Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

This is the July 2014 chat thread! Bring ye your shitposting and derails here. The old thread was here.

In deference to that other thread, post about a time a game managed to make you break into a cold buttsweat in sheer abject dread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

hey

so

elfgames

how bout those

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

I pee in the chest

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

ProfessorCirno posted:

I will not be buying this or any other WotC products for the foreseen future. Thanks for the heads up.

Same, and I've posted about it elsewhere. It's a drop in the bucket but if I can convince some people to boycott the product that's a victory in my mind.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

And publicly searchable.

Might as well google bomb the assholes.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

Swagger Dagger posted:

Literally nobody that just plays RPGs every now and then know who Zak S or RPG Pundit are.

This doesn't excuse WotC for shouting them out or anything, but they're only really ruining the hobby if you pay attention to their infinitesimally small fiefdoms. I've kinda hated grognards.txt for years because I think it gives those people a larger readership than they would ever have otherwise.

This has been said but you can't fall back on the "they're just two small voices in the crowd and totally ignorable" defense when they're being given a shoutout on page one of the one single biggest tabletop RPG on the market that has historically more or less been the voice that defines the entire hobby.

I might take advice on emailing WotC, because that really isn't acceptable no matter how you cut it.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

Bucnasti posted:

Either way, drawing attention to this just validates these people and will have the same kind of unintended consequences as the Streisand Effect.

Ignoring abuse does not make it go away. It does not make it get better. It does not make it easier for the people who are the targets of it. Silence does literally the opposite of all of these things.

You are straight up flat out wrong about this one. People need to speak about it and keep speaking about it and never stop speaking about it until these people are actually driven to the utmost fringes of the hobby, not embraced and validated by one of the biggest players.

People need to keep speaking until the voices in every major medium and product are all saying "get out and don't come back, you're not welcome here."

Zak S is is an abuser and he will keep being an abuser until the response to his abuse stops being silence.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

On a happier note I read a bunch of little tidbits about it and am for real super IRL excited about the GMC Mage thing coming out soonish.

I don't think I've actually been this excited about an RPG book coming out in a couple of years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

FewtureMD posted:

So does that mean GMC Mageball League is gonna be holding tryouts soon? :v:

Hhhheh

I still feel like garbage for bailing on the game actually.

If my employment situation manages to improve by the time the new edition comes out, I'll see about GMC Mageball.

• Locked thread