Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I feel like Mist is bad enough that it becomes good. It's so bad it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

kcer posted:

Would you like to play wow with me?

fe: sorry necco this thread isn't even a page old and I'm making GBS threads it up :v:

Don't say sorry, the thread needs to be broken in or else it doesn't feel like home.

It's almost there, just need a little sens chat and ump chat.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Stomping noobs is a good thing to do. If I don't stomp the noobs, how will they know that they are noobs who need to be stomped?

Plus I give out great advice like "shoot them in the head". And sometimes I lose, then they get to learn what NOT to do. Like don't follow your team with only a deagle shooting randomly at the wall every 5 seconds so the enemies know where your team is heading. And don't just follow your teammate and let them pick, then run away to a different teammate when they die.

So really I'm doing everyone a service by smurfing. I'm like a saint or something.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

How much of a shithead had you been recently to be up to 7 day bans...?

I've gotten a 7 day ban TWICE :smuggo:

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Egan Yardley posted:

i would be upset if i bought a used motherboard and it ended up being hwid banned and i get vacced for trying to save a few bucks.

Luckily hardware bans are incredibly easy to get around.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Back in the day it seemed like mill(or some variation of it) was always a favorite in competitive, and I'm surprised it's not played more.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Why wouldn't teams practice nuke?

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Yeah, what kcer said. I liked cobble in source. It was a fun map, regardless about whether it was good competitively. The new cobble isn't fun at all, is super cluttered, has a million places, corners and objects to look at. It's just not a fun map.

I want to see a good remake of de_Piranesi. Or has that already happened? Some people were saying it kinda looked like the new cobble was more like cobble merged with piranesi so we'll never see it. That would suck.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

SaberToothedPie posted:

Meet me at the squiggly road.

Small squiggly road or big squiggly road?

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I hope all the top teams focus on the regular maps thinking everyone will just ban the other maps, and then the underdog teams all focus on learning the new maps. Then I hope all the top teams get eliminated by the underdogs early on because of the maps.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

whoknew posted:

The crimson huntsman was mine. I did not get scammed. My csgo inventory is worth like $900.

I think it was still a crimson huntsman, just not yours.

numberoneposter posted:

the game hours are not really there

I don't really get this. His 1,700 hours in csgo isn't enough? What do game hours prove anyways, that they use the account a lot? Cuz it doesn't seem like that'd be a good indicator to tell whether someone might scam you or not.

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 12, 2014

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

kaschei posted:

I think it was this knife

Sorry about your bicycle #1 Poster

No, that was the one that just happened. There was another one that happened in the old thread.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I know I wouldn't give someone a 15% cut. There are other better ways to make sure you don't get scammed.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

kcer posted:

Isn't the steam marketplace 15%. Who's this guy to want 15% too?

Oh is it? I haven't really paid that much attention when selling stuff on the steam market. I guess having 15% taken but getting real money isn't the worst deal in that case. I usually just sell stuff on the market cuz I don't get anything worth much anyways.

quote:

Like what, out of curiosity? Certainly if I were that guy, and when it comes time I don't want mine, I'll just dump it on the market so I don't have to deal with scams.

trading it for keys/multiple lower value items and selling those. Or trade for bitcoins because you can't reverse a bitcoin transaction. I'd probably just use the steam market too though, unless it was worth more than $300 or so. also, I think if you are just careful you can avoid the scams.

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 12, 2014

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Wildtortilla posted:

I haven't played this game in six months probably. I fired it up yesterday to find death match and I love it. Am I an animal for enjoying this?

Yes. You are supposed to get angry and throw things, while spouting obscenities in to voice chat. That's how you play csgo.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I played a poo poo ton of gungame in css, and pretty much every gungame server had 1 kill per gun. I think I remember one server which had you get 2 kills per gun(and it was 2 kills for every gun, not variable). Not that I played on every gungame server ever.

Also, IMO gungame is WAY more fun than deathmatch. But I'm not a fan of deathmatch so that might just be me. It's super boring to run around and everyone just always uses awps and aks constantly.

Armsrace maps kinda blows, like someone said above. Plus you only go through each gun once, and I don't think its even every gun. Go to a community gungame server. My person favorite is Dogz gungame server. It has to go through every gun twice, ending with nade then knife. Dogz was the most popular gungame server in css for a long time, and I think still is.

Dogz gungame server: 96.44.146.170:27015

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Psion posted:

I just got CS:GO and the first game I played was with some friends of mine who like competition so it was a comp mode game where we got destroyed (not surprising, last time I played CS was 14 years ago) and then I went and played on community servers and got kills. Sometimes, not against bots. :v:

I guess I am officially a scrub, but I do want those sweet weapon skins. do they just drop after you play for a while or do you have to win or what :confused:

Drops happen after a certain amount of playtime each week, up to 4 drops a week. They can only happen at the end of a game as well. Winning or losing doesn't matter.

Jumping right in to matchmaking is probably the quickest way to learn how to play. Trial by fire and all that. Or maybe watching how pros play can help too.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Sylink posted:

The Howl thing was stupid for the above scam, they should have completely removed all the items.

