Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Boating fishing and almost dying

I'm not a fan of July. It's the same as march through May but stupid hot

I'm not Alaskan or living in the Pacific Northwest, gently caress July.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

Summer rules, you guys are crazy! The pool, golf, the beach, girls in bikinis, vacation! Maybe if you fatties would lose some of your goony weight you could go outside and enjoy summer instead of bashing it on the internet :colbert:

Atlanta is hot and punishingly humid all summer long, golf is expensive, the beach is 6 hours away, like 5% of girls on a GA beach are hot, I work through the summer.

:cmon:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

I don't think I have experienced a GA summer, but I have been in FL during August and it was completely loving miserable so I can only imagine it's about the same. There are days where Chicago gets in the 100's with 100% humidity which sucks, but Chicago summers are pretty great.

Florida is worse than Georgia, but not much worse. At least in Florida you're never more than a couple of hours from a beach, and wind + shade can actually make the weather seem nice.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bort Bortles posted:

Is that where we are? "Heat and humidity suck" chat?

Also shouldnt 100% humidity be swimming in bathtub water?

This is thread involving the month of July, fair game.

In NFL related news, Patrick Peterson has a man-crush on Julio Jones: http://atlantafalcons.blog.ajc.com/2014/06/30/peterson-jones-and-white-are-best-wr-tandem-in-nfl/

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jul 1, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TubeStank posted:

Other than Sean Lee's unsurprising injury have there been any big ones?

Or is this a rare "you haven't been posting much" where have you been? In which case not much news lately and lots of bullshit at work.

To contribute Rodgers and Jordy are the best QB / WR combo in the NFL over the past three seasons: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2014/06/30/packers-aaron-rodgers-jordy-nelson-best-qb-wr-duo-in-nfl/

Starting ILB Sean Weatherspoon of the Falcons tore his achilles tendon, out for season. :shrug:

That's the only other one I remember.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bort Bortles posted:

I....I have no idea why I posted that. I think I got something backwards in my head. Because gently caress.

Well, Jimmy Graham ain't playing for the Saints after 2014, so the joke is on them after all.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Marketing New Brain posted:

They are going to sign him to a multi year deal regardless of how this decision ended up, the only difference is who goes into the negotiations with the most leverage. I seriously doubt they franchise him once or twice and then have him walk.

e: I'm also curious what the difference was between him and Suggs' case, who I think split the difference between DE/OLB.

Probably because there isn't much of a difference between a 3/4 OLB and a 4/3 DE; they both line up on the outside, they both rush the passer.

I'm probably just being hopeful about Jimmy bailing because A.) I'd love it if he left the NFC South, or B.) I want him to replace Tony G as the "move" TE for the Atlanta Falcons. There is some doubt in my mind that the Saints have the cap room to accommodate what Jimmy wants.

But those wiley fuckers are are some kind of cap wizards, so I guess we'll see.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 2, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I feel like this does nothing but eventually turn sour for The Saints and I'm also sad that Jimmy isn't getting the money he's earned.

I hope he does well on whatever team eventually pays him next year because this entire process has been ugly.

Just please don't go to the Falcons, Jimmy.

:getin:

Apparently, the arbitrator decided that "the slot" isn't far enough away from the line to be counted as lining up as a wide receiver. When the Bronco's try to franchise Wes Welker, they'll be sure to point this out to the arbitrator so they can tag him as a tight-end for a paltry 7 million.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 2, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Wow well it's a fair point. Lots of tight ends line up in the slot but this is gonna cause lots of tes to demand receiver money if they are putting up receiver numbers

If they're putting up receiver numbers, they kind of deserve receiver money though, right? The franchise tag confuses the situation, because teams like the Saints can lock up a top-shelf receiving threat for an average of his position group... which includes such starting tight ends as Bear Pasco, Michael Palmer, and an army of starting TE's who are used primarly as extra linemen and catch about as many passes as the average Fullback.

You know what though? They're still starting TE's.

edit:
Maybe not those two guys specifically, just TE's in the mold of mnyaaaaaaaah

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

If Denver is tagging anyone it's Julius Thomas next year

Wes was just a prop for the argument, which was to say that "the slot" is nestled firmly in the wheelhouse of receivers moreso than any other skill-position in the game.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 2, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

Johnny Football has found someone new to party with

Tyrese Gibson? gently caress yeah, that's awesome.

Also, if that isn't a photoshop, Johnny Manziel's hands are loving gigantic.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ordinaire posted:

His tag hit(as a TE) is already figured into the cap at the moment. If they structure his contract to have a cap figure of $7 million or less this year, they can pull it off. I'm not sure about how it will look after this year, but Loomis almost certainly has something up his sleeve.

They'll almost certainly be paying for all this very dearly in the future, but win now is the philosophy of the day.

