Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!

Andrast posted:

Does the class choice affect anything if you just customize the characters stats and abilities anyway?

The only thing it really affects is starting equipment. So if you know you want a 2-handed character, play a Knight, etc.

edit: But all characters who know any spells start with a staff in their inventory, so if you are playing a hybrid and really want a staff, don't worry about changing class for that.

Honorific! fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jun 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Of course, despite the bold-face notice about the KS database, people are still posting in the current update about not being able to use their codes.

As for the official forums? Official forums never change:

quote:

So I know you guys are working hard over there entering in everyone's code, but I think we should create a priority list. Just a list of those who are waiting to play, but need their code in the database.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Zereth posted:

Can you then load your existing saves in the new profile and have the kickstarter code apply its thing?
From poking at profiles, looks like no!

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Comrade Flynn posted:

Anyone have tips on playing a pure mage?

Combo your elemental abilities (especially with other casters). Minor to moderate combat mechanics spoilers on combo'ing elemental environment effects:

Rain causes "Wet" (puts out Fires, vulnerability to Air/Water damage) and makes a puddle on the ground
Midnight Oil makes an oil puddle (slows) on the ground
bleeding or bleeding into a puddle will make a pool of blood
Burning/Ooze ground will inflict fire/poison damage and burn/poison you, it's bad news

all of the "cloud" effects block line of sight which is good for funneling enemies into chokepoints and neutering enemy casters/archers
water or blood puddle + electricity = electrified stun puddle
water (or blood?) + fire = steam cloud
ooze + fire = burning ground, poison cloud
oil + fire = smoke cloud (lasts longer than steam?)
steam + electricity = static (stun) cloud
poison cloud + fire = BOOM
Wet + cold damage (Chill effects?) = frozen
Warm + fire damage = burning

and I'm sure there are more I haven't found or are forgetting.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 30, 2014

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
Steam doesn't have D:Os on their rolling banners of game :( So evil.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Zereth posted:

Can you then load your existing saves in the new profile and have the kickstarter code apply its thing?

I don't believe so, you'll have to start a new profile. In theory you could copy your saves from the old profile to the new one, but I don't know if that will work, it might have side effects.

There was a patch just now which some people said has fixed it, though. EDIT: Yes, the code works now (at least for me).

Arkeus posted:

Despite that, it's still #1 on the Top Sellers list.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 30, 2014

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I don't believe so, you'll have to start a new profile. In theory you could copy your saves from the old profile to the new one, but I don't know if that will work, it might have side effects.

There was a patch just now which some people said has fixed it, though.

The code worked for me now, so I assume that patch fixed it.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
So....apparently there are issues with the noise of the townfolks yammering all the time. It's a bit annoying when it loops in solo, but apparently in co-op it makes it hard to hear each other.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Still looking for someone's second copy, PM me if you're selling, thanks.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Pet Pal is the best thing since Wild Wasteland.

Sure do wish the NPCs in towns would shut up with their background lines some though.

Edit: something that I didn't see mentioned that turned out to be pretty important is that the 'kit' you select for your character at customization determines what equipment they start with - so if you set your guy to 'knight' and then go build a mage character out of him, he's still going to start with heavy armor and a sword or whatever. Don't be the guy that builds a bow-user with no bow.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 30, 2014

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Arkeus posted:

So....apparently there are issues with the noise of the townfolks yammering all the time. It's a bit annoying when it loops in solo, but apparently in co-op it makes it hard to hear each other.

I was worried about and posted the worry that very thing would happen back when they announced all overhead text would be voiced. I said "No vendor barks."

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I was worried about and posted the worry that very thing would happen back when they announced all overhead text would be voiced. I said "No vendor barks."

I am really hoping they make an option to be able to tune the volume of ambiant noise separetely from the rest, but i have no clue how to get Larian aware of the issue.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Honorific! posted:

I just wanted to say thank you to Stabbey for all the hard work you have put into maintaining both threads for this game. You're a p. cool dude.

Same. There is actually a decent chance for Stabbey to make some sort of cameo appearance in the game. :ssh: D:OS might be the #1 sold game on Steam right now, but Larian has always gone to great lengths to engage with their fans on a personal level.

I'm waiting for the weekend until I start playing this, but I'd be interested in reading people's impressions in the meantime.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
Hey Stabbey, thanks for putting together a really awesome thread for this game.