What about the players who bought it from other players for bunches of money? It'd be pretty lovely if you bought a gun and then valve was like "Oh that gun was copyrighted, now you don't have that gun, and the guy you gave the money to still has your money". Unless you also want them to undo the transactions, but what if the gun has changed hands a dozen times, or even been traded for other guns etc etc.

It's just WAY more messy, and would upset way more people.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Deranged M posted:

I played bunch of cs 1.6 back in the day and I just picked up cs go about month ago. I won all the first 10 games ( playing with bunch of silvers and it was easy ) and I was almost always the top player with most mvp stars. I got placed in Silver Elite after first 10 games. I'm now on 40 wins and gold nova 3 ranked. So , i think first 20 or so wins are going to be with silver players and you shouldn't have a lot of problems with those games.But be prepared to hear some of the most obnoxious people and sounds ever.

No way you won all 10 games in a row and got placed in the silvers.

Just for comparison, I won 10/13 games on a smurf and got LEM. I was playing against badges by my 7th win.

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jul 17, 2014

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

nvmd, I don't actually know that what I said is true.

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 17, 2014

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
When I smurf, I'll often top frag while losing, and I've never ranked up on a loss.

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jul 17, 2014

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I'm enjoying the missions. Except when it made me win on rush. Stupid rush...

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

BadLlama posted:

Are there custom maps that just have bots running around the map which respawn on death and repeat their routes? I just want something to work on my aim without having to get people to help me out.

I mean I guess I could play deathmatch with bots but was looking for something more structured where the bots use routes that are pretty common in match play.

No

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I miss the secret area in mill.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I like nuke a lot(in my top 5 maps list for sure), and I've never taken the time to learn the flashes out hut. I usually just hope that someone else will do it. I mean, I know where people throw them but I haven't practiced it at all so I can't easily throw it in the right spot on the go.

I still like going inside though.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
You will stop faster if you hit the opposing movement key. Try to only use A and D, don't move forward and backwards when trying to stutterstep. Only do it side to side.

Really it's more about timing your shots as you change which direction you are moving than about moving correctly. At least, that's what I mess up on the most.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Crouching isn't *that* bad. It can surprise a person and make them reaim(because they should be aiming at head level), which can give you a split second to headshot them first.

But if you miss that shot, you are now crouched and not moving at all and they will probably headshot you.

So it can definitely be useful to crouch, but it's very risky and makes you an easy target.

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 18, 2014

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I tend to ignore the "BBBBBB" calls. Either call bomb(or if I notice it on radar) or I'm going to be very slow about rotating.

It does result in me getting yelled at like "Why didn't you rotate faster?!" But it's also caused me to make saves when it turns out there were only 2 B and the other 3 ran A.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Necc0 posted:

Just have to keep your teammates positions in your head and make reasonable guesses based on their actions/deaths/picks. If you see your mid get picked and hear smokes popping, you can probably expect a lot of heat there. If you see he pushed up into lower you're probably safe but should always check double just to be safe. If you see your cat AND mid pushing and still alive but your B man is down you know you can run with your knife out until you can see b entrance.

This is why there's a point where it's pretty difficult to advance in skill without having a consistent team that you always play with. You hit a point where you not only have to be really comfortable with your own skills but be able to KNOW with certainty how everyone on your team will react to different situations. By having that you can make much more sophisticated and effective plays.

Yeah, this and the ability to simultaneously peek/take sites is what people mean when they say a team has good chemistry. It's more important than individual skill imo(when it comes to competitive teams).

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

mcvey posted:

shoxie2strong

What are those diamond and other icons I don't recognize? Something to do with a tourny or league or something?

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

mcvey posted:

Special badges you get if you win/place in some tournaments.

Neat. Too bad i'll never get one.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I've definitely seen it happen with lobbies i've jumped in to. They were not goons though. The vast majority of the people on my friend's list aren't goons so *shrug*

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I still think the cobble in css is better than the csgo cobble. Not like it's impossible for something new to be worse than something old.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I think the cliff is funny because I like to see my teammates being too lazy to run to the haystacks and instead just run straight off.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

NTT posted:

lmao I didn't want to surrender so my team kicked me, I get handed a 24 hour ban.

You must get kicked a lot.

Regarding surrender-chat. Screw that, I'm not surrendering. You have to sit here with me and lose. That's how it works.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Uh, Overwatch doesn't actually ban anyone, right? It just uses crowd sourcing to filter out the ones which are obviously not cheating so that an actual anticheat team can look at it, right? So that the anticheat teams have less "omg, this person is hacking because he killed me" cheating cases.

If that's the case, and it does go to another AC team who decides whether to ban or not, then it makes sense to say guilty even if you just suspect it.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
You're probably lagging because you don't have a superawesome gamer's only mouse and keyboard, complete with csgo decals.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I think csgo is more like playing chicken, except both people intend to run in to each other at full speed.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Necc0 posted:

You can do this the easy way and just give it to me instead of some random scammer. That way you'll be able to come visit it from time to time :)

Right, like you wouldn't sell it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

augustob posted:

Do you like deags? Do you have a vibes rating of B+ or above? Have an account you don't mind deranking? Join the Deag League!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/deag_league

Yesterday we (Slumpy, Xen, Shadowlz, Cpunch, and I) won a cs_insertion match 16:14, and it was pretty magical.

I wanna join the deag league =(

• Locked thread