Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

If Chael was on HGH and T and EPO and HcG and whatever the gently caress else, what kind of poo poo must Vitor be on to look like this? He must have an IV full of poo poo just pumping it into him for hours a day.

It probably looks a little like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zaJdLb07NU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Quinton no, where did you find a jar of nutella that big

Rampage shoving his hand in a jar of nutella like Winnie the Pooh is a hilarious mental image.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

TAM will be denied their chance for a second shirtless celebration shot.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

He had a really bad weight cut.

He only has himself to blame given the insane amount of weight he cuts.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

1st AD posted:

I really wonder what Lyoto's career would've been like if he had started off in the UFC at 185 instead of 205. Because I feel like he could've had the same career Anderson did, except maybe looked more untouchable because of the skills gap in that division especially before 2013 or so.

Machida vs Silva for the 185 belt would have owned so much. But no they didn't want to fight each other. Now Anderson has been quoted as saying he'd fight Machida to get a shot at the belt. :v:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

1st AD posted:

Paging Bean Fried:

:lol: Then she is making all the drama they expected her to make. It's not like she had a shot in hell of winning.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

So the UFC only has Mighty Mouse, Dillashaw, and The Herb as healthy champions. Cain, Weidman, Hendricks, Pettis, Aldo and Ronda are all recovering from surgery or on medical suspensions. As if the lack of headliners wasn't hurting the UFC before.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Bubba Smith posted:

those 4 are supposed to fight between the months of october to december, so UFC will be fine for those PPVs cause that's plenty. In that case Weidman and Ronda can be out until early next year and it doesn't hurt them much. If that Diaz vs Silva fight does go down in "early 2015" then that's already 1 PPV they really don't need a champion for.

Demetrious Johnson vs John Dodson II will also happen before the end of the year and i'm 99.9% sure it will happen on the December FOX card. Cause Dana said sure Mighty Mouse will headline a PPV again despite the bad buyrate, and maybe FOX is looking into using him again too what of it?

I'm not so sure about it. Cain and Pettis both seem like the types who get hurt in camp from going too hard. Hendrick I think will be on schedule as he seems to have a singular focus in proving to the world he beat GSP and the judges robbed him.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Bubba Smith posted:

I do think Cain Velasquez Never Fights, but he actually has recorded 1 fight every year since 08. Same with Pettis. My gut tells me that these guys are competitors and sorta bored with all the offtime and will fight with an injury if necessary since they have done so before. And since they're filming TUFs that are meaningful there is more pressure than usual for them to show up. Deeper in my gut tells me that unless you contract some sort of stomach virus like Mike Swick or you forget to eat your apples like Brock Lesnar you usually don't go a full year without fighting. So never have a bad stomach.

Fighters would be healthier if they didn't try to kill each other in camps and the gym too. How many AKA or Brazilian guys had their chins ruined before they ever fought?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

red19fire posted:

Did she fight someone else during the walkout? How'd she get so injured in 16 seconds?

I think I heard she had a cyst in her hand bust or she broke her hand previous to the fight and just didn't tell anyone. I don't think anyone knew she was scheduled for knee surgery either so who knows what was up. She fought three times in six months so she was bound to get some injuries.

Meanwhile Cruz sneezes and his MCL explodes.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

Cat Zingano will face Amanda Nunes at UFC 178. Good for her, glad to see she's finally coming back.

That should be a good tune up.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

Awesome, thanks!

That's cool that Cyborg is supposedly moving down. I'd love to see how a Rousey card with actual hype behind it can do.

It would be hyped as hell but Ronda mauls Cyborg at 135.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

1st AD posted:

Well it's just a hypothetical because it's highly unlikely she beats Miesha.

It certainly would be the funniest outcome.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

CarlCX posted:

Gee I wonder why the only one of the fighters who won't fight outside Brazil and intimidates people for asking about his drugs and also has a pharmacy growing out of his pancreas gets more suspicion than his peers

I can't see Belfort fighting in the UFC again with this uptick in testing. Either he gets off everything and becomes a shell of his former self or wanders off to Japan to juice up more and fight Godzilla.

That owns.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Dangersim posted:

We're a real sport now, with stupid arguments about the hall of fame and everything

MMA is one front page article on TMZ from complete legitimacy.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

Tate seems like a doofus but goddamn, that girl could do better than Carraway. Like at least a Max Halloway or something

Watch him break up with her now instead of putting a ring on her finger.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

She just won GBS over.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

For what it is worth the Womens 115 TUF is going to decide the first UFC Womens 115 champion.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

If he cut out beer, he could, so no, he'll never make 145.

You can take his title shot but you'll never take his refreshment.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yes but you saying it won't happen automatically makes it 25% more likely.

The Atomic theory of mixed martial arts.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

canoshiz posted:

Literally the second that the NSAC granted Vitor a license: https://twitter.com/Sholler_UFC/status/492007822620499968

Vitor/Weidman in Vegas on Dec 6

The UFC could at least pretend there was some doubt and waited a couple hours.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Senjuro posted:

Wait so Vitor just got a free pass? Not even a fine? What excuse did he give for the failed test?

He gets to make the biggest payday of his life while fighting for the middleweight title. What you don't see how bad of a punishment that is? :v:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Bubba Smith posted:

Heh, the guy who posted no way UFC 178 stays intact and then like 24 hours later it loses its biggest fight, heh.

I hope Cormier's knee is alright.

After the Hendo fight they made it sound like he needed immediate surgery.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

MycroftXXX posted:

i sincerely hope jones gets dq'ed for poking dc in the eye too many times

i know thats not going to happen because friendship>rules but i can dream

What are the rules for title fights in the event of a DQ or an injury?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Ariza posted:

Has there been any update on NY lately? I thought it was going ahead this year and now nothing. I don't want to deal with the cunts at the border at 3 in the morning coming back from Toronto again.

I think it's off the table until at least the next year.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Dangersim posted:

After the third fight I think he came out and said "I was wrong, Cain's just better"

After the beating he took in the third fight it is amazing JDS could think coherently.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Agent Tough Juice posted:

I don't want to discuss those fights ever again. The third fight in particular was just not fun to witness. It's insane he didn't just hit the ground and pretend to be knocked out at some point.

It's not often that you get to log enough octagon time with one opponent that you can't at least semi-plausibly hand-wave away the results with an injury excuse.

At the time of the fight I thought his corner was really letting him down by not throwing in the towel for him.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

freud mayweather posted:

i don't remember weidman saying anything goofy. i just read an interview with weidman talking about the machida fight, but all he said was that he underestimated machida's will to win, and he gave machida respect for trying so hard to end the fight in the last two rounds.

Weidman got asked by Rogan what he thought of the fight and Weidman said he didn't remember much of it. As far as the post fight that would be a fair assessment to make. Weidman pounded Machida and cut off his game for three rounds. When Weidman's gas faded Machida came back hard. It was a great fight.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

What refs are you watching, they'd look at the towel, look at the corner, look at the towel, look at the corner then tell them that if they do it again it'll be a foul.

Beautiful.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

That is a long time to wait for such comedic potential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

origami posted:

Did he mention which knee it was because I see a lot of oblique kicks in his future

I really hate oblique kicks.

• Locked thread