Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Godholio posted:

That's probably because she has about as many hours on the jet as I do. She's definitely a career officer vs a career ABM. Great OG and WG/CC though. I hope she keeps climbing.

A careerist ABM sounds like one of the worst possible choices to lead a command like PACAF. I'm sure she will command great respect from the PLAAF's top general after mentioning her awesome PME essays and strats from being an general's exec.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

xaarman posted:

It would be flying the E-11A BACN out of Kandyland.

Pros:
~650 hours in 6 months
Global Express 6000 type rating ($$ on the outside)
Free Airline Transport Professional license because training is contracted out (~$4k on the outside)
I need more flight time to be competitive as a direct hire to the major airlines

Cons:
Deploying.
Kandahar.
Air Force 24/7

Although I hear deployments are getting better as we draw down, IE less Chiefs outside the chow hall.

650 hrs in 6 months is ok I guess, but it's not going to really make a difference unless you are seriously low time when you get out. Like, if you were going to VSP and get out 3 months after the deployment and it put you at like 3000 hours, then yes, go do the deployment. But if you're not getting out for years and years, you'll probably get to 3000+ regardless, so you're just rushing for no reason. The type rating is pretty much only useful if you plan on doing corporate flying. Airlines won't really care that you have a GLEX type. The ATPL is nice, but then again I'm the kind of person who will pay 3k and just take a weekend checkride rather than go be deployed for 6 drat months to get it.

That said, if I lived in Enid, was single, had nothing better to do, and hadn't been deployed in like 1.5-2 years I'd probably just do it to bank the extra cash.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Godholio posted:

That's fine, but there's no reason to do it differently when deployed. You still have to take care of your people, and that includes aircrew progression.

It's not the job of the BACN unit to foster aircrew progression, it's their job to fly an operational deployed mission. The senior guy should get the A code, which is what xaar is looking for. Left seat time don't mean poo poo for turbine PIC.

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

buddy got an LOA and is desperately trying to avoid a UIF because of he-said she-said bullshit and even the leadership went all "well we know he probably didn't say it but it's about the perception"

he was making fun of how doing the duck walk in physical therapy makes you look like you have to take a poo poo and the girl thought he said "looks like someone got raped in the bathroom"

lol

He is a complete doormat if he doesn't take that to an IG or a court martial or whatever. If nobody can prove he did it, it didn't happen. If I was him, I'd throw the leadership under the bus for a false accusation too.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Dominoes posted:

Cutting 2-4 lines a day would solve many of the problems in the squadron. Shop heads are unable to get office days to prepare for TDYs, Mx can't get the lines, everyone's min crew rest, routine double-scheduling, scheduler-of-the-days are flying etc. Fewer lines mean less funding for the next fiscal year due to rules from high up, so leadership doesn't want to do it.

Anyone willing to review OPR bullets with me? PM

Welcome to the 7 stages of being a flyer. Right now you're somewhere between anger and bargaining.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

xaarman posted:

It's a weird reminder to see the different mindsets of military pilots vs non military pilots, re:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3541387&perpage=40&pagenumber=86#post431822954

If you get a contract job with 650 hrs in type mostly SIC then you will have successfully hacked the matrix and I tip my hat to you.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Genocide Tendency posted:

Sucker. I got a key ring and coffee mug with my shirt.

And a college education.

And the opportunity to fight for my country support dudes killing brown people for cheaper gas.

Unfortunately its still $3.85 a gallon. But we got that killing thing done pretty well!

Military benefits and war veteran credit without the PTSD or the pain and suck of actually have to be a grunt? I'd say you made out pretty well.

The next thing you need to do is sell out to one of those rich, hawkish conservative types who want to hire or do business with you because you're a patriotic war veteran and not a "typical lazy, entitled millennial".

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
Yeah man, if you can get stationed in a good place, you will have won at the Air Force. You are in one of the few jobs where you are going to get handed basically all the credentials you need for a really lucrative career once you leave.

Just don't gently caress it up.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
drat dude, you really do have a hard time letting go of the pain from your past life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
As we close out this month, I just wanted to offer up a few thoughts. Despite the fact that the Air Force is a horrible loving organization run by idiotic born again kool aid drinking country club political hack fucks, I must say, there is a certain nobility associated with being in one of the two most destructively powerful entities in the history of existence (that distinction is shared with our Navy bros). For those of you in the Army or Marines, sorry that you make lovely life decisions. But I'm sure the pathetic rationalizing masses of ultra proud Army/USMC vets with their gay bumper stickers and t-shirts can make you feel better about it or something, idk. Anyway....

The American Empire is larger, richer, more badass, more respected, and more admired than any other empire in the history of the world ever EVER. We fuckin launch steel chariots into the sky and rain immense destruction upon the savages below for daring to not pay their due respect to our power, like Zeus throwing lightning bolts. We fuckin throw indestructible titanium vessels of death into the water that sail around the world and gently caress with other people who can't do poo poo to stop us.

Even China for all their bullshit can't stop stepping on their own dick long enough actually become any sort of a real power, except to their immediate next door neighbors who all pay tribute to a country on the other side of the world. Putin, for all his Ukraine poo poo, is just jealous that he can't play on our level like the USSR was able to before. And we're so complacent that we don't even notice their poo poo because we ball so hard. Some people like to talk about how much better Norway/Sweden/Netherlands/"insert any non-UK EU nation here" is because of their social safety net or whatever the gently caress, but do you really want to be one of them? They're basically like kept women. Trophy wives. They rely on America to do the killing and pay the bills while they hang out with their girlfriends drinking appletinis and get mani-pedis, and all they have to do is let us have some anal or a few bj's in the car. Because that's what it means to be a country that's not in the drivers seat. You're basically the equivalent of a prison bitch.

To deny your dominance over other, lesser peoples (aka all of them) is to deny your birthright as an American. Feel proud of that since that's what your taxes are spent on. What I'm saying is, we should all at least be a little proud of being the equivalent of a modern Roman Legionnaire. Except you live past the age of 40, have things like XBoxes, and get waaaay loving more.

Although I hate the Air Force as an organization, I still take pride of being able to talk poo poo since we're basically the Floyd Mayweather of planet Earth.

• Locked thread