Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

Cenen posted:

Well that and he openly talked backed to the instructors and the MTLs. We got told what sealed the deal was after he passed the EOC test he told some MTL he couldn't do anything to him since he was going to be leaving in about 5 days. Later got told by one of the NCOs in the class that there was probably no way they would have let him go anyway but that was just the icing on the cake.

HAHAHAHA SEE YOU LATER SHITLORDS

*drops the mic*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

At least he didn't graduate tech school and then not tell the MTLs about it for a week until he's discovered still living in the dorms. That guy later got kicked out for failure to adapt.

Maybe he hadn't gotten married yet and didn't want to miss the golden opportunity.

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012
Shipping October 1st for ATC. RIP

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

Dead Reckoning posted:

Why do you make daddy hit you?

I only joined for the free shirt

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012
It's really one step towards my ultimate dream of being like Tom Arnold in the movie McHale's Navy before all of the fighting where he was just a cool dude living a dope rear end life on an island and maybe I'll direct the occasional air traffic there. I will also need to find a baseball team made up of poor local children that I can coach.

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

Jaysus posted:

I didn't get poo poo from my DEP people. What the gently caress

Nowadays you get a really nice backpack (like legit it's as good as anything you could buy for less than $75), and they pretty much just take you into the "free poo poo room", tell you to open it and just start stuffing it full of AF branded crap. Probably 80% of it is throwaway but there are a few treasures.

I'll be 33 at the end of my first enlistment which is too old to be hired as an FAA ATC, so hopefully the contract ATC market will be alive and well by then.

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

Godholio posted:

Unless things have changed, the "under 31" rule doesn't apply if you have ATC experience in the military. I know of one person who was over 40 when hired on, but that was several years ago. I don't know if there's a min age or not.

Oh awesome. Thanks - I'll look into this. It would be great to stay in the states although picking up a contract in the Caribbean would be irresistible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

The AF gave me two formal encounters with a man named Dick Butts so I think I've gotten my money's worth.

drat I can only hope that my enlistment is as productive

• Locked thread