Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Anyone else's kickstarter code not working? I'm kinda hesitant to start due to the warning box saying you can't enter it later :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The perk that lets you talk to animals is great.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Where do you find a lock pick in the first town?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I think this is the first game where the special arrows are actually cool. My ranger feels like hawkeye or something.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I wish pressing alt highlighted everything that can be messed with instead of just items on the ground. I just want to talk to all the animals.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Any tips for what I'm assuming is the last boss of the first area The king with all the mini bosses you fought earlier in the chapter?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Zereth posted:

Same here. Did I miss them somewhere?

They just appeared in my inventory when I loaded up my save this afternoon.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The spell system is pretty much exactly what the one in dragon age was supposed to be. Nothing like making a huge puddle with rain and stunning everyone with a blitzbolt.

Also this game has the best teleport in any rpg. Taking out 3/4 of a boss's Hp by teleporting him on top of the barrels you arranged it amazing. Winning the fight in the graveyard where the dude spawns in a bunch of bomber skeletons with a well placed teleport was so goddamn cool

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 2, 2014

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

There isn't any attack that takes your weapon right? when I loaded up my game my tank's weapon was just gone and I'm sure I didn't unequip it or anything. It sucks because it was pretty much the best weapon I had.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

KiddieGrinder posted:

Which is slightly annoying, because in a conversation for instance, the other character with a higher skill or intelligence wont pipe up and interject about something.

It's like when you engage a conversation, everyone else in your party fucks off elsewhere while you talk. :(

Like in the beginning quest, in the inn, you can talk to the cat if you have to talking to animals perk thing. But if you don't engage the conversation with the right character, nothing happens.

It should have been like:

:cabot:: Meow.
:yarr:: I don't understand you.
:j:: Oh I can! He says he thinks you're dumb!
:yarr:: Ah I see!

That's a big put off for me, it seems really dumb.

It's like that because you can gently caress off during dialog in co-op. I don't know why you can't just do it like wasteland 2 and click the appropriate character's picture to switch during dialog though.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I would love it if Larian went with a non-western fantasy setting since that's pretty much never done. I would kill for a quality RPG with a Chinese setting like jade empire.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I'm a bit confused on what to do next in the second map I know I have to free the white witch and I pretty much cleared out the areas surrounding the town. Do I do the mines or go through with the cult recruitment quest?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

This is Not Alf XXX posted:

Ok I'm a dumbass. I'm doing the murder mystery quest and I'm stuck.

I've found the fake body and talked to mortician and stole his ledger to get him to spill the beans about some suspects. I've talked to all of them and none of have any more dialogue but I can't find the body still.

I think I missed something.

Did you search the wife's store yet?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Somebody at Larian must be an NHL fan, I combined two unique items to create the "Buffalo Sabre." I also made a voodoo doll that does a bunch of piercing damage to a target when used in battle. I actually kinda like how crazy deep the crafting is (there's multiple steps to making french fries!), which seems to be a bit of a dissenting opinion at the moment. I just dedicated my generic support mage henchwoman to crafting/carrying the supplies. However the in-game recipe list should be a simple Thing + Thing = Thing, rather than flavor text from the books. It's easier to just use a spreadsheet from the internet.

I actually like the flavor text. I think the better solution would be to keep the books the same, but change the recipes pages to the base thing + thing formulas (maybe with a button to quickly make whatever if the ingredients are in your collective inventories and you're close enough.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Dr. Carwash posted:

How's the story in this game? Thinking about picking it up...is the story kinda like a diablo game (as in, non-existent)??

It's weird, the story sucks but the characters and dialog is pretty fun.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Radio Talmudist posted:

Of the three listed, Obsidian is probably the best, but you're right that they sometimes fall short. Dramatically. What game, if you can put it in spoilers, ends the way you described?

the vanilla version of Neverwinter Nights 2. I always though bioware wrote the base game and obsidian did the universally praised expansion mask of the betrayer

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I'm glad they seem to be fixing the story stuff since you only have 1 silent created character instead of 2.

[e] Giving you an actual gameplay reason to do your own thing makes that mode way more interesting to me.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Aug 26, 2015

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

My biggest problem with OS was the story and they seem to be making great strides to fix that so I'm in. The mechanical changes sound really good too like more environmental combos.

From the way they were taking about skill crafting I hope it's like Magicka.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I hope we get the undead origin.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Oh we only get to choose like 2 of the skill trees? I don't know what I'll vote for. I hope they atleast give out some sample skills or something.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The competitive stuff looks like it could be interesting if they make it worthwhile.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

All of those stretch goals sound really good, with the exception of the shapeshifting mask. I'm not a fan of the concept, it seems like it would be kind of cheap.

It would be a pretty cool 2nd run deal to see how much variance the game actually had. It's like the perfect kickstarter item, something that does something cool and unique but not essential enough that you would really miss not having it.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

A think another problem with the home is it was too big. Put all the essentials like vendors and storage in one area where you enter.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is anyone else having a problem using telekinesis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Did they change stealing? I can't have one dude distract a rube while the other rob him blind anymore.

• Locked thread