Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
A great day for freedom is like eating a big handful of unsalted oyster crackers and washing it down with tap water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Cyra posted:

Pink Floyd isn't generally spun at parties

you're partying with the wrong people

Another new clip, not as interesting as the first
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doUm7viV9oc

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BigFactory posted:

A great day for freedom is like eating a big handful of unsalted oyster crackers and washing it down with tap water.

But.. but I love that song

the only disappointing thing about that song is that the album version has the best solo, every live version is inferior in every way.

Still, a great track. Great solo.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

echinopsis posted:

But.. but I love that song

the only disappointing thing about that song is that the album version has the best solo, every live version is inferior in every way.

Still, a great track. Great solo.

Sorry you love bland music. Life gets better, I promise.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
One of my most favorite floyd "moments" is the last part of "Shine on you crazy diamond"

I'm predicting yours is the part where some glass smashes near the end of the first side of "The Wall"

Also pompeii echoes? Best echoes :smugmrgw:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
*plays amazing guitar solo*

*gets called bland by a guy on the internet*

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

even if you added a great scorching solo to Mike Love's "Wrinkles", it would still be "Wrinkles".

echinopsis posted:

Also pompeii echoes? Best echoes :smugmrgw:

finally, a reasonable opinion

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

even if you added a great scorching solo to Mike Love's "Wrinkles", it would still be "Wrinkles".

I don't know that song, but half of "great day for freedom" is the solo so at least half the song owns

quote:

finally, a reasonable opinion

i hope to die with pigs on a wing part 2 playing over the PA while the execution squad fires they guns

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

echinopsis posted:

*plays amazing guitar solo*

*gets called bland by a guy on the internet*

Pink Floyd was my first big rock concert, I listened to them all the time in junior high and high school, but I honestly can't remember the last time I listened to a pink Floyd album on purpose that wasn't Meddle. I find it all very dull. But I like listening to poo poo like Robert Goulet disco re-mixes, so don't pay any attention to me.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thanks for chiming in on this thread then, I guess

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
What I'm saying basically is that Robert Goulet was a much bigger loss that Rick Wright. I miss you Robert.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dude this isn't the thread for "coming out"

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
i, too, have feelings about things and if you don't agree with them well then you're just wrong and pretty much stupid

you see i'm an authority on the subject because reasons

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

This is piss on toast, except boring.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
That teaser looks and sounds uncannily like an ITV ident. Coming up next: boring shite.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

echinopsis posted:

dude this isn't the thread for "coming out"

Robert Goulet was a total ladies' man. I don't even know where you're coming from with this.

That second clip has to be a joke, right?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cyra posted:

i, too, have feelings about things and if you don't agree with them well then you're just wrong and pretty much stupid

you see i'm an authority on the subject because reasons

thank god im not the only one in here

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Barry Foster posted:

This is piss on toast, except boring.

pick the right thirty seconds out of Shine On or Echoes and it would sound boring too, but I have a feeling we're dealing with neither.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have the same feeling.

I mean I love David's lead work and if there is a lot of it I will like the album regardless.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Roger posted this on facebook:

quote:

Dear Friends

Some people have been asking Laurie, my wife, about a new album I have coming out in November. Errhh? I don't have an album coming out, they are probably confused. David Gilmour and Nick Mason have an album coming out. It's called Endless River. David and Nick constitute the group Pink Floyd. I on the other hand, am not part of Pink Floyd. I left Pink Floyd in 1985, that's 29 years ago. I had nothing to do with either of the Pink Floyd studio albums, Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell, nor the Pink Floyd tours of 1987 and 1994, and I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip.

Sounds like he and Dave are best buddies again.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
He's bitter

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It probably does get tiresome, I saw at least one person in a Momentary Lapse t-shirt at a Roger Waters show.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Some people just love Pink Floyd, and not David and/or Roger

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

More likely he's annoyed at the endless stream of "IS ROGRE INVOLLVED". God knows I am.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mlyp

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Both the music and the visuals are like something from the ident of an early nineties British regional news programme

e:

Popcorn posted:

That teaser looks and sounds uncannily like an ITV ident. Coming up next: boring shite.

I should have read the rest of the thread before concocting my sick burns :(

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

It's OK, man, it's good to have one's sick burns verified.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
So are there vocals on this new Pink Floyd cd because if not...why?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQocDfdtBco

I didn't mind the second clip, it seemed a bit nothing.

But this sounds like something my Dad would listen to. Maybe it's an old age thing. This is the first thing that makes me a lil bit gutted :qq:

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Sounds like something from Gilmour's second solo album to me.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sounds like something from a Don Felder solo album, and I am okay with that.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The snippets sound like music for corporate videos

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

Still using that muted delay sound, huh, David.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The one with vocals better be good.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

echinopsis posted:

But this sounds like something my Dad would listen to.

So like Pink Floyd then?

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

I'm kind of sad because I was gonna get this album for my dad for Christmas but it sounds like it's not gonna be very good. Sorry Dad.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I don't know. It's about what anyone should expect. A continuation of that gutless, easy-listening sound. It makes me want to re watch parts of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A human heart posted:

So like Pink Floyd then?

It's me, I'm the Dad

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Astrochicken posted:

I don't know. It's about what anyone should expect. A continuation of that gutless, easy-listening sound. It makes me want to re watch parts of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

David's lead work could save anything, hopefully he does with this

Ever listened to the second half of "shine on" while near-melting on mushrooms? easy-listening becomes irrelevant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

I actually really like The Division Bell. I like how "nice" it is. It's the smell of a new car, in album form. The smell of a new 1996 VW Golf, in fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR9teXP-xP8

Pink Floyd decals.

Premium stereo.

• Locked thread