Drew Brees' isn't getting any younger.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rasczak posted:

Yeah, I'm also vaguely disappointed that I had to put that much effort into a post about Rolando McClain

Man, this is Dallas' year. Rolando McClain replacing Sean Lee at MLB and at best half retired Kyle Orton or at worst the 2nd coming of Brandon Weedon starting at QB.

Go silver and blue, baby.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

I don't know what is going on right now...and it scares me.

:ohdear:

It's a bad gimmick troll.

Shath Hole posted:

In terms of base compensation, Gronk (arguably the best TE in football) has a base salary of $3,750,000 in 2014. Stevie Johnson has a base salary of $3,650,000. :stare:

Isn't Gronk still playing his rookie deal?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Noted blocker jimmy graham.

Exactly, which is an even bigger argument to just call him a WR. Jimmy Graham has not nor will he ever do this:

That's Gronkowski laying Suggs out like a rookie.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

How is Gronk's base salary 3.75m for this year while Gates' is 5m? Did Gronk take a more team friendly deal?

Gronk was a 2nd round pick in 2010, and he signed a long-term deal before anyone realized how loving amazing he was, including himself. He kinda got screwed, I think.

Kalli posted:

Yeah, it's heavily backloaded. Gronk got a new contract the minute he hit his 3rd year to secure a solid signing bonus, so is relatively cheap until like 2016.

So did Aaron Hernandez for that matter. :v:

I need to go look at his loving deal...

ESPN posted:

All-Pro Rob Gronkowski agreed Friday to a six-year, $53 million extension with the New England Patriots, the richest contract for a tight end in NFL history.

The six-year deal includes $16.5 million guaranteed. There is a $10 million option -- if exercised by the Patriots in 2015 -- that would extend the deal through '19.

Yeah, nevermind, he was the highest paid TE in history at one point. 8.8 m/y.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 3, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Combine WR/TE forever.

If your league doesn't just use 5 flex slots, they're doing it wrong.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jerome Agricola posted:

MV, Kalli, I'm real sorry. It was just a throwaway joke. I never wanted this.

:negative:

We spent the first two pages of this thread jawing about the loving weather in various US locales. It's July, man, at least we're not photoshopping Pusheens into "the catch" gifs and posting them to GBS.

Also, your avatar is awesome.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Brannock posted:

What an age we live in where someone making good jokes gets called a bad gimmick troll.

You see a line, I see a troll. We all go fishin' in the TFF hole...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rasczak posted:

This is a safe place to escape our great national nightmare of anime, and Sheriff Kalli's got an itchy trigger finger today

I'm torn between the desire to pile on here... or to change the subject to some stupid bullshit that's happening in NFL news.

Oh here we go, Adam Schein is freaking out that Aaron Rodgers didn't break into the top 10 of the bullshit top 100 polling.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000363132/article/aaron-rodgers-spot-in-top-100-unworthy-of-nfls-best-player

Adam Schein posted:

The best player in the NFL wasn't even voted into the top 10. It's wrong, an injustice, a disgrace. It's now the new low for rankings in the history of rankings.

This is the low point. Yeah, Adam. Rodgers falling out of the top 10 is more of a travesty than Jimmy Graham not even making the loving list in 2013.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

Atlanta joins Tennessee, Jacksonville and Oakland as the only teams with no players in the top 100.

Roddy or Julio or Ryan would be on that list if two of the three hadn't been injured for a significant portion of the season.

Ryan is the only one who started more than 50% of the games, so... gently caress'em. Even perennial top 100er Stephen Jackson didn't make it, largely due to the NFL's bottom 100 being 100 different anagrams derived from the names of the Falcons starting offensive linemen.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AradoBalanga posted:

That might be one of the weirder facemasks I've seen.

Goddamn look what google image search came up with.

Not the striking resemblance to...

or...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Ouch, this doesn't bode well for the Dolphins' week one home game against the Pats.

Lets be honest, he wasn't ever going to start anyway.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ozu posted:

And some 8th stringer was suspended for a year.

@RapSheet
And… #Colts WR LaVon Brazill is suspended without pay for at least one year for violating @nfl Policy & Program for Substances of Abuse. Wow

"In an unexpected move this early in the offseason, the Colts decided to part ways with back-up wide receiver and special teams player, LaVon Brazill."

"When asked by reporters why Brazill wasn't given a chance to compete for a roster spot during camp, Heach Coach Chuck Pagano stated, "That silly bitch had more drugs in him than me when I was being treated for cancer. His eyes hard more red lines than a stack of graded term papers in a college Freshmen English class"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sirtommygunn posted:

I doubt Manziel would've been the difference maker for the Jets taking the division from NE.

