Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Reene posted:

In deference to that other thread, post about a time a game managed to make you break into a cold buttsweat in sheer abject dread.

Ain't know if this really applies, but what the hell.

So I was running this demo of The Quiet Year and people were just narrating sick people left right and center. Eventually it materialized that there was some deadly disease happening everywhere around the little settlement and starting to creep in. When I drew the Autumn card about a disease I had no problem saying that we had no clue what was going on. We started up projects to... deal with it? Somehow? We didn't really know.

Near the end of Autumn we found the military had occupied a biological research facility to the north and we finally began to get in touch with them. Ray of hope!

But then Winter hit.

Two cards in, we get a card that instantly completes a project somehow and I'm like, great, there was an intact codebook in the weapon bunker and that convinces them we're real thinking people and not particularly astute zombies! All we need is another month for the cure!

As long as nothing bad comes out of the deck.

The very next week, the Frost Shepherds arrive.

poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread