Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

superaielman posted:

Excellent news for the Cowboys fans: They've traded for an LB to fix the defense.

" Dallas traded 6th-rd pick for LB Rolando McClain and Baltimore's 7th-rd pick, per source"

Oh my god a team actually gave us something for Rolando McClain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It would have been nice to see the Bills be the one good NY team for a season for once

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raiderettes win; team to pay cheerleaders CA minimum wage ($9/hr) this season

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

Aaron Rodgers is the best player in the NFL?

2013 Rodgers resulted in this

so why not, gently caress it, I won't argue

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@RapSheet
#Chiefs OL Rokevious Watkins is suspended for the 1st 4 games of 2014 for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sour Diesel posted:

Joe Flacco's not #1? What an awful list.

Not an all-time list

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rasczak posted:

There are times when y'all make me look downright optimistic

Expecting the current 2014 Cowboys to get 8 wins is optimistic

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's not even surprising anymore

It's just sad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

His drug test appeal hearing's later this month too. Wow.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:smith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hockles posted:

What's great, it wasn't even a whole two seasons...

Missed 2 games last year, and also caught passes the whole time from Weeden/Campbell. Imagine what he could have done with a good QB, even with the 2 games missed!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

One thing that didn't get mentioned during the Gordon news:

@JasonLaCanfora
Browns former regime (Lombardi/Banner) fearing Josh Gordon's deep off-field issues, were shopping him. 49ers came closest to meeting price

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

News: Seahawks are going to be better than last year
Views: There is no way they dont win the superbowl again, there is no team to challenge tehm

We all make fun now, but then next Super Bowl will arrive and they win by over 40 again and welp

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Welp cancel the season. We already know what's happening.

gently caress that, I want to see in-thread reactions the moment Weeden starts a game in Dallas

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A Man and his dog posted:

This is why the NFC East owns. All teams are poo poo and no one knows who will win it...

We all know who will win it

Either the Giants, Eagles, or Washington

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It will turn out that all the Raiders needed to not suck all along was Matt Schaub.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

warcrimes posted:

Okay, I just don't see anything he excelled at in college translating to the NFL, but fair enough.

He was always going to be spectacular in the NFL.

It was just either going to be a spectacular HOF-caliber player, or a spectacular mess of a failure. Either way, it's going to be entertaining to see, and it really has been since he was drafted.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

JFF2Gordon is going to own so hard.

uhhhhhh

did you hear the news about Gordon

ed: The thought of Carroll getting a second chance to #askquestions, oh god

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh, it's a meme

Cool, let's ban the rear end in a top hat for the racist meme then

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

Joe Flacco still owns for being the most boring dude alive

Everybody else gets in trouble

Not Joe. A model football player and inspiration. Stay at home, kids

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sour Diesel posted:

Hey he left the basement to go have fun once. After he got his big contract he went to Vegas to celebrate.

...with two Mormons (Heap and Pitta). I honestly don't know what the gently caress they did. Probably drinking chocolate milk out of crazy straws while playing Go Fish.

The three of them are probably in Joe's basement painting warhammer figurines at this very moment.

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLhGFvGTwNQ

I miss Heap :smith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kirios posted:

Sounds like a lot of people are jealous JJ Watt's not on their team. :smug:

Also upset he'll never get a ring :smith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Joe Flacco's idea of flirting with somebody is taking them to his basement and turning on the disco ball light instead of the regular lights

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@AlbertBreer
One thing to remember, from Houston's end ... Trading Andre Johnson would mean swallowing almost $12 million in dead money.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'd say I hope they aren't planning on making the playoffs this season, but then I remember Fitzpatrick's their starting QB, so all of this kinda makes sense.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm going to laugh in disbelief when Aaron gets off. You know some random dude from New England is going to say he's not guilty...

American Justice System at work...

He's on trial for the Odin thing, and then months later he's on trial again for the 2012 double-homicide. It'd take a lot of incompetency for him to walk away from both unscathed and go right back to the NFL.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

computer parts posted:

If it's like the last curse to be lifted then they'll get to the playoffs

already an improvement

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't make fun of soccer anymore

A team gave up 10 points total in one week and it was the most hilarious sports thing I've seen in 2014 thus far

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ErectorBeast posted:

Absolutely not true.

The most hilarious sports thing of 2014 thus far was a team giving up 43 points in about three hours.

3 hours that had no shots of crying Peyton/Broncos fans/kids

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I agree. As far as offseasons go, this has been a solid one. I suspect this next month will be brutal, but there's always PRESEASON in 3 weeks.

For some reason every offseason this year has been great. I hope it keeps up when this NFL season ends immediately with an Alex Smith extension.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure the consensus is that they don't give a poo poo until you suck at Football.

2013 Ray Rice

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

Only because we're advanced NFL fans and we favor comedy more than competence

My favorite NFL moments are still the Buttfumble and the Thursday Night Game-Ending Safety, and maybe the entirety of the last Super Bowl

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Erin Andrews is replacing Pam Oliver on Fox's NFL sideline team

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's one of those things where he doesn't have to go the lengths he is for this (could have just filed suit, didn't need the press conference attention/hype), but the Vikings clearly found something horrible (otherwise they would've just shown him the findings because who gives a poo poo).

If the result of this means he gets what he wants, the Vikings are embarrassed, somebody's fired, and then for the most part I never have to hear Chris Kluwe nationally again, this will be a good thing. Not holding my breath though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Dallas seriously thinks Weeden is better than Orton.

The gently caress.

Probably has more to do with the fact he's been considering retirement all offseason and hasn't reported to them once in that time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

holy poo poo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NFL and DirecTV finally agree to sell Sunday Ticket streaming package

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Volkerball posted:

But not to PC?

PC's available

quote:

Now you can access live, out-of-market NFL games without a DIRECTV satellite TV account—no matter what team you follow! NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV lets you stream games on your computer, tablet, phone, or game console. All while keeping up with real-time player stats and your fantasy teams.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Does this mean that he said no to $17 mil/yr, wants more, and the conversation didn't permanently end right then and there?

Alex Smith's going to end up being hella paid. Just put Parmesan in hiding now while he's not too angry to type

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@ProFootballTalk 3m
Per source, Kluwe walked around multiple times with hole in the back of his shorts, claiming to be a Sandusky victim.

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

No other player who can still play will

Connor Barwin has and does

• Locked thread