Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cruft

What job is this lady even applying for? Everything she lists as skills, she's bad at. Even clerical work seems like a bad fit.

Kids, it's called work, and not happy fun time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Siluvayne posted:

oh guys...those are bad. welcome to my life.

:(

cruft

Funnypost Collabo posted:

She also used the word "goddamn" in a resume.

That's not a résumé, it's a printout of a geocities page.

cruft

LaTex Fetish posted:

it's because they don't have 8 years of experience, but like 3 months of experience that they repeated for 8 years

This dude is wise.

cruft

Raip posted:

there isn't a built in math function that returns the largest number of a set?

It's Java, so surely there's a library somewhere that does this and 56,000 other things, you just need to find the right library and thumb through the documentation until you find the right method.

I hate Java programming for exactly this reason because

code:
ret = MAX(i, MAX(j, k))
was quicker to write than having to look all that poo poo up.

cruft

Gross Dude posted:

We tell them they can't use certain methods. Like we also ask for the length of a string but you can't use .size ()

Gross dude I want to take your interview test, you should start a new thread tho.

PS: Don't make me do it in Java, I haven't touched Java for like 10+ years (except for my Android app which sucks)

cruft

cruft posted:

Gross dude I want to take your interview test, you should start a new thread tho.

Do it and then I'll make one for my interview.

cruft

LaTex Fetish posted:

i know how to do fizzbuzz in at least 50 languages. I'm ready

Doing fizzbuzz is seriously one of our questions, and only like ⅙ of candidates even know where to start. It's really eye-opening.

We even let you use any language you want.

cruft

Gross Dude posted:

I can post it later, I can only access the forums through my phone and putting up all that would be annoying. I'll post it when I get home.

Okay, I'll do ours then.

cruft

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3647773

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Funnypost Collabo posted:

THis guy has a section on his resume about how he likes "the internet in general" and just moved "to be closer to my grandma". Pertinent job-seeking factoids.

Same guy?

• Locked thread