Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I loving love Insertion. Finally something different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
The pad helps the movement to be smoother since it offers traction.

My mouse would fly on the desk.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
So, the argument against insertion is that it is vastly different from traditional CS. But is a step to the unknown bad? I mean, people whining that Insertion, and Mist to an extent, should have been more traditional miss the point that the old maps are still there?

Why are so many implying that new map packs should just increase the amount of numerical de_dusts?

I loving love Insertion and Mist.

There were some awesome games where our 5 goon party used autosnipers and negevs to riddle all the houses with bullets since the enemy loved sitting inside so much.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Clearly the development of new maps should cease. Nothig is good enough, we have the maps that we will play until heat death.

To get into competetive rotation, map has to be competetive level in advance. To reach competetive level, the map has had to be played competetively.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I would pay money to watch games if a league would declare that three matches are played from a pool of Motel, Insertion, Mist and Rush.

That would be the tits.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Randomly selecting a community map from a pool of hundreds would also nice, ensuring that no team has practiced for it.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

How about we announce a map pool and then, on the day of the tourney, draw all the maps from a completely different pool, ensuring that every single team is an uncoordinated mess?

Having great times organize themselves on the fly would surely be different than watching random MM pubbies flail.

NFL players without the coah would be an apt analogy.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Here is the way I approach this. When I started my interest in CS, I had not yet hit puberty.
Now I am married with my own business, dogs, cats and kids and poo poo.

...and people still play the same maps.

I want to see something different in the game I love/hate. It has been a long time and CS shows no signs of dying either.
There has been plenty and there will be plenty more matches on de_dust2, so we do not have to worry about those going anywhere.
Mixing up the deck every now and then would be funny and add some twists to the community that is so oriented to beaten paths.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 11, 2014

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Having ten goons on same channel, all playing demolition, is a lot of screaming. And fun.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I know a person who got it who is silver 4 and 40 wins.
So there is hidden magic there.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
A lot of people have the "guilty unless proven otherwise" attitude in overwatch. Come on, don't be like them.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I refuse to believe that anyone here is improving their play with this.

If we have two world champions in CS, they might feel the need to ooze that last drop of diffence with these.

Other than that, I'd hit the MM with all the time you are screwing around with settings.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I liked the tower!

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
My best game of CS. Easy. We were all on mumble and queued together as five.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Salt Fish posted:

Big news; the price on the original esports case is going up up up, buy them now before you miss this amazing investment opportunity!

Can someone explain why?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Salt Fish posted:

All you need to know is that you should start hording them immediately. I recommend buying 10-20 of them and then posting on reddit and steam about the trend to push the price higher.

So we are literally going all BitCoin over this?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Overpass has come a long way. It is a really cool map and pretty balanced.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
This is what CS is all about.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I am only a silver scrub but I carry a frag for the times that I see blood from my hit and the enemy retreats around the corner. I then throw it at the corner, often getting several kills this way.

Difference being to most nades is that those are thrown pre-emptively and I throw my frag grenade as a reaction to something, not from a pre-determined spot.

Am I learning bad habits?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Photex posted:

I don't know why I bet on csgo lounge, I don't even gamble in real life.

Personally I do it because I am an idiot with no redeeming qualities.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
What happened here?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

astr0man posted:

Badge guy and silver 2 guy were in a party. When you average them together you get SEM/nova 1 Tier MM

In a game of silvers and early novas, can't a badge carry way more than what he loses from the silver 2?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

The Ferret King posted:

I'm sure it will, thanks. Maybe someone could update the group page info to get rid of the old IP address.

Also pester people in the group chat about the proper mumble to hang around.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmw7uNQ7rrk

Coolest CS video ever.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
The semi-automatic scoped rifles, Scar 20 and G3SG1. Two body shots kill and they fire with every click.

Not as good as the AWP in high level play due to the lack of first hit kill, but some pros do prefer them.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Reddit made a funny joke.

I posted a suggestion about having clearer Ranks in CS: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2dt9of/why_do_we_have_such_confusing_rank_names_why_cant/

Anyway, someone nailed it with:

quote:

I've had a look at how the movie industry names things, and I think we can apply their common sense system to CS:GO ranks.

Silver
Silver II
Silver 3
Silver 3: Gold
Silver 4
Silverest
Gold
Gold II
Gold 3D
Gold
Master Guardian
Master Guardian 2
2 Master 2 Guardian
Master Guardian: The Distinguishinating
Legendary Eagle
Legendary Eagle Rises
Supreme Legendary Eagle: Distinguished Masterclass Guardian of the Elite
The Gold
Not sure about that last one. I think simply "Gold" is punchier.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Wezlar posted:

All those newcomers who can't tell the difference between the LEMs and DMGs in their games whatever will they do?!

I have 530 hours and I still hate the silly ranks. What is the reason for the current ranks?

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 17, 2014

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I play this game for the little things.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
There are also very cheap stattrak versions of many of the weapons, like actual ten or twenty cent cheap stattrak.

I am a Deagle and a Glock short from my "get everything stattrak" collection.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Lol.

If you climb to the deer stand on INsertion, the map lags out for everybody. It stops as soon as you hop down from the stand. THis is awesome.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Insertion is awesome. I am on my third match in a row now and the deer stand thing is now definitely verified to be consistent lagging. And for everybody, including opponents.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Alright so when you have a Hostage in Insertion, a teammate has to climb to the deer stand to launch the lag cannon. When there, any change of interception or sniping of the hostage carrier becomes nigh impossible. I am pretty sure half of the people have no idea what is being done when they sream "DDOS" in chat.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Everybody is a SMFC on the forums.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Let's just make insertion a mandatory tourney map. And as a surprise that gets announced five minutes before.

I'd watch that so hard.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I only need a knife to top off my Stattrak collection. :swoon:
Soon I think I am starting the naming process for everyone.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 12, 2014

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I saw a drop of a red winter offensive case. What the hell?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Some of us have names that are for real unique, no reason to use a nick.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
What would the 74 do, more damage or less? More accurate and less damaging?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
An FAL, the british L1 variant.

Heavy damage, more accurate, 20 rounds.
No full-auto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Also when do I actually get the 20rnd visible mag on the M4? My immersion is ruined.

• Locked thread