Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Rolando failed his conditioning test a few months ago and then retired again. I have no idea how that trade worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Apparently you can still get medical clearance for wacky facemasks.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Joe Flacco's not #1? What an awful list.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The ones for Baltimore are:

Flacco to Jacoby miracle TD in Denver
Jermaine Gresham'sLewis TD return in Super Bowl XXXV
Ray Lewis' pick six against Tennessee in 2000

Pretty good picks although I'd personally change the Jermaine Gresham TD to this play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIvTi5y61kk&t=17s
That game was really intense. It was also Dennis Pitta's breakout game.

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 7, 2014

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Atticus Finch posted:

Jermaine... Gresham?

I brain farted on a name because I'm very good at being very stupid.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

He meant Jermaine Lewis. That moment had the added umph of either his wife recently having a premey baby who passed and Lewis pointing up to the sky and collapsing into sobs over it immediately after the run. It was really intense.

My favorite is probably Torrey Smith's last second touchdown against the Steelers in his rookie year. That one is mostly bias because it's the play that led to my girlfriend becoming a proper football fan.

The thing that made the Torrey catch even better was 2-3 plays before that Torrey had another shot at clinching the game but the ball bounced off of his hands. He went back to the huddle and was nearly crying thinking he had lost the game.

That whole drive was intense actually, here's a good video of the whole thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIbyuScCZqY

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

Go outside? Heh, I got a perfectly good basement right here. Why would I leave, idiot?

Hey he left the basement to go have fun once. After he got his big contract he went to Vegas to celebrate.

...with two Mormons (Heap and Pitta). I honestly don't know what the gently caress they did. Probably drinking chocolate milk out of crazy straws while playing Go Fish.

The three of them are probably in Joe's basement painting warhammer figurines at this very moment.

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLhGFvGTwNQ

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jul 9, 2014

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

If he didn't get destroyed 4 times per game because he was constantly bailing out lovely QBs, we could've had at least a season or two of Heap + Pitta. :smith:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Intruder posted:

JJ is better than your best defensive lineman. This is addressed to anyone who isn't a Texans fan

Haloti Ngata owns bones when his arm isn't hanging off of his body. :(

e: Oh yea, I have exciting news. Bernard Pollard invented a tray you put over your sink.

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jul 9, 2014

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

wheez the roux posted:

but...how do you use the sink...you'd have the take everything off of it every time to...what the gently caress!!

e:

i can't say i've ever had that problem so uhhh sure

he tackled the problem the same way he does on the field: with aggressive stupidity

But you can put it in the dishwasher!

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Maybe going to jail is a part of Baltimore's offseason program.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

MourningView posted:

It wasn't even that he turned me down, he told me to gently caress off. I was 8

Jim Kelly rules

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

Got NFL Game Rewind again. Any cool entertaining games from the last couple of years that went under the radar? They don't necessarily have to be 3 point overtime wins or anything, just fun or funny to watch. Like this one isn't under the radar but I'm watching 49ers-Patriots now, where the 49ers got out to the 38-10 lead and then blew the lead and then still won.

Cowboys-Ravens 2012 was a really crazy game.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Ugh, the Tebow season ruled and all but the commentary was always the worst part. In the game against the Dolphins, every lovely throw (every throw) he attempted had the commentators going "THATS NOT HIS FAULT THAT WAS A BAD ROUTE" or something like that. It was sad.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Uh college football does. Right at the end of August. The NFL Preseason isn't what I'd call football. It mostly exists so we can ironically cheer for Tyrod Taylor and sperg over new season graphics packages

There's nothing ironic about Tyrod Time. :colbert:

e: oh yea here's this

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jul 20, 2014

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

It's likely his last season at least in Baltimore and I'll be doing it unironically

They might actually keep 3 QBs on the roster this season so there's a chance he stays!

vv rest assured, swickles my friend, Tyrod Time is as real as it gets.

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 20, 2014

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

He didn't fight back? I thought Cam Cameron taught him how to throw

His fighting style was too conservative and his punches constantly got jammed at his side.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

The Ravens are the exact opposite of what the NFL wants.

-Conservative offense
-Defensive minded
-Violent
-Brash

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

Don't forget Superbowl XXXV

The one where the best D of all time completely shut an offense out? That one owned.

vv Free peanuts and a beer ticket

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

That was actually Superbowl 48

Psh, those scrubs on the Seahawks let the Broncos cross the 50 yard line like 3 times. Shameful. Also they allowed the offense to get a touchdown. Disgusting.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

This is a constant complaint about Ravens football but last season was the first time it really felt true.

No worries though. We've got this UDFA WR from Tennessee-Martin that's going to turn it all around. :negative:

gently caress that, we still have Marlon Brown. :colbert:

vv

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 22, 2014

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

The '12 Ravens weren't really that good at anything. Such a strange postseason that year.

The offense was its usual mediocre self and the defense could not stop the run or generate a pass rush. Felix Jones ran all over them in the regular season and it was sad. Cary Williams was the #1 corner since Webb was injured. The redzone defense was actually pretty good and was the only time I saw "bend but don't break" actually kinda work.

The offense would have probably put up decent stats if Cam didn't panic and scrap the no-huddle offense after week 2.

e: also what FH2C said, the O-line was finally unfucked in the playoffs and the interior line just played insanely well. Flacco barely got touched in the playoff game against Denver. Talib getting hurt in the AFCCG hurt NE badly since he was the only secondary player NE had that was worth anything. It was still cool completely shutting the Patriots out in the 2nd half of the game.

Also the crazy amounts of Flacco Bullshit in that playoff run.

