Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008
Also sent a mail for Roll20.

I've been trying to get the demo working. Has anyone else tried it? I think I can get it running but it just gives me an empty list with no scenarios to play so I can't actually try it. I also tried Normandy which does appear to work. It it similar enough that playing it will still be useful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Yep, it was me Asehujiko, I sent you the e-mail.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

Incoming intelligence. I took a stroll through the beautiful summer weather and snapped a few photos of my holiday. Hopefully all company commanders will enjoy!

http://imgur.com/a/pOHZZ

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
It was not me who just sent an email regarding the R20 invite. It was some other willie. You should probably give him the URL anyway, I mean, what could go wrong?

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
1st Battalion
Headquarters Team (BATTALION COMMANDER--dtkozl) [x]

Infantry Gun Battery (light)
4 x 76mm Infantry Gun (OB-25) (SUBORDINATE TO BATTALION COMMANDER--dtkozl) [x]

1st Rifle Company
Headquarters Team (COMPANY COMMANDER--tatankatonk) [x]
Sniper Team (SUPPORT COMMANDER--Tetrakarn) [x]
1st Platoon (3 squads infantry, 1 sniper team, 1 scout team, 1 flamethrower team) (PLATOON COMMANDER--dublish) [x]
2nd Platoon (3 squads infantry, 1 sniper team, 1 scout team, 1 flamethrower team) (PLATOON COMMANDER--RedFlag) [x]
3rd Platoon (3 squads infantry, 1 sniper team, 1 scout team, 1 flamethrower team) (PLATOON COMMANDER--AceBuckeye13) [x]
Machine Gun section (Maxim M1910) (SUPPORT COMMANDER--Kaisloc) [x]
Machine Gun Team (Maxim HMG) (SUPPORT COMMANDER--Davin Valkri) [x]
Antitank gun Team (76mm Antitank gun) (SUPPORT COMMANDER--Hob Gadling) [x]
Truck (Studebaker) (SUBORDINATE TO SUPPORT COMMANDER)

Mortar Platoon [Medium] (4x82mm Mortars, BM-43) (tatankatonk) [x]

2nd SMG Company
Headquarters Team (COMPANY COMMANDER--Herp Derp) [x]
1st Platoon (3 SMG squads, 1 Tank Hunter team) (PLATOON COMMANDER--brakeless) [x]
2nd Platoon (3 SMG squads, 1 Tank Hunter team) (PLATOON COMMANDER--RedLobster) [x]
3rd Platoon (3 SMG squads, 1 Tank Hunter team) (PLATOON COMMANDER--Willie Tomg) [x]
Machine Gun Team (Maxim HMG) (SUPPORT COMMANDER--TehKeen) [x]
Machine Gun Team (Maxim HMG) (SUPPORT COMMANDER--Comstar) [x]
Antitank gun Team (76mm Antitank gun) (SUPPORT COMMANDER--Jaguars!) [x]
Truck (Studebaker) (SUBORDINATE TO SUPPORT COMMANDER)

Mortar Platoon [Medium] (4x82mm Mortars, BM-43) (Herp Derp) [x]

3rd Tank Company
HQ Heavy Tank (IS-2 (mid)) (COMPANY COMMANDER--The Merry Marauder) [x]
1st Heavy Tank (IS-2 (mid)) (TANK COMMANDER--Asehujiko) [x]

HQ Tank (T-70M (M1943)) (TANK COMMANDER--uPen) [x]
1st Light Tank (T-70M (M1943)) (TANK COMMANDER--duckfoot) [x]
2nd Light Tank (T-70M (M1943)) (TANK COMMANDER--Simplefish) [x]

HQ Medium Tank (T-34-85) (TANK COMMANDER--Gamerofthegame) [x]
1st Medium Tank (T-34-85) (TANK COMMANDER--Krysmphoenix) [x]
2nd Medium Tank (T-34-85) (TANK COMMANDER--Grumio) [x]

Finalized list, TehKeen you got a hmg. If anyone didn't get what they wanted or wants to make changes and poo poo get your butt in gear.

Those of you that missed out there will inevitably come a time when someone will drop out and they need a new person so do not despair!

Finalized orders will come later, that drat photo album took me 2 hours.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

dtkozl posted:

Incoming intelligence. I took a stroll through the beautiful summer weather and snapped a few photos of my holiday. Hopefully all company commanders will enjoy!

http://imgur.com/a/pOHZZ

So south is up on our maps? We're starting in the southeast corner? That's not going to be confusing at all.

This is a beautiful picture. Ford Lavender is at 1:00 between the two groups of trees in the midground, Ford Viridian is at 11:00 in the last group of trees on the left.

dublish fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 3, 2014

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
Damnit yeah I got some of the directions wrong in my text but there is a compass on the pictures, the dark arrow is the one to use so just go by that. We start in the SE corner, the map goes north.

I didn't say the intelligence was good.