Quoting for posterity when the Brown win the AFC North.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
How did this loving guy get to thinking the tier breaks could be so arbitrary? Why aren't the tiers Sub 2, sub 3, sub 4, sub 5?

No, you're right, because he can't have Schaub in the 3rd tier or Cam in the 2nd. That would be a travesty. Fuckin' please, man.

shiksa posted:

32 tiers, each subtly-but definitely-different from one another. Truly the only way to rank.

Ah yes, the Pete Venkman laundry method.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Matt Ryan isn't in the first tier? What a loving outrage. What a Travesty. :downs:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rasczak posted:

BRB gonna watch some Marcus Mariota youtubes

Don't you mean "Film?"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Eh. Heh heh. Heh. No

Detroit Dogg nearly got banned fighting the good fight to get the "let's gently caress 2d underage girls" game thread closed in ADTRW :patriot:

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

Vegas is the same way if you have a bunch of money and a point to make.

He could crush her tiny head with his mutant-league hands.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Smarms posted:

Fixed that one for ya.

don't forget rich

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dattserberg posted:

Wait, what's that now??

I mean, Matt Stafford's 5k yard season and playoff berth...

For the last few years, they've also "been in the mix" or whatever in the NFC North until the last few weeks of the year when they completely loving suicide themselves, letting the Packers just stumble away with it while starting Matt Flynn.

The year of the Thanksgiving Day Red Flag Debacle was basically the worst they've done over the Healthy Matt Stafford/Megatron stretch.

Unlike the Raiders, Browns, Bills, Jags, I at least EXPECT the Lions to be winning games. So I'm disappointed when I see them doing poorly. Those other 4 teams just make me smile when they win a game. I laugh so hardily at whoever they beat outside of their Failsome Foursome.

edit:
I'm always rooting for those 5 teams unless they're playing the Falcons.

MourningView posted:

Apparently the high school player punched him first if that changes anything.

Future Browns 1st round pick, right there.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jul 7, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

SlipUp posted:

Even if Gordon never plays another down for Cleveland they got loads of value for a supplemental 2nd round pick.

He gave Cleveland fan hope, the very cruelest of gifts.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bort Bortles posted:

I have this gif handy:

But an all time fav of mine would be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTGco82JKHo (I linked this one because of the audio at the end)

Hahahaha, omg...

That loving lateral circus worked, and then the most central play of modern football the extra point... gets missed.

That announcer screamed like he just watched someone murder his child.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Here's some of my favorite plays by the Ryan/Smith-era Falcons. My favorite plays are usually the comedy option.

.1)http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Harry-Douglas-Catches-Ball-off-Raiders-Defender-head.gif - Harry Douglas catches a ball that was dinked off of a Raider's Helmet.
.2)http://cosbysweaters.nextimpulsemedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/turner2_medium.gif - Mike Turner throws Eric Weems into a block and get 5 more yards for his efforts.
.3)Almost any loving play by Jaquizz Rodgers in the 2012 season, they're too numerous and awesome and he does't get a lot of gif love.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

If comedy is your thing you need to include the Panthers punting on 4th and nothing from the Falcons 45 and then this happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLB3BUcv0bE

Yeah send your best corner on a delayed blitz, put Norman, who doesn't know the plays, on an island, and hope Haruki Nakamura isn't the absolute trash we all know he is.

I didn't include that because it's seriously too many great plays to bring out the emotion... Cam's costly fumble, The 60 yd TD to white, the next 2 plays to Harry Dougs and Tony G, the field goal...

That poo poo was a magic emotional roller coaster that seriously wasn't topped until the divisional round against the Seahawks.

Seriously, though, watch this Rodgers poo poo... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgH51Ijtzrg&feature=kp

He's not Beast Mode, but he seriously clowned some people in 2012. Having an unhealthy Roddy, no Julio... it took away the threat of a deep passing attack, and since the defense could play it in close, Rodgers did loving -nothing- in 2013.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 8, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boba Phat posted:

It should just be a Seahawk with its' talons locked onto a basketball that it is trying desperately to rip out of David Stern's hands.

:laffo:, this is great.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

1) Joe Montana
2) Steve Young
3) Tom Brady

Tom Brady basically watches film 24 hours/day from what I hear. I'm not sure he belongs on this list.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A Man and his dog posted:

Lol, the Texans won't have any leverage with Watt and will be backing up the Brinks truck to his house.

If Clowney lives up to expectations... and they draft a decent franchise quarterback in 2015, the Texans will be up against it in 2020, cap-wise. I think that's the first realistic shot any other team will have at signing Watt.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Please tell me this is real, and not be lying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bort Bortles posted:

Wait why is it Billy Fiveaces and Rex when the game is NE vs Denver :confused:

Shut the gently caress up, Gerry.

• Locked thread