Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bobby Lashley used to be my best evidence that John Cena is a great wrestler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The idea that TNA is booking Kenny around his stripping dates and that it isn't the other way around is pretty silly. TNA forgets to use him for months because they are a stupid company not because he's too busy stripping.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Memento posted:

Have TNA ever pretended that they test for drugs?

They tested once, a dozen guys failed for steroids, several more for other things and they never tested again.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Found the document TNA submitted to Congress showing their first and only drug test results:

http://oversight-archive.waxman.house.gov/documents/20081231141013.pdf

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

He invites people to take pics of him unconscious (whether sleeping normally or zonked out on drugs) on airplanes? :confused:

He loves attention.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Deadpool posted:

Let's do no sides. Figure out how to beat physics and just have a circle of ropes with no turnbuckles.

Backyard Wrestling has been doing this for years!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Only days later until they saw the gif. Very few caught it live.

I am pretty sure they had something to say about it on Lockdown.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

I doubt that! It was Sacrifice.

Whichever Hard Justice is was.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Call Me Charlie posted:

I hope he gets one last WWE run.

(what am I talking about? you know he's heading to gfw :cripes:)

I hope he doesn't, for his sake and the fact he's such an rear end in a top hat.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Memento posted:

This is a great analogy. Global Force Wrestling is literally the Phantom Console of prograps.

It's the Ouya. The unprecedented interactivity Jarrett has promised is a kickstarter. (If you listen to Jeff Jarrett's interviews he's as clueless as Julie too.)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Memento posted:

But Ouya eventually delivered a product, regardless of how irredeemably lovely it was. Is GFW ever going to get past the massive-promises stage?

T-shirts and trucker caps.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Since this event was all about WWA and TNA here is the kind of quality you got with WWA PPVs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsrWuJqD0fo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Generico posted:

It occurs to me that, despite the makeup being smeared, Joker Sting is really WAY more Cesar Romero than Heath Ledger.

That's true just based on having face paint covering facial hair.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Burt Buckle posted:

How long has it been since Sting has wrestled? I don't remember when his last TNA match was.

January.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Here's my favorite, Luger and Sting are in such bad shape that instead of wrestling they cut promos on each other in the middle of this PPV main event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xDl9AagEdU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jason Sextro posted:

I actually really enjoyed Sting's matches with Vader in WCW, there was some really good storytelling that surprised me. I can't remember which one specifically, but there was one match where the story was that Sting wasted too much energy doing power moves, so by the end Vader won when Sting didn't have the strength to powerslam him anymore and Vader fell on top.

I don't think he'd ever be among the upper echelon, but I think he's sometimes underrated.

Sting could have great matches but they were almost entirely before 1996. After that point his good matches are limited to DDP who planned his matches out extensively and Kurt Angle and well, he's Kurt Angle. Even before 96 there isn't much after the end of the Vader series. It's hard to call someone underrated when he was mostly bad for 20 years.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ghidzilla posted:

Can't hate Sting. He was my hero when I was a little mark and when I met him in 1990 when I was 12 I timidly went up to him and asked if it was really him and did he really hurt his knee and he said yes and showed me the scar and gave me his autograph. Talked to me for ten minutes even though he was running late for a flight (so I later found out).

The point is that Sting, for as bad as he got, will always be my hero and I can't hate the guy ever.

Please never ever watch a WWA PPV with Sting on it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Biggest Draw in the History of Wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Aren't they mostly taped until late August? He'd have to turn heel at the very last taping to do so.

They have six shows to tape on those tapings so it is enough time for Angle to turn heel and then return as the conquering babyface.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BrigadierSensible posted:

So Hogan wrote that?? I thought it was TNA being dumbarses, (which it was), but now it is yet another brick in the mansion that is the orange goblins shrine to his own gargantuan ego and inability to ever look bad on TV.

Hogan probably didn't write it, that was likely what they came up to try and please him. At the time it was possible he'd return.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bobby Lashley has already lost to an obvious can and I don't mean JT.

He also got brutalized by a middleweight when he gassed in the third round.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cardboard Box posted:

I'd imagine his record is artificially inflated by fighting no-names in MMA C-leagues, right?

I wasn't kidding when I said he fought a middleweight. It wasn't even a fat guy who could theoretically fight at middleweight, it was someone who fought at middleweight. Other opponents include:

The crappier Guida
Bob Sapp
Occasionally Homeless Person Wes Sims

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lotus Brony posted:

Is Belator at risk of losing their Spike deal? If not, and with TNA doing this cross promotion, it feels to me that it might be an indication Spike will want TNA around for a while longer. And while TNA's numbers may not be anything to even mention, they're not completely bad for a sports show (other sport shows being vaulting or maybe swim meets).

