Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Gatekeeper posted:

well, yeah, but jesse figured out the whole thing. walt made jesse think gus had taken the ricin cigarette from him and poisoned brock. then he makes jesse think that he's just a klutz who loses poison and makes hasty assumptions. walt was loving the dude's brain, and jesse finally put the whole thing together. it seemed kind of straightforward, although maybe people just have a hard time accepting that jesse put all those pieces together at once. i dunno, jesse finally being able to see one of walt's schemes in its entirety instead of always being at best a step or two behind seemed like a good progression in his arc.

But see, the kid wasn't even poisoned with ricin so Jesse would have remained clueless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I never really understood that scene. Walt didn't even use the ricin on Brock so why did it loving matter. That was the worst part of the series.

Honestly I just hated Jessie. How am I supposed to feel sympathy for a character who wasn't above selling meth to recovering addicts at an AA meeting.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Chuck Tanner posted:

But see, the kid wasn't even poisoned with ricin so Jesse would have remained clueless

yeah god knows nobody would ever draw the conclusion that a scheming chemist who has repeatedly demonstrated his proclivity for different types of poison as well as convoluted manipulations would have poisoned a child in order to get Jesse to do what he wanted him to

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

indigi posted:

yeah god knows nobody would ever draw the conclusion that a scheming chemist who has repeatedly demonstrated his proclivity for different types of poison as well as convoluted manipulations would have poisoned a child in order to get Jesse to do what he wanted him to

Not when a doctor literally told him it was a common occurrence

And then all his fears about Walt stealing the cigarette were alleviated when he found it in his roomba

He had no reason to suspect Walt anymore and that whole incident would be just a faint memory to him after that. But we are supposed to believe that he held on to it this whole time and always suspected which is bullshit

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

indigi posted:

Was it ever really explained how the ricin was stolen anyway or whatever? That whole thing seemed really convoluted from the beginning.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Huell lifted it off him when he went to see Saul

Chuck Tanner posted:

Not when a doctor literally told him it was a common occurrence

when they made the ricin Walt specifically said that he chose it cause doctors overlook it and it'd look like stress and the flu or something. so Jesse knows Walt wants to not only poison people but obfuscate the cause from doctors.

Chuck Tanner posted:

And then all his fears about Walt stealing the cigarette were alleviated when he found it in his roomba

yeah the cigarette he found in the roomba he'd checked a million times while Walt - who repeatedly lied, distorted the truth, and manipulated Jesse over the course of the series - happened to be therw.

Chuck Tanner posted:

He had no reason to suspect Walt anymore and that whole incident would be just a faint memory to him after that. But we are supposed to believe that he held on to it this whole time and always suspected which is bullshit

the incident where the child he cared about of the woman he loved was poisoned and hospitalized that he believed himself to have caused? that incident was a faint memory? and it's not like there are years between that and when he figured out what happened. it was only a couple of months in-show time.

Jesse was a dumbfuck but really it wasn't a tough puzzle to piece together

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

indigi posted:

Jesse was a dumbfuck but really it wasn't a tough puzzle to piece together

i dont get it

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Chuck Tanner posted:

im currently watching this

its p fun

i just realized that Psych and Breaking bad both have black guys named gus in them

coincidence?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Is this from the show with Malcolm in middle dad???

tia

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

gggiiimmmppp posted:

It was actually a really good scene and that's exactly how memory works, he realized he didn't have his weed and that sausage fingers must have picked his pocket which immediately connected to that other time he was convinced that sausage fingers couldn't have picked anyone's pockets because he had fingers like sausages

it's hilarious that the world's fattest, blackest man who you can hear breathing asthmatically from 3 states over is supposed to be a master thief with the grace and dexterity of a ballerina

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol you don't really need to be graceful or dexterous to pick a junkie's pocket

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Never got past the second episode. Whole thing seemed kind of dumb.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Carl Seitan posted:

Never got past the second episode. Whole thing seemed kind of dumb.

it is pretty much, there's a lot of stupid bullshit esp in later seasons but you're so on board at that point you don't gaf

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
jesse hosed his sister and thier child is NOT the rightful heir to the seven kingdoms, pass it on

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
I remember jesse figuring it out and I remember enjoying the show but I don't remember caring about minor details ruining it for me

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Frostwerks posted:

jesse hosed his sister and thier child is NOT the rightful heir to the seven kingdoms, pass it on

jesse, jaime hmm are they brothers

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
jesse's bitch rear end little brother got jesse kicked out because of a little bit of pot.

e: pot that was the little brothers!!