RedFlag
Nov 22, 2007

Bad intel in the military? Shocking!

Any word on what we are up against yet?

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
Grey what are the wind conditions going to be like?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Remember to post here to confirm that it's actually you who's emailing me, currently need a confirmation from dtkozl and whichever one of you asked me "Dunno why you don't just post it in the thread and leave it to the hounds", couldn't make out who you were from your email.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
It was me. You're worrying to much about this, I think. People will spy either way.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
I did indeed email you.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I'm not worried about espionage from the other thread but mainly outsiders coming in to vandalize things. Every time I have to kick somebody, the url changes, which is a rather big inconvenience for everybody. You can PM it to the rest of our team if you have plat.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

RedFlag posted:

We don't find out until we see it. They don't know our OOB (unless they're dirty cheaters, in which case, hi!) until they get eyes on. Same goes for us.

It's better this way.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

RedFlag posted:

Four dozen PzIIs

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

tatankatonk posted:

Four dozen PzIIs

Will we have enough AT ammo for all that?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

dublish posted:

Will we have enough AT ammo for all that?

The funny thing is that we probably wouldn't

RedFlag
Nov 22, 2007

Asehujiko, just sent an invite request for Roll20. Timestamp 5:02 pm (Mountain Time).

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

I just sent an invite request for Roll20

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Where did you send them to? I got no more emails.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

Here are overall orders for the battle. Should I get killed Command will go to Company 3 commander The Merry Marauder followed by Company 1 commander tatankatonk and finally Company 2 commander Herp Derp. This does not reflect any personal feelings in the matter, Company 2's sole focus should be getting those SMG squads into the objective and removing stray Huns. All other companies will assist in this matter.

The Battle Plan will consist of 4 phases:

Phase 1
All troops will ford the river at Ford Pallet in an organized manner save for those that I mention below. The order for those across Pallet will be T 70s, Trucks, SMG Infantry followed by Rifles. Company commanders should make sure their troops do not bunch up at crossings, I don't want to lose half a company to a stray shell.

1 platoon of SMG infantry will board the three T 34-85 and and one T 70 tank (the anti tank team on the T 70) and will proceed to cross at Ford Cerulean ASAP under cover of a smoke mission which I call in from the two off map mortar teams. They will proceed to OP Diglett with all due alacrity and then pull back and cover approaches to allow for the infantry on foot to catch up.

The IS 2s will camp at OP Abra behind the far screen of trees and protect this crossing from any German tanks that might appear. I will be next to the IS 2s and require a flamethrower from 1 Co to help me protect the IS 2s flank from any infantry attacks for as long as they stay there.

Phase 2
First Company will assist Second Company in pushing on the railway. Both companies should use their guns and heavy machine gun teams to protect lanes of advance for the infantry to gain position of the middle of the objective. The T 34s and T 70s will assist the infantry in this mission. Highest priority is on gaining footholds in OP's Graveler, Haunter, and Flygon.

I would recommend here first company splits its platoons into two groups with two platoons south of the rail like and one north in order to aid the SMGs in their objective, but this is down to 1st Co Commander's perogitive.

Phase 3
A general advance will be called and all infantry will sweep west in order to completely secure the rail station and OP Haunter.

Phase 4
Using our superior map position we will then clean out any remaing German forces and proceed in a South Westerly axis of attack in order to sweep the objective totally clean and drive them towards the river. This will secure us victory.

1st Company
You will position your men behind 2nd Company and ford the river at Pallet. Assign one flame thrower to the woods at hex M-11. You have full access to a 82mm call in once it has finished its initial smoke mission.

2nd Company
Assign one platoon to tank duty. They will take OP Diglett and wait for the rest of your troops. The rest shall cross at Pallet and move up to reinforce. You will have full access to a 82mm call in once it has finished its initial smoke mission.

3rd Company
The two IS 2s will provide overwatch at OP Abra at hex M-10. T 34-85s have their orders, and assign one T 70 to aid them. The other two T 70s will aid the rest of the army in securing initial positions and allow those weapons that need time to set up the ability to do so undistirbed. After these tanks have finished their mission you are free to order them to assist the overall objectives as you see fit.

Make sure those IS 2s keep a screen of trees between them and the German spawn, we don't want to venture into the open and give them a free shot at us. Make sure those T 34s move fast across that ford, the smoke will be gone quick, stay in the grass where they move faster and roads once they are in the town.

Greyhunter
I want both 82mm mortar teams to fire a smoke mission from L-10 to L-9, basically wall off the area directly in front of Ford Cerulean with smoke. Smoke, Maximum, Immediately.

I will move my Commander from Q-15 to the woods at M-11. I'd like to be protected from the German spawn but be able to see into the town.

dtkozl fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 4, 2014

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Woops, request sent once more to the correct email address.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

How far on the map can we get in 5 mins?

Will we be calling arty on the German fords?

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

simplefish posted:

How far on the map can we get in 5 mins?

Will we be calling arty on the German fords?

