Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Tony only quit an individual sport, he didn't selfishly turn his back on his brothers in arms by quitting the team. And he quit because of an injury not because he's a huge wuss. Barry remains the gold standard for me-first quitters.

Also say what you will about his choking but he never wound up with negative yards in a playoff game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

whypick1 posted:

Of course he's not facing charges.

As I understand that story he probably shouldn't? Wasn't the whole thing just some dumbassery? I mean, of the not dangerous sort. As opposed to the other dumbassery that Aldon has gotten into and was charged for.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
No charges filed against Aldon Smith for his bomb threats? :laffo: what a joke.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Bort Bortles posted:

Also shouldnt 100% humidity be swimming in bathtub water?

water vapour =/= liquid water

Athanatos posted:

Tony Romo has given up golf due to his offseason back surgeries.

Brandon Weeden: your 2014 National Football League Starting Quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8SsCqpa-Lk

Note to NFCE safeties, if you stay in zone coverage Brandon Weeden simply cannot see you.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Athanatos posted:

I tried Romo chat. I even tee'd up a "He should stick to Golf instead."

The offseason pull is too strong.
You make a good point. I personally hate touching Tony Romo news.

Kalli posted:

I know there's not much news, but you have Manziel hanging out with Bieber, that should keep everyone occupied for days.
:stonk:

SlipUp posted:

water vapour =/= liquid water
But if there is 100% water vapor :iamafag:

Atticus Finch posted:

I tried with "cops suck" chat.
Eh, thats still not football chat :\

Probably Magic posted:

And I appreciate summer much more now that I don't live five miles from the Ohio River, ugh, that sucked, NC summer is so much better.
I am fairly certain NC is the opposite of a factory of sadness (except the state gov, that is built out of failure and aids).

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 1, 2014

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Is it training camp yet?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Andy Dalton's wife gave birth to their son today, Noah Andrew Dalton.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

40 days and 40 nights of incomplete passes

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Last 14 years of arrests for each team:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That's not fair, like 15 of SF's are Aldon Smith.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

quote:

MINNEAPOLIS -- Once the Minnesota Vikings' minicamp concluded last week, it meant rookie quarterback Teddy Bridgewater wouldn't have a team to practice with until the start of training camp on July 25. But Bridgewater still has a method for studying the Vikings' offense.

Bridgewater said last week he's imported the Vikings' playbook into his Madden NFL football game, which allows him to take "virtual reps" by practicing with the Vikings' offense against defenses he'd see in an actual game. He did the same thing in college, adding the Louisville Cardinals' playbook to a NCAA football video game for his Xbox, and he'll continue the practice in the NFL.

"It helps because you get one more rep than you had in practice, actual practice," he said. "Any chance you get to take an extra rep or go the extra step, extra mile, it's going to be very beneficial transferring it to the field."

EA Sports added a feature to its Madden video games several years ago that allows users to create their own playbooks, and the games have become realistic enough that it's not difficult to imagine players using them as a preparation tool. New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees said as much last fall, and Bridgewater wouldn't even be the first Minnesota athlete to make regular use of the practice; when he was pitching for the Minnesota Twins, Johan Santana used to study hitters' tendencies by playing as himself and facing them in a PlayStation game.

It's another case of life-imitates-art-imitates-life (or maybe life-imitates-leisure-imitates-life), but Bridgewater says it works for him.

"I try to take as many reps as I can, whether it's on a video game, playing EA Madden Football or in the playbook, just drawing it or just visualizing it in my head," Bridgewater said. "I try to just maximize every rep I can get and every opportunity that I can take."

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

I'm so looking forward to Teddy throwing bombs next year.

He will somehow die or suck because Vikings

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

I'm so looking forward to Teddy throwing bombs next year.

He will somehow die or suck because Vikings

Teddy rolls out left, sprints directly toward the sideline and throws a 70 yard pass against his body. Been practicing that all off season coach.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

D'awww he looks so cute with his widdle bow tie. :3:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Why did Minnesota have to get him? :sigh:

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Athanatos posted:

Teddy rolls out left, sprints directly toward the sideline and throws a 70 yard pass against his body. Been practicing that all off season coach.