You must be a Broncos fan
Man I would white knight the TFF Seahawks bros when TFF would dogpile them for trivial poo poo and you're making me regret that. :(

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jul 22, 2014

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

This is what he's aiming for...

I still like him because I'm obliged to anyone who embarrasses Denver like that, I was a Giants/Redskins/49ers fan for years. Yes my joy comes from hating better (cheating, dirty, horse faced) teams than the one I cheer for, why do you ask?

Nothing wrong with that. I have no reason to like the Giants but I think they're really rad for beating the Pats in two Super Bowls.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Intruder posted:

I wonder if Lord Waffle Beard is a Chich long con

Nah, it's more like if Conquistador was a Hawks fan.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Tom Brady might be a chatch at times but he's never poured bleach on one of his own children so he has that going for him.

Pouring bleach on your child is the secret to winning a Super Bowl in today's NFL, Tom just doesn't get it.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

The Catch III :c00l:

Alex Smith going super saiyan against New Orleans is one of my favorite games ever

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Manoueverable posted:

I seriously don't know how I'm gonna feel about the Seahawks being the heels of TFF next season :(

It's going to be a mountain of trolling and counter-trolling, win or lose, and there's a decent chance we are gonna eat ourselves alive by Week 8

Everyone hating your team is awesome. Even better if they are actually a good football team. People getting Really Mad when their team loses to yours is probably the best thing about football.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

football fuckerman posted:

Here's an obscure and meaningless story or fact about my team:

oh man :master: :drat: :thurman:

e: :vince: :eyepop:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

DupaDupa posted:

I wish the Ravens cut him outright. Its not like they were going to get any utility out of a busted rear end Ray Rice anyway.

They're locked into a lovely contract with him. It's up in the air if he's actually completely lost it all or not. He had injuries on both of his legs and the dumbass put on 20 pounds to try and be a power-runner. He's lost the weight (i think he's in the best shape of his life) so I guess they're going to see how much he's lost since they are stuck with a lovely contract anyway.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

I'd like to think if he repeats 2013, they'll just cut him outright in the offseason. Of course, that probably also depends on Brandon Pierce being decent, especially in the 2 games Rice is out.

Bernard Pierce was playing injured last year as well. The guy looked awesome in the 2012 playoffs but that was his longest stretch of not being injured.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

MonsterWalk posted:

The NFL is a real super fucker sometimes, guys.

Yea. Terrell Suggs gives his wife the business with a dash of Clorox and Larry Fitzgerald drags his wife across the floor by her hair and that got swept under the rug pretty quickly. If there was no video evidence Ray Rice probably would've been in the clear even if he did get arrested that night. When guys piss hot they just better hope there was a fuckup in the test itself otherwise they can't lawyer their way out of it.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

we traded for Zuttah in the offseason so we're definitely in the market for some schiano-men

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Intruder posted:

may contain peanuts, and it wasn't painful to read, it was amazing and brilliant

my favorite was Gonad doing bible quotes during the 2011 playoffs.

Intruder posted:

Even after Rodgers and Cutler went down, he remained steadfast and confident
always listen to the poo poo guy

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

old dog child posted:

I never really understood your av/title combo until now

i agree, he needed way more outrage in that objective post on how the league handled the situation

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

the league is dumb and does dumb things

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

ray did nothing wrong

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i wish i was ray's wife right now

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

TubeStank posted:

No, you're really not. You're playing devil's advocate for no reason. There is literally no reason why the NFL could not have handed down a stiffer penalty on Rice or, say...

speculating on the NFL's reasons for the suspension isn't playing devil's advocate

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Vengarr posted:

I can't wrap my head around the idea of Ray Rice not being good at football. I have to insist that this was just a down season or something.

The offensive line was the worst in the league. On top of that, Rice had an injury on each of his legs. Bernard Pierce was also injured so there was no change of pace whatsoever. Defenses could just rush 4 guys and get a lot of pressure/penetration through the line easily. Rice has been a workhorse ever since he was in college, so it's up in the air if it was a down year or not.

I think he's got at least a year or two of decent production left. The line has already been greatly improved over last season so I'm sure he'll have a better year. If anything else, it's pretty hard to do any worse than last year.

Also Rice was a dumbass and put on 20 pounds in 2013 to try and be a power-back. He's not, and it obviously didn't help. He's since lost the weight.

Joe Flacco was the team's best rusher last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Also Rice had five billion touches at Rutgers.

Yea he had ~1000 carries in college I think

Kalli posted:

Didn't they also switch to zone blocking last year without like any of the personnel you want to do zone blocking with?

They had this weird "partial" zone blocking scheme. It was really dumb. It was mainly just a lovely line. Gino Gradkowski was amazingly bad at center. Osemele was out for the season (he didn't get offseason surgery and it bit him in the rear end, the few games he played he was just hurt and it showed). Shipley filled in for Osemele, and Shipley was worse at guard than Gino was at center. Marshal Yanda had a down year and was inconsistent. Oher was the league's worst run-blocker. So by the middle of the season the line was Eugene Monroe and Marshal Yanda on a down year.

Osemele is back and healthy, the Ravens traded for Zuttah (nothing special, he's a pretty average player but it's still leagues ahead of Gino.) So even if Yanda isn't his usual worldbeating self and just stays a bit more consistent the line will be vastly improved. The only real question mark is the RT position, which is having a camp-competition currently.

e: try and look for any footage of the Ravens v Bears game. The Bears had such a bad run defense that the Ravens o-line was opening up holes for Rice. He actually looked like himself during that game.

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 25, 2014

• Locked thread