The tanks should be able to get across in 5 minutes, we just gotta make sure they have a clean line of advance to it and dont get stuck behind other poo poo.

No to arty on the other fords. I don't want to get that gamey on them and it takes 16 minutes to call in so I'd rather wait till I get set up then call it in on where I think they will go.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Sent request to the D20m thing. Personally I would prefer everyone post in the thread - it gives the peanut gallery something more to laugh at, and when the game is over, you can come back to the thread and face palm at your own dumb orders.

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
I wanna call dibs on riding the tank to diglett.

RedFlag
Nov 22, 2007

Comstar posted:

Sent request to the D20m thing. Personally I would prefer everyone post in the thread - it gives the peanut gallery something more to laugh at, and when the game is over, you can come back to the thread and face palm at your own dumb orders.

Yup, half the fun for anyone following these threads is seeing everything play out in detail from both sides. We'll be able to integrate the D20m tools into our posting for convenience for the best of both worlds.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Comstar posted:

I didn't receive any emails after tonk's, did you remember the underscore?

As for roll20 <-> peanut gallery interaction, after every turn I'll put the chat logs and a picture of the map here for posterity.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Asehujiko posted:

As for roll20 <-> peanut gallery interaction, after every turn I'll put the chat logs and a picture of the map here for posterity.

Quick, somebody draw the :dong: on the map again.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
^^ Willie's Willies will ford the river atop fronds of puissant proletarian jism

Yeah Roll20 is, near as i can tell, a map with an attached chatroom that also lets you draw no fewer than one (1) dicks on it while hashing stuff out and listening to the Red Army Choir sing stuff on the jukebox. It's not really a replacement for posting orders in the thread or posting questions or proposing really dumb ideas that'll get everyone killed.

RedFlag
Nov 22, 2007

Here we go.

I won't say much until I've got my marching orders from tatankatonk. Being last to cross means we should be able to assist the IS 2s in overwatch until it is our turn to cross. For phase 2 1 company is better suited to acting as support by fire for a close range assault by 2 company.

Once tatankatonk gives orders I'll work on my Platoon brief. dtkozl, do you have any specific intention for timing/movement coordination, especially when crossing the ford? Easy to clusterfuck up there, especially if a vehicle gets stuck.

RedFlag fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 4, 2014

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

I think company commanders should wait until we see where we're deployed before giving further orders.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Does it matter? It's a order to move to X, doesn't have to be exact with distance.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Marshes. What is it with Russians and ordering Russians to wade through loving marshes. :gonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1K98nceA20

Fine! Fine. I'll do it :(

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

No orders here, I don't know what you're talking about.

dublish fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 4, 2014

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Going to bed now, I'll put in orders for my tank tomorrow morning.

If you haven't signed up for our map sketching and dick drawing chat room at roll20, send me an email at username underscore at hotmail dot com and I'll let you in when I wake up or ask a goon with plat who already has the invite link to send it to you.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

dublish posted:

The 1st Platoon Flamethrower Team will Quick from spawn to M-11, and hold position in the woods there with Battalion command.

1st Rifle Platoon and its remaining assets will Move north from spawn to Q-11. We will wait there until the T-70s and 2nd Company have passed, then queue up to ford the river at P-7.

CHAIN OF COMMAND MCNULTY

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
Company commanders I want you to handle marching orders for your guys and be vocal with other company commanders. There was an idea floated around the thing for the two flamethrowers left to catch a ride on the two t70s crossing at pallet, if that is something you want to do 1st and 3rd commanders need to talk, I dont have to make every little decision, you guys make the orders for your forces.

So just to make it crystal when I say I want t70s to go first followed by trucks and then by the toops, I want you to make sure your platoon commanders say to grey what they say to make that happen, and make sure there is space between them so they dont all roll over in a ball. Guide them where to start, where to go, and there is a thing called the pause command, use that if you need them to go in a certain order.

An example would be "platoon 1, 2, and 3 start at hex R-10 and cross the ford. Platoon one make sure you give no delay, platoon 2 a 30 second delay, and platoon 3 a 60 second delay. Once platoon 1 has crossed the ford take up a defensive posture at hex M-6 and platoon 2 at M-5. Platoon 3 proceed to N-2 and advance until you come under fire to L-2 and await further orders."

That was with company 1 in mind, btw. But don's just use that make sure you give company 2 time to cross before you go. A way to do that would let them start at R-10 and you start further south at say R-12. Or you could give a longer delay, or take a longer course. Your choice! 31 flavors! This is gonna be tough!

dtkozl fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 4, 2014

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
The Merry Marauder:

More detailed shot of the forest we're guarding in the lower center and the fords to the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Maybe it's too late to do anything about this, but I started up a QB to mess around in, created an SMG company with a Tank Hunter team organic to each platoon, and... the Tank Hunter teams consist of 3 guys with SMGs and binoculars. Were we expecting AT capabilities?

• Locked thread