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

gggiiimmmppp posted:

It was actually a really good scene and that's exactly how memory works, he realized he didn't have his weed and that sausage fingers must have picked his pocket which immediately connected to that other time he was convinced that sausage fingers couldn't have picked anyone's pockets because he had fingers like sausages

it was actually rly bad writing

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

killyoureparents posted:

jesse's bitch rear end little brother got jesse kicked out because of a little bit of pot.

e: pot that was the little brothers!!

it runs in the family

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

indigi posted:

seriously Walt was a terrible human being but he did try to do right by Jesse pretty much all the time. how many times did he risk (and eventually give up) his own life to save that kid? and every time Jesse does something horrible of his own free will or falls back into being a pathetic addict he externalizes all his problems onto someone else (usually Walt) and goes and does the dumb poo poo. gently caress him. I was so bitter when he drove away. good thing he'll definitely wind up in jail cause he has no loving money or connections anymore. where's he even gonna go. gently caress him

Walt manipulated him every step. Everything Walt said to Jesse was puppetmaster mind-loving. The only honest thing he ever said to Jesse was "I'm sorry about Jane" and "I want this", and only after Jesse pointed a gun at him and told him to tell the truth for once.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
"BEEP

BOOP"

-OP :spergin:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

stratdax posted:

Walt manipulated him every step. Everything Walt said to Jesse was puppetmaster mind-loving. The only honest thing he ever said to Jesse was "I'm sorry about Jane" and "I want this", and only after Jesse pointed a gun at him and told him to tell the truth for once.

also honest things he said were "run" and "Jesse they're coming for you you have to do it now"

and he gave him that 5 mili

like seriously he was a rear end in a top hat but he always looked out for Jesse

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I liked badger he was a hell of a character

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

I liked badger he was a hell of a character

ugh I met him at a party in SF and called him Brandon

this was almost 6 months ago and I still feel like such a dick about it. I'm blushing right now and feel nauseated

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

gggiiimmmppp posted:

this guy gets it

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

The thing is that Jesse never really shows any awareness of any particulars of the plan. All he says on the subject is "You picked my pocket? You could have taken the ricin, WALT BAD MAN". Which, considering that Walt's plan was pretty dumb ("Let's make Jesse want to kill me but when he comes to kill me hopefully I can talk him down so well that he'll be even more on my side sixty seconds after trying to kill me than he was before I gave him reason to want to kill me"), made it look like he had completely forgotten details like "it was a different poison" and just jumped straight to the (true) conclusion.

I think Jesse could have figured it out but the scene did a pretty poor job of conveying him figuring it out, which is pretty disappointing considering that it was a pivotal scene for the story's conclusion.

Lottery of Babylon fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jul 2, 2014

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

indigi posted:

seriously Walt was a terrible human being but he did try to do right by Jesse pretty much all the time. how many times did he risk (and eventually give up) his own life to save that kid? and every time Jesse does something horrible of his own free will or falls back into being a pathetic addict he externalizes all his problems onto someone else (usually Walt) and goes and does the dumb poo poo. gently caress him. I was so bitter when he drove away. good thing he'll definitely wind up in jail cause he has no loving money or connections anymore. where's he even gonna go. gently caress him

you have an evil heart

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
the only people who don't like that scene are people who would be too dumb to figure that poo poo out if it happened to them. but not everyone is that dumb i'm afraid, boys.

like lol i remember there was one guy in the thread who didn't realize what jesse was supposed to be figuring out, and he freaked out on everyone posting "JESSE FIGURED OUT WALT POISONED BROCK" and accused them of having an expedited broadcast which allowed them to be already watching the next scene where it's spelled out explicitly

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Benedick Cuckold posted:

the only people who don't like that scene are people who would be too dumb to figure that poo poo out if it happened to them. but not everyone is that dumb i'm afraid, boys.

like lol i remember there was one guy in the thread who didn't realize what jesse was supposed to be figuring out, and he freaked out on everyone posting "JESSE FIGURED OUT WALT POISONED BROCK" and accused them of having an expedited broadcast which allowed them to be already watching the next scene where it's spelled out explicitly

this is correct, breaking bad was too intelligent for scrubs, if there's something you didn't like about it it's probably your own fault

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Kyrie eleison posted:

this is correct, breaking bad was too intelligent for scrubs, if there's something you didn't like about it it's probably your own fault

breaking bad was a pretty simple show, actually. i'd hate to think how dumb you'd have to be not to get it

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Benedick Cuckold posted:

breaking bad was a pretty simple show, actually. i'd hate to think how dumb you'd have to be not to get it

It's not about not "getting it". I understand what they were trying to convey

It's about lovely writing

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

im mad that people liked that show I didnt like that has been over forever for a year AMA

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
even when goons are right about a work of fiction being good or bad it's always for the most retarded, irrelevant reasons conceivable

i mean seriously every single time without fail

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Benedick Cuckold posted:

you have to actually engage your brain a little and have a decent sense of judgment to enjoy breaking bad. these traits will only hinder your ability to watch scrub-tier shows

Chuck Tanner posted:

It's not about not "getting it". I understand what they were trying to convey

It's about lovely writing

the writing was extremely good

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
im glad people still dont understand obvious plot points/scenes in this show I was worried that it would stop when the series ended

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I really like breaking bad

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Mr. White, you're Heisenburg, bitch

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I thought that Jesse arriving at that conclusion was reasonable enough, but he didn't quite have enough to go on to rage out and burn down Walt's house and jeopardize everything. Either way it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the final season in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
sorry I was too busy posting :tviv: to actually pay attention to the show and not miss basic plot details

• Locked thread