Bellator is owned by Viacom so they are at no risk unless Viacom decides they don't want to lose money on MMA. (Given the information that is public, Bellator itself is not turning a profit.) They just underwent a change in management though so this may be nothing more than Scott Coker thinking there is money in Lashley. He used him in Strikeforce.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Memento posted:

Does Bellator do things like hold events in states with athletic commissions, or test for PEDs? They don't seem like a particularly professional outfit.

They mostly run on reservations and former Bellator fighters have laughed when drug testing came up.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

maffew buildings posted:

i thought lashley v sims was called off due to an athletic commission deeming it unfair or something. which wes sims fight am i thinking of massrafter? wasn't the commission ohio, notable land of the people who kept brian ebersole out of the US for years because they'd never seen capoeira

also glad to see lashley is going to be the greatest two sport world champ of all time. eff u brock, bobby got this

I think that was Tim Sylvia, because Tim Sylvia is such a legitimate fighter.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Apple Craft posted:

When TNA switched to the 4-sided ring, people called it dumb and that TNA was giving up what made it different. Now that they are going back to a 6-sided ring, people are calling it dumb and saying that TNA is just trying to be different.

People also said "Who gives a poo poo it doesn't matter" as well as "The six sided ring is dumb this isn't dumb."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

skaboomizzy posted:

I didn't hate this week's Impact, but they're never getting that hot a crowd again. I strongly suspect the August NYC tapings are going to be terrible because you can only coast on ECW nostalgia for so long. If arena management has decided to raise the price for the building just because they know Dixie will tape there at a loss, it's even funnier.

They were already taping there at a loss so what's more loss?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

skaboomizzy posted:

I somehow had missed that tidbit. So facility management found a way to gouge Dixie even deeper. Amazing.

I'm guessing once TNA finally dies for good ROH will get their old rate back because it beats having the building empty.

ROH will be out-maneuvering TNA.

TNA is running three dates upstairs from the ballroom ROH runs, I doubt one has anything to do with the other. They are raising their rates for other reasons.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bartok posted:

Can't believe I am defending Taz, but I was always taught that it was rude to ask people how much they make. Even people that work for TNA deserve that little bit of respect.

He's not asking him how much he made to dig into his private life. Taz is being a dick about Wade not liking anything and just criticizing TNA and "maybe you should open your own company" so Wade asks him that question because no one is getting raises. The company is in a lovely state. It's not the nicest way to say it, but you can tell Taz knows it is true.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Flameingblack posted:

Racism, misogyny, pushing the limits of what's allowed on TV, blatantly ignoring their instructions

If you might want to tell Spike you don't like that TNA employs such a man you could always go here:

http://www.spike.com/about/contact-us

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The announcement is they are moving onto XPW nostalgia for the next tapings. Fans please welcome "The Hardcore Homo" to TNA.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cardboard Box posted:

he's a cool dude, except for all those parts where he's a gigantic loving scumbag creep

And his reported love of the N word.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cardboard Box posted:

that ties into being a scumbag pretty well

I originally meant to reply to coco but Russo wasn't worth hitting back or thinking of a new post.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Apple Craft posted:

Why does everyone hate Aries so much? I mean, I get the idea that he's a jerk, but it's not like that's anything new in the wrasslin' business is it? The guy can work and make his opponents look great. Is there some horrendous behind the scenes stuff I missed?

Aries was kind of likable to sociopaths like myself because he was such a loving douche in real life that it was kind of endearing. (Like Jamie Varner.) Then he got into the Boston Bombing conspiracy tweets, the sexually harassing Christy Hemme and other idiocy and it was just dumb.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Great White Hope posted:

If WWE buys TNA, it's possible the weeklies end up on the Network, but I'd expect them to put up Impact first, since it's much, much higher quality video than the weeklies.

There is so much racism, sexism and homophobia on the weeklies that WWE might not want that stuff on the Network. It makes the Attitude era look PC.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

Remember when Miss Tessmacher's character was Eric Bischoff's prostitute

It had been 8 years so it was OK for TNA to repeat themselves.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ghidzilla posted:

This company's run has gone on for longer than WCW's run and is almost a third longer than ECW's total run and my brain cannot comprehend this.

Not yet, they'll reach WCW in 3 months.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Testekill posted:

"The unmemorable force meets the indiscriminate object."

Wow, the Grand Ballroom looks anything but there. It's not well lit at all. It's not the best place to do TV, but they didn't do it any favors.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Testekill posted:

And yet it still makes them look better than the Impact Zone.

The Impact Zone never felt as small to me as the Grand Ballroom feels. Granted I've been in the Grand Ballroom and never been in the Impact Zone, but they shot the Impact Zone to feel like it was a small arena. Even at its best the Grand Ballroom looks kind of out of place for wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
When ROH was running there it was a huge step up because their typical venues looked pretty terrible and this was a legitimate nice looking room. TNA doesn't run the nicest places, but the Grand Ballroom just looks... off.

• Locked thread