He is going to be quite depressed next season when he doesn't throw at least 70 TD's.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Athanatos posted:

Like all of that for KC is the Larry Johnson-Tam Vanover-Bam Morris-drunk rear end Jared Allen era which is pretty lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Everyone stop wearing loving bow ties right now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

One of the arrests for the Patriots is for a punter who got cut then beat up his dad at a bar.

One of the other ones is for murdering like at least 3 people.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MourningView posted:

Everyone stop wearing loving bow ties right now.

I blame Bruce Bowen

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Bow ties own.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I blame Bruce Bowen

Personally I blame Dhani Jones.

Echoing the words of like every strong safety he's ever played with.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Atticus Finch posted:

Bow ties own.

It's a fedora you tie around your neck

Kalli posted:

Personally I blame Dhani Jones.

Echoing the words of like every strong safety he's ever played with.

lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

Bolo ties own.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

One of the arrests for the Patriots is for a punter who got cut then beat up his dad at a bar.

Is it players arrested or number of times they were arrested? Technically the murder guy probably was booked for each night of murders even if he was arrested at jail.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Parmesan Basil posted:

Like all of that for KC is the Larry Johnson-Tam Vanover-Bam Morris-drunk rear end Jared Allen era which is pretty lol

Still way more than Oakland :allears:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

MourningView posted:

It's a fedora you tie around your neck
But bow ties look good.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Elephanthead posted:

Is it players arrested or number of times they were arrested? Technically the murder guy probably was booked for each night of murders even if he was arrested at jail.

Just arrests.

So 1 guy getting arrested twice: 2

Kalli posted:

This is way more loving hilarious than it should be.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Blitz7x posted:

Still way more than Oakland :allears:

we were evil on the outside but you're evil on the inside so it evens out

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
I like that the Raiders have the least amount of arrests in the AFC West but we're the team with the thug image. Meanwhile John Elway flashes his horse teeth at the media and everyone forgets about how many assholes their team has. gently caress Denver forever.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Athanatos posted:

Did the Sex Boat guys ever get officially arrested? That explains Minnesota

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Bolo ties own.

I've lived in Texas most of my life and even I know that's not true

Trip report: just spent an hour in the pool, July is back to owning

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Luminous Cow posted:

I like that the Raiders have the least amount of arrests in the AFC West but we're the team with the thug image. Meanwhile John Elway flashes his horse teeth at the media and everyone forgets about how many assholes their team has. gently caress Denver forever.

The Raiders have earned their image over the course of their existence.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

The Raiders have earned their image over the course of their existence.

Of course, but I'm with him on the gently caress Denver forever part.

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.
Excellent news for the Cowboys fans: They've traded for an LB to fix the defense.

" Dallas traded 6th-rd pick for LB Rolando McClain and Baltimore's 7th-rd pick, per source"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I thought Rolando McClain quit football.

DOOP posted:

Did the Sex Boat guys ever get officially arrested? That explains Minnesota

I bet like half of them are DWI's.

Like 4 guys were charged from the sex boat thing.

Then there was that Adrian Peterson arrest for being a scary looking dude.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

superaielman posted:

Excellent news for the Cowboys fans: They've traded for an LB to fix the defense.

" Dallas traded 6th-rd pick for LB Rolando McClain and Baltimore's 7th-rd pick, per source"

Came here to post this. I can't believe we got something out of Rolando McClain.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Hey now, you take this Rolando McClain. Look at that guy. That right there is unfiltered enthusiasm, like a ray of sunshine into a locker room. I'm telling you, that can be channeled into a winning, can-do attitude.

That is precisely what this team needs. This, gentlemen, is clearly a Right Kinda Guy (RKG).

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sean Lee's on IR. We're in for some zany MNFs this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Bolo ties are terrible

Bow ties either are gross looking or fantastic with no middle ground

Just buy a damned tie

• Locked thread