoth streaming doesn’t require third-party streaming software – you can start, stop, and broadcast recordings from right inside the game!

... We’ll have additional details on the Nosgoth Twitch integration when it’s released very soon (in July) – including a step-by-step process in how to use it.

http://www.nosgoth.com/blog

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 30, 2014

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Hello goon friends, glad to see a Nosgoth thread. I work on this game and you can tell me how terrible it is here if you want.

A few developer-ish notes for anyone getting into the game now:
- There are beta keys available on a variety of sites if you want to try it out without paying for a Founder's Pack. Here is one: http://www.f2p.com/nosgoth-closed-beta-keys-giveaway/
- The game is made by Psyonix (us) and published by Square-Enix. We make the game, but they have final say on pricing so if you think something is too expensive it's not my fault!
- We are completely rewriting the Matchmaking and Party systems because the ones in there aren't good enough. Yes, we know parties are a bitch to get working sometimes.
- More classes, maps, and abilities are in the pipe.
- We're working on a crafting system that lets you create new Uncommon and Rare items, modify existing ones, and salvage unwanted items for materials
- Human and Vampires actually balance out pretty well by the overall numbers, but we're aware the newbie Human experience can feel weak and are investigating ways to smooth that out. We can't buff Humans without completely breaking the mid-high tier balance (good human teams are really, really strong)

Happy to suggest builds or strategies if someone's having difficulty with a specific class.

p.s. your thread title hurts my soul

icking fudiot fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jul 1, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh, neat. How close are you guys on that underground vamp city map?

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

icking fudiot posted:

Hello goon friends, glad to see a Nosgoth thread. I work on this game and you can tell me how terrible it is here if you want.

- There are beta keys available on a variety of sites if you want to try it out without paying for a Founder's Pack. Here is one: http://www.f2p.com/nosgoth-closed-beta-keys-giveaway/
- The game is made by Psyonix (us) and published by Square-Enix. We make the game, but they have final say on pricing so if you think something is too expensive it's not my fault!
- We are completely rewriting the Matchmaking and Party systems because the ones in there aren't good enough. Yes, we know parties are a bitch to get working sometimes.
- We're working on a crafting system that lets you create new Uncommon and Rare items, modify existing ones, and salvage unwanted items for materials
- Human and Vampires actually balance out pretty well by the overall numbers, but we're aware the newbie Human experience can feel weak and are investigating ways to smooth that out. We can't buff Humans without completely breaking the mid-high tier balance (good human teams are really, really strong)

Happy to suggest builds or strategies if someone's having difficulty with a specific class.

I'm only like level 5 at the moment so I guess take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

I don't know if there is anything you can do about it but every match being 3v4 or worse has made this game pretty much unplayable. I know MOBAs are like the only genre that actually implement penalties for leaving(as far as I know), but being down even 1 person makes it really difficult to do anything but die over and over unless the other team is much much worse than yours. This is especially exacerbated by the fact that there isn't any sort of 'kill cap' I've seen that one team can achieve to end the round pre-maturely, its just 10 minutes of bullshit. Maybe I'm just extremely unlucky and this isn't a common problem, but I think I've only ever actually played one 4v4 match.

Also on an entirely different note paying to rent items is pretty much a hallmark feature of bad F2P games and it sucks.

Other than that the game is cool, all the classes are fun to play and it seems pretty balanced, so good job.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

ankle posted:

I'm only like level 5 at the moment so I guess take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

I don't know if there is anything you can do about it but every match being 3v4 or worse has made this game pretty much unplayable. I know MOBAs are like the only genre that actually implement penalties for leaving(as far as I know), but being down even 1 person makes it really difficult to do anything but die over and over unless the other team is much much worse than yours. This is especially exacerbated by the fact that there isn't any sort of 'kill cap' I've seen that one team can achieve to end the round pre-maturely, its just 10 minutes of bullshit. Maybe I'm just extremely unlucky and this isn't a common problem, but I think I've only ever actually played one 4v4 match.

Also on an entirely different note paying to rent items is pretty much a hallmark feature of bad F2P games and it sucks.

Other than that the game is cool, all the classes are fun to play and it seems pretty balanced, so good job.

Leavers haven't been a huge problem in the past but have seen this comment elsewhere since the Steam sale - we will have to expedite a real penalty for quitting prematurely.

Rentals are just a cheap trial option, you can buy anything permanently. That UI is already being revised to make that more obvious. I suppose we could eliminate timed rentals altogether in favor of a free 24 hour trial function, but some players seem to enjoy the flexibility of a cheap 7 day test drive of a weapon or ability. As such I'm loathe to cut rentals despite the stigma surrounding them from other titles.

Orv posted:

Oh, neat. How close are you guys on that underground vamp city map?

It is basically done, but needs a bit more QA time before it goes out.

icking fudiot fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jul 1, 2014

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

icking fudiot posted:

Leavers haven't been a huge problem in the past but have seen this comment elsewhere since the Steam sale - we will have to expedite a real penalty for quitting prematurely.

I had 3 or 4 great games with full teams on each side as my first games, and all 10 games or so I've played since have been 4vs3 or 4vs2. It doesn't seem to be an issue with people leaving though, so much as they get dropped as the game is loading (8 people in the lobby, after the game loads there's only 6 or 7 and nobody ever connects to fill the spots). Some form of safeguard that keeps the pre-game timer from counting down until the teams are balanced would be cool.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

quote:

Level Cap increased to Level 25 from Level 20 for the Reaver, Sentinel, and Tyrant classes
Evolved Skins are now available via unlock (Level 25) or Purchase

Am I reading this right, you can unlock arguably best skins in the game by just playing?

Because if so, these guys are loving rad and I should buy a founder's pack to support this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

icking fudiot posted:

Loving the game so far, can't wait for new maps and classes.

Are there plans for 4v4 party matchmaking? Playing w/ bros is certainly the most fun and the game seems really geared to being about to plan and coordinate load-outs and strategies with your team. Would be nice to be able to be matched against other organized teams. Might also be a way to prevent one side from getting completely stomped and quitting, preventing some of the issues talked about here.

• Locked thread