This game owns, it's exactly what DA2 should have turned into - instead of the trashy Medieval Mass Effect it is now, and threads like this help get the buzz out.

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
So with the stuff like additional partner personalities and companions, has Larian given any estimate on when they'll add/patch those in? I impulse bought this earlier today when it was 20% off and just wondering whether I should wait a few weeks in hopes that those get added or just jump in now since the game is in a release state.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It's in the op.

the personalities should be a few weeks. the other companions are months away due to the work ino loved.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Arkeus posted:

This will be completely normal to me since I've been playing the Witcher 2 recently. The incessant chatter of the townsfolk is maddening.

Brain Fog
Dec 27, 2012
I took a gamble with this game during the summer sale. So far the game is really fun, but these loving npcs will not shut up.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

This will be completely normal to me since I've been playing the Witcher 2 recently. The incessant chatter of the townsfolk is maddening.

It's a big problem with a lot of RPGs for some reason. Fable series and Dragon's Dogma also come to mind as being exceptionally bad about it.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
So, the game threw a ton of directions I can go at me right in the starting town. Which way doesn't get me killed?

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
You should probably just pick one and see for yourself.

Bardog
Nov 26, 2005

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

It's a big problem with a lot of RPGs for some reason. Fable series and Dragon's Dogma also come to mind as being exceptionally bad about it.

True, but this is like if someone put the wrong amount of delay in. It's like 5 seconds between them. I had to turn off voice sounds when going about the city.

Braking Gnus
Oct 13, 2012
Unless its changed from the beta, you want the West Gate

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Gort posted:

So, the game threw a ton of directions I can go at me right in the starting town. Which way doesn't get me killed?

Go up to the town itself and then head out the west gate. Try to get to level three doing in-city quests first, though. You will probably get annihilated otherwise.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Gort posted:

The guards will clearly warn you if you attempt to leave town through any but the appropriate level exit. You can still do it though.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Braking Gnus posted:

Unless its changed from the beta, you want the West Gate

west gate and not the west harbour gate

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Mokinokaro posted:

west gate and not the west harbour gate

Oh right, I was about to go through the west harbour gate.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Yeah, I think the biggest difficulty hurdle I encountered was being stuck at the lighthouse boss and getting frustrated because I thought I couldn't progress.

You really need to stick around town and follow the main murdery mystery quest, pick up side quests, talk to animals, just go exploring around town. Rob houses. Get your party to at least level 3 and pick up another party member or two before you head west.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
So what the hell with the grieving orc and invisible landmines? How high does my perception need to be to not explode?

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Is there a crafting guide anywhere, like a list of what can be combined to make what?

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
I managed to completely break my game simply by loading it into the editor. I don't even loving know what I did.

So uh, make a backup before you touch it.

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.
No one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses! SHEEP'S CHEESE, TOMATOES

Jesus, I'm glad they added NPC voiceovers but they took it way overboard in Cyseal.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I haven't really kept up with this since very early in the alpha.. can I start a game in single-player and switch to multiplayer in case a buddy is free to spend some ~*quality time*~ with me? Or am I stuck to single-player?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Haha, I remember it being a problem that Kelvania kept repeating her lines back in the alpha, looks like something similar popped up now.

If that's people's main complaint so far, it's a good sign.

grobbo
May 29, 2014

Atlas Moth posted:

No one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses! SHEEP'S CHEESE, TOMATOES

Jesus, I'm glad they added NPC voiceovers but they took it way overboard in Cyseal.

Not in the mood for CHEESE? That story has more holes in it than this fine Gorgonbert!

That pushy cheese merchant's going to wind up growing a little mouldy himself if he keeps pressuring the Hunters.

Incidentally, has anyone else found their load times dramatically increase since the beta? I'm already dreading hopping back and forth from the Homestead.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Uh, does this game have a manual? I can't find it on the Steam store page nor the game directory.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

The opening cutscenes (both the scrolling text one and the cartoony one) were 5 frames per second slideshows with skipping sound for me. :negative:

Game runs fine otherwise and I did terrible immoral things.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
So, how do henchmen work? Can I name and customize them, and pretty much make 2 extra custom party members?

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
I input the kickstarter code. When do you receive the items? They're not in my starting inventory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midrena
May 2, 2009

Arkeus posted:

On the front page, you mean? It's the first game in the 'Featured Items' slider -- with a green ribbon on the corner of it proclaiming FULL VERSION AVAILABLE, which is nice.

• Locked thread