Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I saw some people going out in the sweltering heat near where I work for a smoke break and it made me think. Do people who regularly smoke just not give a poo poo about their health? Yes, I do enjoy the occasional cigarette, usually when drunk, but I've kept it down to a level where it still gives me a rush and makes me sick if I smoke while sober. Regardless, I always regret it the next day, due to health reasons, the smell, my teeth, everything.

So do people who smoke regularly just not give a gently caress about that poo poo, do they lives their lives in never ending regret, or have they taken the red pill and have learned society's stigma about smoking is actually some liberal commie bullshit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Yes.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
TL:dr (too lame; didn't read)

Go smoke

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I smoke cos I'm hoping for an early death, and I need to cling to something

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i smoke to fit in with the cool kids

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i don't go outside to smoke weed

E: sometimes I do when the weather is nice

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
why do people smoke when they drink?

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!
smoking is good for you

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
pull up and park outside a denny's sometime and just watch for a few minutes. youll see these 500 pound women come out and just start chain smoking in between eating breakfast slams. theyve usually given up on make up at that point also and have dark circles under their eyes and are wearing sweatpants. its depressing to watch

What The Pfargtl
Sep 10, 2007

This message brought to you by the United States Department of Condescending Paternalism.
i'll have plenty of time to not smoke when i'm dead

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

pull up and park outside a denny's sometime and just watch for a few minutes. youll see these 500 pound women come out and just start chain smoking in between eating breakfast slams. theyve usually given up on make up at that point also and have dark circles under their eyes and are wearing sweatpants. its depressing to watch

Why would I want to do that

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Hwbrgdtse posted:

why do people smoke when they drink?

it fucks you up more.

smoking sober usually just gives me a slight buzz followed by a headache/nausea.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

regular smoking smells like poo poo and makes you gross but those e-cig things are pretty cool and don't make you smell like burning rear end

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
yeah pretty much. my dad just died a pretty lovely death of throat cancer like a month before his 50th birthday, so i'm well aware of what'll happen to me, but i think part of me kinda feels i deserve a young lovely death like that. it's strange. i dunno about other smokers, though, i know a lot of my friends just really look fuckin cool when they smoke so it does seem worth the risk for them at least.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

i bet they're dtf

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

i'd smoke all the time if it didn't make you smell like absolute poo poo and you could do it indoors.

wait, what is this e-cigarette?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

we[re addicted to it. also i personally hate myself anyway

MMOs & Welfare
Jan 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I smoke like a pack a day and definitely don't give a gently caress

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
My hands just kind of flail about if they don't have a cigarette in them

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

facebook jihad posted:

Yes, I do enjoy the occasional cigarette, usually when drunk, but I've kept it down to a level where it still gives me a rush and makes me sick if I smoke while sober.

LOL - a former regular smoker

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Why does everyone want to be old anyway? Like anyone needs all these oldies hanging around all day

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
People with no vices usually have no virtues, which is why I use an oversize beer bong to funnel vanilla shakes directly into my anus

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
it's loving annoying that weed is so expensive here that blunts are fiscally irresponsible.i can go for like a week+ without cigarettes but joints always lead to cigs esp. if you end up going to the pub. that tcc ecig/thc tincture seems pretty good

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Most people smoke because they see other people doing it and imitate them like a dumb monkey

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It's banned on my building's property and by ordnance in public on the streets. It's hilarious to watch the addicts run down to the next building in the pouring rain to practice their cancer dance.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Arian_Samurai posted:

People with no vices usually have no virtues, which is why I use an oversize beer bong to funnel vanilla shakes directly into my anus

why bother with vanilla at that point, couldn't you save money by just using cold milk thickened with corn starch?

Slurmy
Aug 4, 2006
Whimmy Wham Wham Wozzle!
gives me something to do while my more neckbeardy friends are going on about game of thrones.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

long term smokers have a way of warping their brains to convince them that smoking isnt a big deal and isnt that bad for you its just a media thing

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

keep your taxes off my cancer sticks

Afro Doug
Aug 10, 2007

smoking isn't a big deal it's not bad for you its just a media thing

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
i started using ecigs instead so now i'm addicted to them

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Business Gorillas posted:

why bother with vanilla at that point, couldn't you save money by just using cold milk thickened with corn starch?

It's an art, not a science!!!!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

roboshit posted:

long term smokers have a way of warping their brains to convince them that smoking isnt a big deal and isnt that bad for you its just a media thing

dont you smoke meth

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!

Afro Doug posted:

smoking isn't a big deal it's not bad for you its just a media thing

it's good for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_benefits_of_smoking

Digestive system
-Risk of ulcerative colitis has been frequently shown to be reduced by smokers on a dose-dependent basis; the effect is eliminated if the individual stops smoking.[5][6]
-Smokers are less often affected by aphthous ulcer.[7]
-Cotinine, a nicotine metabolite, helps defend against parasites.[8]

Cardiovascular system
-Kaposi's sarcoma[9]

Reproductive/breasts
-Smoking is well-known to reduce the risk of Endometrial cancer[10]
-breast cancer among women carrying the very high risk BRCA gene[11]
-Pre-eclampsia[12]
-Smoking may also reduce rates of uterine fibroids.[13][14] Some preliminary data from 1996 suggested a reduced incidence,[15] but overall the evidence is unconvincing.[16]

Miscellaneous
-The majority (80% in Australia in 2001, 88% in England, 85% in the US in 2007) of people with schizophrenia smoke, apparently to self-medicate.[17]
-Smoking is also known to reduce the incidence of sarcoidosis.[18]

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i only smoke cigarettes to improve my counterstrike game

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also because i hate myself and everyone in my immediate vicinity

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
as a smoker: haha yes

i smoke 3 cigs a day except when im going out then its as many as possible

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Fandyien posted:

dont you smoke meth

Name one case of lung cancer caused by methamphetamine.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i smoke a cigarette every three or so hours, less when i smoke weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

i smoke once or twice a day and a lot more when i am driving, i just don't really think about the long term health problems enough to consider quitting. plus i am addicted. plus the environment is gonna be so hosed up in 50 years who cares

roboshit posted:

Name one case of lung cancer caused by methamphetamine.

youre insane meth is bad for you

• Locked thread